Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:13 p.m., Wednesday the 3rd

The last couple of days BH has worked a later shift (8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., I believe), so he has been getting home later and we have not watched anything on TV. I think he's ordered the 5th season of GoT, not sure when it will get here. The first four seasons were loaned to us by FNG, he only had up to Season Four, so it's on us to take it from there.

The cats seem to have possibly been getting a little chubby lately. We have new feeders for them and the feeders seem to be putting out a lot of food, even at the lowest setting. So SB reprogrammed them to only do two (not three) feedings a day. Sadly, this will be hard on the cats at first as they have come to expect feedings at certain times of the day. Today was the first day on the new schedule, I felt bad for them at (what was) the 10:30 a.m. feeding time, so, I handfed them just a little bit of kibble. Don't tell SB I did that. I just did it for today, I don't intend to do it again, as it kind of defeats the purpose if they start expecting a handfeeding. The feeders went off today at 1:55 p.m., and that was a pleasant surprise for them. Their second feeding will be at 1:55 a.m., rather than 2:00 a.m. because we don't want them to miss a feeding when daylight saving time starts in the Spring. They get a bonus feeding when the clocks "fall back" in the Fall, but that's okay.

I'm trying to eat a little bit less myself. Very hard to do. So hungry right now. In my mind, I know it is "head hunger" not "tummy hunger," but my tummy thinks it's the real thing. Must hang in there. So far today I have had one smoothie, one cupcake, and one appetite control drink. And water. No diet pop, we don't have any pop in the house right now. Now if I can just hang in there til dinner. Last time I checked, I needed to lose a good 40 pounds. I seldom check because it's too depressing, I just let the doctor's office weigh me (once or twice each year).

It's 55 outside right now, and the windows are closed. Actually the heaters have been on, the main one in the living room is set to 70.

This concludes my riport.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:10 p.m., Thursday the 4th

I successfully waited until dinner, dinner itself was a salad (containing chicken and beets). After dinner I had a cupcake and a glass of fruit juice. And that was it for yesterday. So far today I have only had a bottle of kombucha (and water), but now that the cats have eaten, I will have a little something more "for lunch."

We did not watch anything yesterday. Not sure about tonight. BH is off tomorrow (I believe). He is hoping GoT Season Five will get here by this weekend.

Not much to tell you today. Dinner tonight will be Subway, I am hoping to get a tuna wrap. SB is taking a class at the gym, I believe it is on Mondays and Thursdays. So, today she'll get home maybe an hour later than usual, that is why she is picking something up for dinner, to avoid cooking and cleanup.

This concludes today's riport.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Official Greeter

Default 11:22 a.m., Friday the 5th

I feel I still need to eat less, I'm not inclined to count calories or anything but I do want to try to moderate myself. Mind you this does not mean I am done with cupcakes.

Yesterday I got the tuna wrap I wanted for dinner. BH is off work today; at the moment he is out running errands or some such.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Official Greeter

Default 4:00 p.m., Monday the 8th

After posting that last entry, I managed to eat nothing that day until dinnertime. I don't remember what dinner was. After dinner I had a cupcake, some eggnog, and some fruit juice. But that was all.

Since then I have been trying to do better about eating. Today I had a piece of baklava (and two cups of coffee), but so far that's all I've eaten. Dinner should be just two or three hours away, so I am hopeful I can hold off for that long.

SB is off today and tomorrow, which is unusual. In addition to yesterday and the day before. BH is working all four of those days. Yesterday, SB took me on a small road trip to Tacoma, where there was a Greek festival, and that's where we got the baklava. After we got home, we watched a movie on TV, the new Wonder Woman movie.

On Saturday, things got a little weird. FNG invited SB to go driving some places with him, but I was not invited. I was kind of bummed, and SB and I both wondered if FNG had some ulterior motives. Nothing special happened though, mostly it was just FNG going to several stores looking for a pair of shorts. He didn't say anything momentous. [shrug]

GoT Seasons Five and Six have arrived. We haven't watched any of them yet, but I'm sure we will, soon. It is also hockey season now, so sometimes BH will be watching a hockey game.

That's all I have to tell you for today.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:57 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:57 p.m., Tuesday the 9th

I am not doing as well on not eating today. I mean so-so, not horrible but. I'm still hopeful I can do better tomorrow. I did pretty good yesterday. SB is off today, then works the next three days. BH on the other hand has the next three days off. Then SB has the weekend off, while BH works over the weekend. So, their schedules are just missing each other. BH's schedule is really weird now, it is different every week. Quite a bit different.

We still haven't started watching Season Five yet. Who knows maybe we will tonight, since BH is off tomorrow. I guess there's a chance he might get home early today, so maybe he won't be too tired from work. SB is vacuuming right now, she was going to run the Neato (the robot vacuum, like a Roomba), but it turns out the Neato was not in contact with its charging station, so it was all out of juice. I assume SB pushed it into the right position, but it would take quite awhile to recharge and SB didn't want to wait. So she is using the hand vac. I feel bad, but.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:34 p.m., Wednesday the 10th

I am trying like hell to eat nothing today until dinnertime. Goddamn is it hard! I've been drinking quite a bit of water, hoping to keep my stomach occupied. Come on body (and brain), get used to it.

So we watched S5E1 last night. It was a little later than our usual time, around 8:00 p.m. ... BH had gone to the gym before that (and before taking his shower, obviously).
Old 10-10-2018, 09:51 PM

Could you not allow yourself something like celery which would keep your stomach busy but not be fattening? Starving all day just makes dieting harder.

Leetah
Old 10-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Official Greeter

Default 9:53 a.m., Thursday the 11th

So I successfully waited until dinnertime. It gets easier once I get past a certain threshold. It's obvious (via the mirror) I'm not really starving, it's a matter of convincing my brain to stop sending "starving signals" to the rest of my body. Some days I will succeed, others I will not and on those days I'll just try to eat as little as possible. Yesterday I ate dinner itself but that was all. And I felt fine at that point.

BH made coffee today, so I am having a few cups of that. After that we'll see what I can do. I've tried the celery route before, it doesn't work for me. Sorry.

Shortly after dinner we watched S5E2. Then I went to bed. This concludes my riport.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:59 p.m., Friday the 12th

Yesterday I successfully held off until dinnertime ... that's two days in a row, unless you count the three cups of coffee I had (in the morning). And it was even easier ... not easy per se, but easier. As for today, so far I have managed to consume nothing at all, other than (lots of) water. I think I will make it until dinner. I'm hungry, but not too hungry. Again, easier. Easier than it was that first day. Head hunger, not tummy hunger. My brain is finally getting into this, a little bit.

Dinner yesterday was a tuna wrap, from Subway. After dinner I had a banana and some pineapple ... and that was all. I'll probably have a few things after dinner today too, a banana and some yogurt perhaps. Tomorrow will be different as SB and I are in the habit of going out for lunch together on Saturdays. Also I'm not sure about Sunday as SB might make something here for lunch. Maybe my "fasting routine" will only happen on the weekdays. That is when Snowbunny works. I'm a little bit pumped that I have managed to do this so far. There is a chance that I will lose some weight by the time of my next doctor visit.

Brother-Husband and I watched S5E3 yesterday ... and that concludes my riport. Hasta la vista.
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:54 p.m., Sunday the 14th

Yesterday Snowbunny and I drove around looking for a place to eat lunch. Somewhere we hadn't been to. It took quite a while to find something. Kind of a fast food Mexican place, it was okay but nothing to write home about. Now rumor has it we will go out for lunch today too. Something cheap and close, Subway or Taco Bell or Burger King, something like that. Brother-Husband is working today, then he will be off tomorrow and Tuesday. His new schedule is weird, it's quite a bit different every week.

It's 59 out right now. It's supposed to get up to 65 today. I don't see any clouds.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics