Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-12-2014, 10:21 AM

Default Hello everyone

Hi,

my name is Nikola and I'm from Poland, but I'm moving to Finland in a few days. I'm in open relationship, but I'm not sure if this a proper name for that considering that I'm changing a country right now. I've been introduced to the concept of polyamory by my friend and it seems that this could be something for me. I'd like to give a try, explore polyamory and maybe find hapiness.

A few words about me: gamer, miniature painter and student at the University of Tampere. Fun fact: when I was introduced to the polyamory my first thought was: "Hey! It's more people for board games!" I love cycling, hiking and reading
Old 08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Nikola,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Poland and Finland are both favorite countries of mine.

Sounds like your open relationship will become an LDR (but that doesn't mean it can't still be an open relationship). Will you be staying in Finland just long enough to complete college, or permanently do you think?

Re:
Quote:
"Hey! It's more people for board games!"
Hadn't thought of that, but I guess that is one of the advantages of poly.

Hope you'll enjoy your time on our site. Lots to read and learn and do here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 PM

After all, Finland isn't so far away and maybe I here I can find some people living there

I would like to stay in Finland after finishing Master's thesis (and start doctoral one), but different things may happen in life, so maybe I will come back. The Great Plan is to live there as long as I can.

Wow, you like Poland, it's rare. And thank you for useful links, I'm reading carefully everything
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Official Greeter

Good for you.

Yeah, I admire what the Polish people have accomplished and endured and plus, both of my poly companions are mostly Polish by lineage. I myself have some Eastern European roots -- largely Prussian if I remember right.

We do have at least a few Finnish members here but I don't want to "out" them. Suggestion: Go to the European Dating & Friendships board and post an ad inviting Finnish peoples to respond. No guarantees you'll get any bites there but who knows?

We've got people from all over Europe, as well as America of course. Seems like we have a really decent number of members from the British Isles.

What are you majoring in? (I'm just curious)
Old 08-12-2014, 10:28 PM

Thanks, I will check this thread

Well, I will be majoring in Internet and Games Studies (no programming and similar, but academic approach to the games).
Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Official Greeter

Wow, what a cool course! If I could get a PhD in gamesmithy (with a minor in old-school game programming) I'd go for it.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:22 AM

You can if you go to Finland And since Internet and Games Studies belong to School of Information Sciences, I will try to learn programming (even if it is not included in my master's programme).
Old 08-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Official Greeter

Sounds like a plan, I will pack my bags and invest in a Rosetta Stone Finnish program.

You will end up with cool degree, I can tell that much.