What you listening to Now :

The Moon And The Nightspirit. Brilliant band. European Folk music, influenced a lot by Celtic Folk of course.

My cat stretched out on my lap, purring. :)

I listened to one of those video playlists that youtube puts out now... I love that, it brings me to all kinds of combinations I wouldn't think of. I started with Florence and the Machine and ended up with PJ Harvey! haven't heard her in years... she sounds so much like FATM!

Toad and the Wet Sproket: Whatever I fear and The Nightengale Song.

The Bangles: Following

Blue October: Come in Closer

meh... mental/emotional cleanup from what I just dumped out in print? I think maybe...

My three year old repeatedly ask when her older sister will be back while jumping on her "workout trampoline"...

GG beating on stuff in the bedroom we're remodeling...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Indigo Girls!!!
My favourite group! They wrote/performed my favourite 2 songs of all time - "Kid Fears" and "Love's Recovery" and haven't produced a single song (including cover versions of others' material) that I haven't liked.

I saw them at the last ever (before it declared itself bankrupt) "City Stages" festival in Birmingham, Alabama. There was a half-hour set-up time between each act, so nobody was allowed to do an encore... unless they were the last act on that stage (there were 6 stages spread out) for the night. (The Dooby Brothers cheated by "finishing" their set long before their allotted hour or 90 minutes were up... then came back to "encore" up until the end of that original allotment.)

Luckily, Indigo Girls were the last act on their stage and we just wouldn't let them leave without a 1/4 hour encore after their 90-minute set. As part of the encore, they did one request from the audience: "Ghost". I was singing along quietly - as I had been doing through most of the songs I knew (they were also introducing a new album) - but during "Ghost", I couldn't be sure if maybe others in the audience were singing as well. (I was right up at the edge of the stage, in front of one side of speakers and didn't want to stop singing myself to make sure - I love that song!*) When the song ended, Amy and Emily said: "Thanks, y'all, you sang that beautifully!"

*Dark and dangerous like a secret that gets whispered in a hush . . . . . . (don't tell a soul)
When I wake the things I dreamt about you last night make me blush . . . . . . (don't tell a soul)
When you kiss me like a lover and you sting me like a viper
I go follow to the river, play your memory like the piper

And I feel it like a sickness how this love is killing me
But I'd walk into the fingers of your fire willingly
Dance the edge of sanity I've never been this close
In love with your ghost

Just got all my music back after my hard drive had buggered up. So much music! ='D There is a happy Geezer once again. Got some esOterica on at the moment.

Finally got listening to Turisas' new album Stand Up And Fight. These guys were amazing live and this album just makes me want to see them again. =]

Indigo Girls are my all-time favorite. Saw them in Ann Arbor twice.

I can't think of a song I don't like! Favorites include "Prince of Darkness" "Secure Yourself" "Watershed" "Free in You".... oh geez I could go on all day. They empower me, inspire me, humble me with their talent and their depth.....

My daughter has their lyrics tattood down her side! "The less I seek my source for some definitive, the closer I am to fine" (I'm not into tattoos, but I have to admit that made me one proud mama!)

I was happy when "Power of Two" got some mainstream play -- but then again, happier to keep them in a more obscure place, where I can love them and connect with other fans lucky enough to have discovered them as I have :cool:

Back