My favorite strange thing to do

When I am stressed or going to listen to a new song. I love to go to the little mini car wash and go through and turn up the music really loud. The machines are scrubbing it smells nice. Sometimes I go twice, if it's a bad day. Today, my kid was bummed and gucess where we went....... To the car wash and my kidlet felt so much better and was laughing and joking. Kidlet chose the music today.

I think I started the car wash thing right before Kidlet was born, so it's 11 years of car wash training.

Strange but the music sounds better in there....LOL

What is your strange thing to do?

Sit in a quiet room, maybe a fan running for air circulation & sound (maybe not) and just be.

No boyfriends around, no kids, no exes, just me & my thoughts.

I find it very relaxing to switch on my amp, hold the guitar in one hand, sit cross legged on the floor and fiddle with the effects and move the guitar about while letting the droning feedback wash over me. I need more effects so I can create even more interesting noises!

I play my acoustic really really hard ... that's it ... or I work on weapons forms (i am a martial arts teacher)

My favorite thing to do that OTHER people think is strange is that when I find a movie or a documentary I like, I play it over and over. I don't necessarily sit there and watch it from beginning to end over and over, but I have it playing on the DVD player while I'm on the internet or doing other things. People have asked, "But why? You already know how the movie ends. What's the point?" And to that I say, "It's perfectly usual for people to listen to the same music or song over and over. But WHY? They already know how the song ends."

I have to agree. I walk in my house ignoring the anklebiters yapping for my attention. I have 5 of them. To the back slider let them outside. I then go in and take off my clothes and put on a short T dress or long oversized T. I can't stand clothes touching me.

I need to stay decent for my kidlet and her friends. However, I can do it in comfort.

In context this is strange because I have Fibromyalgia.

But I take one of Karmas Daron weapons ( essential a golf club wrapped in foam) and we go outside and beat the crap out of eachother.

It hurts me, alot, and he has to take it slow with me, but it's a great release. The pain shocks me back into reality and out of whatever mood I'm in and getting to hit him legaly takes the stress away :D

It's not something I can do often, so it's reserved for really bad days.

The other thing I do is put on an infomercial in the backround and play majhong. Mindless noise and brain engaging activity gives the rest of brain a chance to recoup.

Actually the highlighting thing not that weird - my other half does that as well. My weird thing is that I can only get creativity going with a pen and paper, somehow the computer just doesn't work well!

i like to throw things away, but then my little one, will go and rescue some of her stuff b4 goes to salvation army.

i like going to the supermarket, I'll pretend its for something i need but the abundence and variety makes me feel lucky and safe :eek:

My weird thing is that I can only get creativity going with a pen and paper, somehow the computer just doesn't work well!

I absolutely 'get' this, I think that using pen and paper perhaps feels like a more organic, honest extension of oneself. I was privileged to be accepted into a post-graduate writing course many years ago. Given the facts that all writings had to be submitted in type-print format and that deadlines were tight, I had to force myself to use the direct keyboard method. Many of my submissions got negative criticism and demands to rewrite and improve. I then started copying and re-working my keyboarded writings in physical pen-and-paper, and my works' flaws in rhythm, language and perspective became immediately apparent to me. No redrafts were ever requested after that.

I know I have very many quirks. I am often reminded of this, but more often I instantly forget.
The one quirk I remember right now (only because it was mentioned today) is my hand-'thingy'. I constantly use lotions and balms on my hands. I have an extensive variety of hand creams lining my desk and my bedside table. It seems that whenever I feel a bit pressured I moisturise my hands, but within minutes I feel frustrated by the 'coating' on my hands and wash it off, only to re-apply some lotion-potion to my hands because even the gentlest hand soap makes my hands feel dry and taut.

Actually the highlighting thing not that weird - my other half does that as well. My weird thing is that I can only get creativity going with a pen and paper, somehow the computer just doesn't work well!

That's not odd, I can't be creative on a computer either. I feel that my music is a lot better recorded directly, than faffing about writing it all out. I lose the feel for it in all that time it takes.

I'm not sure what weird stuff I like to do. I'm a pretty weird guy to most people I know, but it would be normal to people who do the same or similar.

When I am feeling REALLY stressed out and/or depressed I wait until bedtime then go into my room, close the door and put on a CD of Kyle Councillor traditional flute music. (native North American wooden flute) I turn the volume just so it can be comfortably heard then drift off to sleep. I think it was a year before I ever heard the end of the CD.
IThink.​

When I am feeling REALLY stressed out and/or depressed I wait until bedtime then go into my room, close the door and put on a CD of Kyle Councillor traditional flute music. (native North American wooden flute) I turn the volume just so it can be comfortably heard then drift off to sleep. I think it was a year before I ever heard the end of the CD.
IThink.​

Not when I'm feeling down or anything, but I do the same thing when I sleep. Put some music on. I can sleep through even the heaviest of Metal, but I do love some soft piano music or some Ambient, Drone, Doom or other such style. Something slow and soothing. I often fall to sleep around the beginning of an album too. I do often listen to them through a normal day too though. I enjoy to have my headphones on and escape the world around me. =]

When I get stressed out there are only two things I want to do; clean, or play guitar. Wen I get stressed I get a lot of nervous energy which in turn feeds the feeling of stress. Cleaning the house burns off that energy and leaves me with a feeling of accomplishment. Win - win! :p Playing guitar doesn't burn off energy, but it calms me and helps me find my center again. I will usually play slow music with lots or minor chords, or open tune and just play with the different sounds. I guess these are not exactly weird, but it is just what I do :)

I spend time in the cemetary. Not because I know someone there but because walking into and through a cemetary is like stepping through a vail. The energy within the confines of a cemetary is noticeably different. I treat cemetaries like parks. I sit out on the grass and eat a sandwich, write, sing, and watch the world around me.

Back