Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 02:44 PM

I was wrong! She was referring to a relationship she was interested in starting. Her lady interest isn't willing to carve time out for B even moderately so, and B has decided that she wants what she wants, and being so far down on someone's priorities isn't where she wants to land.
Bea: Bond's former girlfriend
M: Bond's former girlfriend
Golden: male, ex-boyfriend, ex-housemate
Twitch: straight cisgender male, ex-husband, father to Shasti's son
Shasti: Twitch's straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 03-29-2018, 06:40 PM

Crossed communication: Monday night, Bond said to B, "We're going out on Tuesday, but what are you doing Wednesday?" He was trying to add another date night. Somehow that got twisted up in B's mind and she thought we moved date night to Wednesday. When I heard him ask I had a nagging thought that it was going to lead to exactly that. Tuesday was a very busy day for both Bond and me, so neither one of us said anything about the evening and B never brought it up either. Usually on date night we talk about where we should go for dinner, but this time we were silent. B had sent a picture of coupons for a hamburger joint, and I had thumbs upped it, but we never discussed it.

When I sent her a text saying we were on our way she asked where to. She was already out with a friend at the polycocktail/sex geekdom meetup, but invited us there. Bond was kind of upset that she assumed and made other plans. I think that's kind of crazy to be upset about it. He calmed down during the ride. We had fun. The friend she was with was wearing an adorable dress with a lot of cleavage and I complimented her on how cute it was and how summery she looked, and on her lovely cleavage. This lady, let's call her JC, is a social worker and she owns her own business and has employees and the whole ball of wax. I think she's really nice. She and B have done crafts/art together and they are planning something at an art place that JC knows about where you can rent time, and they are going to include me. They invited us to follow them to a cool hipster bar we like, but wasn't all that close to where the meetup was. We declined and headed home in favor of an early night.

So, last night we had date night. B arrived at our house and as we made cocktails she told me how obtuse she can be and what an idiot. So, at the end of her night with JC, when B was dropping JC off, JC asked her if she'd like to come and for some cuddles. B's reaction, was puzzlement and she said, "No, it's late. I just want to go home to bed."

She made amends the next morning and I think all is good. I can't remember exactly what she told me she said, but I thought it was good.

I'm excited for her. She says that she'd be interested in exploring a relationship with JC. She hadn't known she was bi, so it never entered her mind. But she said it should have, because JC had laid her hand on her leg and other touches during the night. It would be so nice for B to have someone stable and loving in her life. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-02-2018, 02:47 PM

Easter was nice. Too much work, but still nice. Bond's wife dropped the kids off around 12:30 and B arrive with her kids about an hour later. I made chicken wings, and ham. Crazy combo, but we had them and Bond wanted both. Well, he wanted ham, and I was making wings for the kids' sake, so we made both. B brough veggies and cookies and ice cream for ice cream sandwiches for the kids.

It was nice to have the kids even if for just the day. We filled plastic eggs with candy before they got there and they had fun finding them.

I had a convo with Bond's wife about Z going to college. She wants him to go to a two-year first and then transfer to a state university. She's worried a big campus will be too much for him. Crazy pants. We got onto the subject because his ACT scores came back. He scored a 33 composite. Several things he got 100%, but then on the writing he only scored 4 out of 12 possible and that lowered his overall. Bond and I were talking this morning and he mentioned that the founders of the company he works for went to Whitewater. I just looked it up online and wow, looks great and is rather close. Smaller campus, too. Seems like a great option.

We had planned on going north to visit my family, but B was having feels about being left, so we rescheduled the trip for the 13th, and we're taking her, her kids, and Bond's kids. We rented a house through airbnb for Friday and Saturday nights. Should be a blast.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:16 PM

My youngest son started his new job on Monday. They were not thrilled when he let them know that he has five weeks of training starting on the 5th, but they seemed to accept it. He learned that they have rolled three jobs into one, so in addition to the environmental aspect of the job, he'll also be responsible for safety, and the process engineer role - which is the job he thought he was interviewing for. He said that his office is large and quite nice, but every surface is covered in stacks of paperwork left by his predecessor. He has his work cut out for him that's for sure. He said that he'll have training on every job in the mill which will help him evaluate the safety and process aspects. If he survives, this will all look very impressive on a resume.

My baby granddaughter got her first tooth this past weekend. No one is safe now, I bet. Seeing as their plans to move to Wisconsin have been postponed, we're going to go see them sometime this year. I'm unsure when, but it'll need to be before fall when Bond gets too busy to leave.

B has decided to sell her house and move back into Madison proper. I really don't know what she'll be able to find in her price range. I suspect she'll need to be out a bit further from the downtown than what she prefers. She's also open to buying a duplex so she'd have rental income. Fingers crossed this all works out for her.

We've been a bunch of sickies this week. Bond and I had a stomach virus and B has a cold. We postponed date night to tonight, as B and I were both feeling pretty ishy last night. I'm still concerned about catching her cold, because of our planned visit on the 13th-14th to my parents'. I really don't want to pass a cold onto my mother.

This Saturday night we're going to L & L. Franki is coming and spending the night. She'll actually be at our house in the early afternoon, because she has accreditation training in town in the morning. Wil is coming, too. We're going to have a big slumber party. I believe B plans on staying over also.

Wil would like to see the kids when he's here, even though it's not our weekend to have them. He sent an email about this to Bond and Naya. Naya then tells/asks Bond that she'll come over to our house with the boys so he can see them. WTF! I protested. She can have Wil come to her house for fuck's sake. Ridiculous. It's like her house is hallowed ground and now that she's not dating him he cannot cross the threshold. If there was a history of any type of abuse that would make sense, but there is none and Wil is the most mild mannered person you'd ever meet. Heck, she'll sit at our house for 3-4 hours visiting with him each month when he is down. She's just so self-absorbed and selfish. It doesn't occur to her that we don't care to have her bring the kids to the house for 3 hours. It'll be really hard to extricate them when she wants to leave. Now she's thinking that they should go out to eat instead of him coming over to her house. WTF!
Old 04-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Saturday night we did the thing, the fetish night at a gay bar. It happens the first Saturday of every month, but we rarely go and it had been close to a year since the last time we went. Wil, Franki, B, Bond and me all strutted our freak flags. It was fun-ish.

I am so disgusted with my body these days and feel terrible in it. I need to get serious about losing weight. Why is losing 12-15 pounds so hard? Anyway, feeling shitty with my physical appearance really douses my enthusiasm for going out. My fetish clothes don't look as nice and right now I have this freaky, awful hairstyle. Everyone else had a fun time, so that's great.

We left that venue at 11 pm. I think Franki would have liked to have stayed longer. She loves to dance; an adorable, little, dancing machine. We stopped for a drink at a hip bar before heading home. I was more than ready to head for home. I cannot do late nights anymore. Gee, this getting old is not for the weak.

We pulled out meat sticks, hard salami, and mocha fluff to satisfy the munchies (brought on due the influence of B) before heading to bed. I think it was close to 2:00 am. Franki and I took our bedroom. Bond and B took the big guest bedroom, and Wil was in the twin bedroom. Everyone reported sleeping well, although B woke up hungover. She has now decided that regardless of how well she hydrates beforehand, she cannot tolerate alcohol. Tonight we have Polycocktails and her new plan is to attempt a social gathering sans alcohol.

Sunday morning we put out a bunch of breakfast foods and made coffee. Around 11:00 am Naya sent a message to Bond that they would be on their way in 5 minutes. He asked her where she was heading and she said to our house. He diverted her to meeting Wil for breakfast at Pancake Cafe instead. WTF?! I thought we had cleared that up last week. Seriously, she is incredibly self-centered. She stopped by after they ate, but asked first, because S2 wanted to pick something up. By then our other guests were gone and we were somewhat dressed, so it wasn't that big of a deal. She didn't stay long. It still blows my mind that she thinks she can arrange social times for Wil and the boys and her at our house when it's not our weekend to have the boys. I said something to Wil about her not being willing to entertain in her own house, and he said, "There be dragons." Made me laugh.

So, having company and going out Saturday night totally destroyed my energy level. Still feeling it today. We were the perfect case of lazy the entire day. We even put off shopping for our upcoming trip up north until some other night this week. We finished watching Westworld. Had late afternoon sex. Showered. Ate this and that and watched more TV. Here's the thing with being lazy, it encourages you to be even lazier. The less I do, the less I want to do. This morning we folded laundry, unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded it, because yesterday we couldn't be bothered to expend any energy.

And now I'm at work, obviously not working. My coworker and I are meeting our old boss for lunch, to bitch about the new boss. Old boss doesn't know that's what is coming her way, but we need her perspective. Turns out it's the new boss' birthday today. Makes me feel like a heel to be speaking bad of him on his birthday, but we're coming up on two years of him working here and he still doesn't have his shit together and in fact, it seems things are unraveling more and more.

And now, I'm going to get busy here, whether I feel like it or not.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:22 PM

Facebook fed me memories from two years ago today of my youngest son being awarded his trophy for second place in the National Guard Soldier of the Year competition. He's presently at Ft. McCoy for schooling, so I wonder if he was there for this year's competition. I would think it would be something to see.

Yesterday was my grandson's birthday. It is hard to believe he's 12 already. My daughter had a hard time yesterday, because it's been so long since she's seen him. She had me send him a Happy Birthday message, which I passed onto him. He responded, "Okay." She is torn up about not being part of his life and sent me a message asking me to go for grandparents' rights. I haven't shared with her that I usually have him one weekend a month. I will need to talk to her when I see her this weekend and let her know that I see him, but that doesn't mean she'll be able to see him. I asked his father and stepmother about this last week, because I wanted to bring him with us to see my family this coming weekend and I got a very full reply. It sounds like they have the court behind them now to block her from being part of his life, based on her drug use. But the most important information I got from the exchange was that my grandson doesn't want to see her. It's too hurtful for him and until he feels differently, I'll honor that. Now I have to convey that to her and hope she doesn't go off the deep end.

We're trying to figure out what to bring with for meals this weekend. We rented an entire house, which means we'll have a kitchen. B said she is making a pork roast in the crock pot. I'm considering making some keto pizza crusts tonight or tomorrow night for Friday night. I can freeze them and then add toppings and bake them there. For the kids we can buy frozen pizzas once we get up there and make keto pizza for Bond and me. I think B will eat regular pizza, but she may eat the keto, who knows. It would make for an easy meal after traveling.

I'm hoping my family will come hang out with us. I'd rather not attempt to take everyone to my parents' house. I can feel the anxiety from just thinking about it. My sister said she has a meeting on Saturday, but she'll be free after 2:00pm, and is interested in hanging out. My old BFF sent me a text saying she and her BF were going to be in town and asked if we were going to be too, so we're all going to get together. It's rather remarkable that we're both going to be home for the weekend. I haven't been there since last summer!

I ordered a purse from the Amazon on Sunday and it arrived yesterday. I love it. I had a super small purse that wore out and the one I replaced it with was less than stellar. Sunday while slothing I Googled "the perfect small purse" and found one on modCloth that looked promising. I then went to Amazon and did the same search and found the same purse for less ($11) and Prime shipping. It's so perfect for my needs. I'm thrilled. Who would think you could get a leather purse for $11!

I don't know about you, but I'm super happy that Paul Ryan won't seek re-election. But I am cautious, because I don't want this Koch puppet to make a presidential bid. I'm also rather stoked about the FBI Michael Cohen raid. And then there was this today, A Congressman's Profanity Laced Tirade in a Safeway Grocery Store, to bouy my spirits further.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Yesterday I wasted some work time thinking about what-ifs. What-if Bond and I get married...where would we do this? Would we get married in front of friends and family followed by a reception? Would we do a destination wedding with a reception upon our return? Would we host the party at our house? Rent a venue?

I did some searches for wedding/reception venues in our city and have fallen in love with the idea of using the Madison Children's Museum. I found pictures and info on their website and Pinterest. It would absolutely fit us and our friends and family. And then I stumbled upon the idea of using board games and toys as centerpieces, which would really fit the venue. I love this idea so much, the venue and the games.

I made a list of possible games:
Hungry Hungry Hippo
Jenga
Rock' em Sock' em Robots
Operation
Connect 4
Kerplunk
Trouble
Perfection
Mouse Trap
Battleship
Checkers
Sorry
Life
Tic Tac Toe

My second best idea: have the wedding on the same date as the city's fireworks which is the last Saturday in June. That one is iffy, because it seems like every year they say it's not going to happen due to the cost, and then some business or businesses throw some money together and it happens.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:21 PM

We're back from the super fun snow apocalypse! Holy cow, Batman, talk about a late spring snow storm! And it was worse in Central and Eastern Wisconsin than it was where we were. I think we got 8-10" compared to their +25". The drive home yesterday was hellacious. I'm so glad I wasn't driving. There were too many of us to take one vehicle and I felt bad for B and Bond, but I wasn't about to volunteer to drive. Some dumbass almost hit us. I feel I can judge his intelligence and call him a dumbass, because he never slowed down to a speed warranted by the conditions. He nearly sideswiped us, then madly fishtailed next to us, nearly losing it, before continuing on at a high rate of speed. There were vehicles, including semis, in the ditch all the way back. Two-hundred and twenty miles of crappy roads.

The house we rented was cute and worked really well for us. We are thinking of renting it again in August. We'll need to jump on it if we're going to do it, because it's booked solid for the summer, other than two weeks in August.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a home to rent out via Airbnb or other services like that. It's a resort area, so summertime would pretty much guarantee solid bookings and depending on the price of the property that may be enough to cover the mortgage. I'd have to find someone to clean it between bookings and to handle maintenance things and that could become a pain in the ass. I found the sweetest cabin with a deep porch on two sides. The interior windows open onto the porch like French doors. The porch is so deep that they have two twin beds on one end of the porch for sleeping during the hot months. It's only 3-season, though, so I'm unsure about it. It was built in 1915 and has been owned by one family for 95 years. It looks like something right out of On Golden Pond. I'm so tempted to pull equity out of the house I own with Twitch for a down payment on this place. Its location is supreme, too. Want, want, want! It's not likely to happen, though.

It was so nice to get back home into our large house after being in a small one with so many people. It would have felt tight with just the 7 of us, and then we added in my parents and sister and brother-in-law, and my BFF for a while on Saturday.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:49 PM

Wisconsin is dealing with the huge snow dump we received over the weekend. Some areas received 25"-28" of snow. The birds are in peril because of lower than normal temperatures and snow cover that is starving them. We have birdseed in the feeders, and last night Bond tossed out an apple that a bunny and then a possum nommed on. Both the bunny and the possum attempted to take the apple over the small fence around the rose garden where the apple landed, but were foiled by the fence. It was pretty entertaining watching them attempt to get past the fence with their large payload, especially the possum. The bunny was more timid about the whole enterprise, but the possum was bold as brass and did one attempt after another until he finally settled down to eat it inside the garden.

This morning B shared a post from the Raptor Education Group and we got some ideas from it. I scattered frozen blueberries in several areas for the Robins. I plan to continue doing this for the next few days until the snow melts. Temperatures should reach near 60F by Sunday, so thankfully we don't have many more days until the danger is past. That being said, we're expecting another snow storm between now and then.

I was so tired last night that I went to bed before Bond. I hate doing that, because I enjoy falling asleep with him but last night I was too tired to stay awake. And I woke up tired. Sigh. I'd have loved to have taken today as a vacation day and just toodled around the house putting everything in order. I'm not sure when I'm going to find the time to get things in place before tomorrow morning when the cleaners will be there. It's not really possible for them to clean if things are out of place. Right now we have two piles of mail, a bag full of board games, and bags of outerwear on one of the islands. :/

I absolutely have to clean the fish tanks this weekend. I really want to get rid of the fish and snails. The enjoyment from them is gone and now they are just a chore.

Saturday we are having a 'crappy dinner party' called "Party like it's Summertime". We're supplying the burgers and hotdogs and guests are instructed to swing by a deli or grab something from their pantry to contribute. I expected a low turnout, but so far we have 18 coming and 13 maybes. I'm glad this party is a crappy dinner party, because I really couldn't put the amount of time and energy into a party like I typically do this week. Can't give it if I don't have it to give, right?

B wants to do a dance party, where we will remove the living room furniture and crank the music, and we need to have our 'kids before 9' party that we've been promising people. The kids party will be in the summer for sure. I want to be able to turn them loose outdoors. I'm not sure when to have the dance party. We're going away for the weekend of my birthday in mid-May, so that kind of nixes May for parties, imo. I don't bounce back from travel as well as I used to. I also don't want to start hosting parties on a monthly basis, because people get tired of that. Small dinner parties are nice in the summer months. They aren't much work and we can use the patio. They're more intimate and we can spend more time with our guests.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:59 PM

Last night was date night with B, and we discussed dates for our Kids Before 9 party. Initially we were leaning towards June 7th, but B contacted Ginger to see if he has his daughter that Saturday and he does not. His Saturdays are opposite ours, so we'll never match up, which means we will need to swap weekends with Bond's ex. B and WP alternate Friday/Saturdays, so it's very easy for them to swap. Bond's ex is easy to work with, too, so I'm sure it won't be a problem but we'll need to confirm with her before going forward.

Tags
cohabitation, living situation, living together, new poly, polyamorous