Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Default Hi Friends (:

Good evening everyone,

I am a 22 year old female from the Pacific Northwest. I work with children with disabilities and I love being able to easily notice and enjoy diversity in life.

I've always had the capacity to love more than one human at a time. I knew this from a pretty young age. I remember having two male friends throughout school (who were best friends themselves) whom I still love and confide in often. We were inseparable and remain the deepest of friends to this day. It made sense in my head from day one that love is an endless resource and shouldn't be kept from those who receive and reciprocate it...even regardless of gender.

I have never had a poly relationship, but I believe myself to be capable of it. I guess I would call myself poly-curious. I supposed I am here because my monogamous relationships tend to become a little hectic. Not because I lose interest in my partner, but because I begin to notice that I have love for another person as well. Honest conversations have not worked in my favor and the relationship will eventually end. It's a cycle that I am looking forward to breaking. I've recently been able to be single (after a 4 year monogamous relationship) and accept myself as having the ability to just love....including myself. Now that I am feeling a bit more comfortable being single, I want to move forward and investigate the possibilities of what I feel I am becoming. Exciting and terrifying times, yes?!

So far I have only mentioned my polycuriousity to two of my very close male friends. Two that I love very much and who are not poly themselves, which is very encouraging. They are incredibly supportive, whereas I am not sure my family would be if they knew. Now I would like to reach out to the world and learn what others have already figured out in order to understand my own perspective better. I am so open to this experience and growth...I can't wait to speak with some of you!

~Terra
Old 08-08-2014, 01:46 PM

Hello! I'm in the Midwest, but as far as I know, there are some fairly active poly communities out on the West Coast. If you are curious, finding the local community will help to give you ideas and think through your feelings and desires. It will also put you around people who are more likely to mesh well with you in that aspect and not shut down at the mention of nonmonogamy. :-)
Old 08-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Terra,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

MusicalRose is right, Western Washington (Seattle in particular) has a lot of local poly groups and activities, so something to think about if you desire to rub shoulders with fellow polyamorists in meatspace. In the meantime, Polyamory.com is a great resource for finding a lot of information about poly and a good base of support. Have a look at our various threads and boards and let us know of whatever questions or concerns you may have.

I am glad you are experiencing the concept of poly as a positive influence in your life right now, and hope it will bring you much joy and fulfillment throughout the years.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Tags
pnw polycurious