Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 11:27 PM
Official Greeter

Default 4:27 p.m., Friday the 22nd

So yesterday, Snowbunny said (approx.), "You seem a little bit off today. Is it something I said?" to which I said (approx.), "I'm upset because I messed up on giving cheese to the cats yesterday," to which she said (approx.), "Sorry -- I can't handle crinkly bags," to which I said (approx.), "Well it's also that I got out dishes for them." She didn't have anything to say about that. But after that I guess I started to feel a little better, perhaps just for having given voice to the problem. And because giving it that voice didn't turn it into something worse.

For dinner last night, we had catfish and two veggies. A bit later, Brother-Husband and I watched the 2015 TV film, "An Inspector Calls."

For dinner tonight, we'll have the ribs that are in the crock pot. At this moment, BH and SB are out getting some stuff at Lowe's. This concludes my riport.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:13 AM

I need to use my crockpot more. There's something so comforting about walking in the door after work and basically dinner is already done.

- Moonlight, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 15-year-old son Kiddo
Old 05-23-2020, 07:10 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:10 p.m., Saturday the 23rd

Yes, and nothing tenderizes meat like a crock pot ... and nothing flavorizes meat like a crock pot. Last night's dinner was a good example of that.

After dinner, BH and I watched Better Call Saul S4E1. SB bootlegged it for us. Today, FNG will come over, and we will have an outdoor cookout. Maintaining a six-foot distance, I would assume.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:16 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:16 p.m., Sunday the 24th

So actually we walked over to FNG's house, and had our cookout there. It's just across the street. Another friend of FNG was there; said friend shared Fireball shots with me. Yummy! We had an enjoyable time, but I have to admit, I had too much to drink. After the get-together, after we went back home, I barfed. A couple of times. And today I feel kind of bleah, emotionally. We didn't watch anything last night, I don't know whether we will tonight. This completes my riport, I suppose.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:34 p.m., Monday the 25th

The cleaning lady was scheduled to come over today, but then I guess she left her keys in her husband's car and now she can't get a hold of him. So I guess she will come over tomorrow.

For dinner last night we had takeout from a local Mexican place, Puerto Vallarta. After dinner, BH and I watched S4E2 of Better Call Saul. This concludes my riport.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Official Greeter

Default 11:59 a.m., Tuesday the 26th

The cleaning lady (actually there are two cleaning ladies today -- and they both have the same first name) is over here right now. Last night we had corn and veggie dogs for dinner. After dinner, BH decided to watch S4E3, even though it was a work night. After that, I went to bed and had some nightmares. This concludes my riport.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:44 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:44 p.m., Wednesday the 27th

Last night dinner was veggie burgers, tater tots, and cucumber salad. We didn't watch anything, but SB and I took Eddie out for a walk. I don't really have anything to tell you about today, it has been uneventful. Other than the forum being busier than usual!
Old 05-29-2020, 12:47 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:47 p.m., Thursday the 28th

Dinner last night was microwaved burritos (with toppings). It was kind of late when we ate (like approaching 8:00 p.m.), so we did not watch anything. Today, there's something in the crock pot, I'm thinking it's a roast. Don't know when we'll eat it. We probably won't watch anything. Outdoor temps today have been crazy high, it's 84 right now, tomorrow's supposed to get up to 81. Then the bottom will drop out, and we'll have two days of 65 and rain.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:39 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:39 p.m., Friday the 29th

Rainee threw up a whole bunch of times this morning, like ten times (two vomits per time). SB is taking her to the vet right now. They will try some things, and give her a shot for nausea. They need to figure out if her stomach can stand the medicine she's been taking. SB has even raised that dreaded word, euthanasia. It would be a heavy blow for me if we had to go that route. Rainee is by far my favorite pet. Obviously it would suck for Rainee too, if she had a choice I think she would want to live. But what can we do, if she continues to vomit and waste away? We don't dare feed her any food today, and she doesn't even seem to want to eat, which for her is just, unheard-of. I don't suppose I could get lucky and this could just be some sort of a bug.

Dinner was late again yesterday, and we did not watch anything.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:08 AM

Kevin, I am so sorry. We have cats and dogx, but I'm more of a cat person. We have one cat who hasn't been doing well for some time; fine some days, others not so much. That's the sad thing about pets, we usually outlive them and have to say goodbye.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics