Hobbies

Mostly wine and Sake. Since the wife is allergic to hops, beer is out of the question. We're gonna try another batch of "Gruit" soon (basically beer before they used hops). But the last batch was a disaster, so we've been putting it off.

Motorcycling, bicycling, singing when no one is home :)

I used to enjoy reading quite a bit, but now I never feel like I have the time. I feel like I should be doing something more productive. :confused:

I also used to enjoy doing a lot of really hard math (it didn't seem hard to me then), but I don't get to use it anymore, so I've forgotten a shameful amount.

Mostly wine and Sake. Since the wife is allergic to hops, beer is out of the question.

Ohhh, tragic. No IPAs! but sake is yummy and there are so many different kinds!

Listening to music, a handful of select TV shows (haven't owned a TV in half a decade, but some shows are worth watching), outside-the-system activism (spoiling police checkpoints, organizing and attending disobedient rallies, street theater, et cetera), drinking, psychedelic drugs (I consider myself a psychonaut), BBQ, starting businesses and anything to do with computers, more or less.

Singing and musical theater (both of those community, not professional).
RVing and camping (yes, they are different things). :D
Reading fantasy and mystery novels.
Corgi dogs (currently have two, but have two that have gone the the Rainbow Bridge).
Spending time with my partners. :)

you folks make me want to take up brewing

I like gardening, fishing, camping, shooting, and I'm building a motorcycle

I mostly target shoot with my Mosin Nagant rifle, best $100 rifle out there, and I'm building a '75 Honda CB750 chopper, about 70% done.

I mostly target shoot with my Mosin Nagant rifle, best $100 rifle out there, and I'm building a '75 Honda CB750 chopper, about 70% done.
Wow that's cheap. If guns were easily available in England, the Mosin Nagant would certainly be on my list though. One of my fav guns.

Ever try making Mead?

We haven't, but largely because Honey is expensive. Blackberries grow like...well, blackberries. ;)

Was gonna start the Sake tonight, but I'm out of sanitizer. :(

ok definitely have to agree with magdlyn on my fav hobby.

SEX, yes!!! your eyes do not deceive you, i just used capital letters.
painting (artwork)
geocaching
steampunk creations (just beginning)
riding motorcycles
among other things.

lucky 7, def post some pics somewhere and let me know, i would love to see your project, when i was 10 my stepdad built a custom honda chopper in our garage. i got to turn a couple of bolts on that project and hand lots of tools over.

schtuff

I'll have to snap off a couple shots next time I go to storage

oh, and I forgot to mention sex as a hobby, thanks for the reminder schtuff

Hmmm...I don't consider sex as a hobby, more like eating and breathing...necessary.

Art - Looking at it, learning about it, creating it, I love learning new ways to express myself. Mostly I love sculpture, but I draw constantly. At the moment, I am enjoying creating woodblock prints.

Singing - mostly to myself and/or my kids. I just love it. I sing a lot.

Dance - I am currently obsessed with my kid's kinect game, Dance Central...it's just too fun! If I had transportation and cash, I'd be back in Hula. I'd love to learn Belly Dancing or some Latin style dance if I could.

Reading! I devour books! I mostly read sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal books. I enjoy classics, but recently prefer things less like the "real world". Frankly, I've been enjoying more junk food for the brain and reading more paranormal romance...and manga.

I love watching anime! I like other movies, but I mostly watch anime.

I also enjoy making jewelry and other crafty type things. =^.^= I used to collect things: Tigger, Tigers and Hello Kitty...but now I'd rather have the space lol.

By the way, the pedant in me insists it's spelt HOBBIES.

Hmmm...I don't consider sex as a hobby, more like eating and breathing...necessary.

I want a gourmet sex meal, not a quickie. A 5 star restaurant, not a drive thru at McDonalds. That takes generous amounts of time and preparation, a certain amount of toys (leather, glass, electric and silicone), and oils and lube and rope, maybe some candles, clean sheets, feathers and fur and ice, music or a certain type of movie or book, some lingerie, perhaps a few intoxicants....

This makes it all kinda hobby-like, as opposed to wham bam thank you ma'am.

I want a gourmet sex meal, not a quickie. A 5 star restaurant, not a drive thru at McDonalds...

This makes it all kinda hobby-like, as opposed to wham bam thank you ma'am.

*shrugs* Too each his own. Some people enjoy savoring gourmet food, some junk food, it doesn't make eating any less necessary. The approach and attitude could make it hobby I guess. I guess I don't think of it for myself that way. :) Personally, I enjoy variety...and yes, I enjoy a hard and heavy quickie just as much as I enjoy a well thought out sensual, sexual experience...

Back