Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-09-2014, 02:50 PM

Red face Hello, My Name Is...

A little bit about me...I'm a 40 year old wife and mother of two. My husband and I have been married for 17 years.

Our priorities are 1.) Ourselves. Health and fitness are important, both physically and mentally. 2.) Our marriage. We bring the best of ourselves to the table and when we need a little help, we're there for each other. We keep each other laughing every day. 3.) Our Family. We were both fortunate to grow up in loving homes and want the same for our children so they can grow into their own unique beings, with a sense of security and confidence. It is a fascinating process to witness. 4.) Enjoying life and planning for our future. We love the life we've built together, we're proud of each other and our marriage and family and want to continue the momentum for many, many years.

Health and fitness take up a lot of our thoughts and free time. We enjoy cooking, looking and trying new recipes. Learning about exercises, nutrition and what will help us feel good and look good.

When time allows, we enjoy indulging in sophisticated activities. Fine dining, cocktails and seeing the world. We hope to travel more now that our children can either join us on a family adventure or we can arrange for a short get away to see, hear, taste and delight in places we've not yet been.

While, I understand this is an introduction of me. My husband and family are a big part of me.

About me, personally. I'm fun, witty, sensitive, loving. I'm a giver, definitely, but I don't forget to give to myself, too. The easiest gift I give to most people is a warm smile, if I get the opportunity to speak to someone, I usually make them laugh.

Our experience in polyamory is limited in terms of quantity, but I would say our experience has been quite extensive in terms of quality, or depth. We dated another couple exclusively for over 2 years. We consider each them to be one of the loves of our lives. We are still friends. Yet, we aren't dating. Their relationship preference has become more polyamorous while we remain poly fidelity. They want to date more than one outside of their marriage, we prefer to date only one outside of our marriage.

We tried a brief stint on a swingers website, yet as detailed as we tried to be, we soon realized we were shopping in the wrong department.

Currently we are taking a step back and simply looking to learn more about what is out there and what other people's experiences and preferences are.

To most, we appear as a traditional, conservative family. We just happen to enjoy sharing our relationship with another couple.

Which brought us here.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Suzanne,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I can give you tips and links for finding new people for poly romance in your lives; let me know if you're interested; for now it sounds like the first item on your agenda is just learning more about polyamory in general. Polyamory.com is a good home base for that kind of research. Have a look at our various threads and boards, and let us know of any thoughts, questions, or concerns that arise for you along the way.

I always follow the intro board so any time you want to ping me you can do so on this thread. It sounds like you have a good foundation, know what you want, and have had a positive experience in polyamory so far. I, too, am in a polyfidelitous situation; an MFM V.

Anyway great to have you with us, and I hope you'll enjoy your time spent on our site.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-09-2014, 05:36 PM

I appreciate the welcome and the tips. I look forward to looking into this site further and will definitely message you with any questions I have.

Sincerely,
Suzanne
Old 08-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Official Greeter

Cool.