ladystuff

C

Ceoli

Ladystuff question

I'm curious- does anybody have any good suggestions for dealing with recurring yeast infections? I've never had any yeast infections until earlier this year when I got extremely sick and was on massive doses of antibiotics. Ever since then they keep popping up. I've seen the gyn about it and was given prescription creams and pills and whatnot, but they still pop up and it's it's getting freaking annoying!

I am making sure to keep live culture yogurt in my diet and try to limit my sugar intake.

I do not know if this helps with yeast infections, but one great thing that helps with blatter issues and cleaning the inside parts related to this is cranbarries. If you can't/don't want to dink it they make great pills for this too. I have fond high doses of Cranbarry pills at walgreens that has high doses of vitmin C and E so this is a great way to boost your emmune system while cleaning out the urinary track. I have had multiple urinary, bladder, and kidney infections in my life and I know the cranberry works!!! ;)

Oh yes...I actually drink lots of cranberry juice for that reason. Plus I just really like cranberry juice :)

Oh yes...I actually drink lots of cranberry juice for that reason. Plus I just really like cranberry juice :)

The unsweetened cranberry juice? I pour about an inch of that stuff into a glass and have it with Polar seltzer water. otherwise it's worse than biting into a lemon.

I'll give that pill a try, thanks.

And yeah, I actually like unsweetened cranberry juice. When get the chance I also enjoy raw cranberries.

Yogurt. Yeast infections are usually caused by a Ph imbalance (antibiotics mess with this badly) and the trick is getting this balance back. You can also get probiotics over the counter these days.

Yes, do lots and lots of yogurt. For some reason, the Ph balance has been exceptionally hard to recapture.

Perhaps a bit unconventional, but I've found that giving up sugar will stop recurrent yeast infections... this was just me though. Oh, and eating tons of plain yogurt. Best of luck :eek: ... I'm the survivor of many years of chronic yeast problems, I totally understand!!

Oh yeah...I've drastically cut my sugar intake in general. I know that people with diabetes can also be prone to yeast infections for that sugar reason, though I haven't given up sugar entirely. Perhaps I should give that a go. But there are some treats that just luuuurve that have sugar in them. Boo.

Maybe it's Chlamydia. When I was in my early twenties I got it from a boyfriend that was cheating on me with every girl that thought he was cute, he gave it to me because of this... it was easy to clear up as I remember. I went to the doctor and she gave me something.

That, but if it is a yeast infection, garlic stuck up the ol' ho hum.... it makes you smell like a caeser salad, but works it seems...!

It's definitely not chlamydia. I get tested every 6 months and was tested during this last flare up.

You probably need something to cleanse your system a little. Chlorophyll cleans the blood. Lower the sugar a little (I believe they say chromium helps with that), more fruits veggies lean meats if you eat them and less bread-y things and go with the pro and pre biotics.

I like Now Foods EVE multi-vitamin for the extras we don't usually get.

I love cranberry juice too.

~Raven~

I don't know what happened to my previous response to this thread. There's been so much going on around here recently, maybe I never actually posted what I wrote. :eek: Who knows . . .

I went through a period of time several years ago when I struggled with recurring yeast infections. I finally got things back in balance when I learned more about the enemy (the yeast) and targeted my plan accordingly.

There's a LOT more to be said, but in a nutshell: yeast is a tiny plant (not a bacteria or other tiny animal). It grows best in dark, moist places with plenty of available nutrients. The human vagina is prime garden spot for yeasts, as is the digestive tract and several other prime locations on our persons. Most people have some yeasts present on and in our bodies; the problem comes when there are too many of them and the overgrowth creates problems.

To get rid of it, make your body less hospitible to it. A multi-step approach often works best. Plain water douches flush out the overgrown weeds and reduce available nutrients. Next, give those areas plenty of light and air, because yeasts hate that. (Easier said than done in some climates, I know, especially this time of year. But worth the effort.) Then, minimizing available moisture slows regrowth too. Think tampons, unless there's a reason not to. Finally, repopulate the area with benign creatures like lactobacillus acidophilus, to crowd out the yeasts so they can't create problems. You can break open the capsules and stir the powder into a douche, better yet make a paste and apply to the effected area. Taking additional capsules orally can't hurt either.

So, to summarize. Plain water douche. Light and air. Dry. Repopulate. Repeat as needed until condition clears, ending with repopulation. Works like a charm.

Here's to your health!

Last edited:
Perhaps a bit unconventional, but I've found that giving up sugar will stop recurrent yeast infections... this was just me though. Oh, and eating tons of plain yogurt. Best of luck :eek: ... I'm the survivor of many years of chronic yeast problems, I totally understand!!

can't agree more. i used to get yeast infections until i changed my diet. the change was in reaction to a diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome but a wonderful side effect is i haven't had a yeast infection in over a year. i cut out sugar first, since then i have cut out other stuff like dairy but the yeast infections left me when i stopped taking the sugar. might be worth a try then, bearing in mind everybody is unique of course.
drinking plenty of water is important as a prevention too.
once the infection is already there, i have found garlic to be a powerful remedy. not so much eating it as actually sticking a clove up inside your vagina
and leaving it there as long as you can. i know it may sound odd to some but i was advised to try it by a qualified and experienced healer and it worked well for me :D

x

Last edited:
Oh! I forgot to tell you how to avoid this sort of infection in the future!

When you're taking antibiotics, keep in mind that this type of medication kills back many, many of the tiny critters in your internal eco-system, not just the nasty ones that are making you sick. And that kind of general die-back leaves the door open for whatever survives to take advantage of the situation. So take steps to repopulate your insides with beneficial or at least benign flora, such as taking doses of acidolphilus between my doses of medication, eating lots of yogurt, etc.

Since I've started doing this, I have not had one single yeast infection. (Knock on wood.)

Yeah, it's funny, but I always do try to take the probiotics (though not specifically the kind for yeast) and always make a point to eat live culture yogurt whenever being on antibiotics and it's always worked for me in the past. When I got very ill earlier this year (oh my, last year) I was on a hugely massive dose of antibiotics for a fairly extended period of time. The doctor even went so far to prescribe an anti-fungal along with the antibiotics because she knew the yeast infection would probably develop. But man, it just seems that the internal balance between the good and the bad has been out of whack since then. Then again a few other things have been out of whack too.

I've started taking AZO and that seems to be helping too.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Yes

Ceoli,

Suggest you get yourself on a course of QUALITY probiotics. Do a little research to familiarize yourself but I can say GNC has some acceptable quality ones. They will make a huge difference in your whole system. With so many antibiotics in everything these days the natural balance gets destroyed.
Good luck

and don't forget that sugar comes in many forms, as i have learnt to my cost with irritable bowel syndrome. there is fructose in fruit, and lactose in dairy products, for example, both of which are forms of sugar upon which yeast infections thrive...
x

Back