Alaska

Cheap places to stay... winter rates are definitely cheaper here, and sometimes a place will run a weekend special, I'll keep my eye out.

The cheapest place to stay would be with me, but I won't have it really ready for visitors for another couple months I expect. It's also just a 2-room apartment, so it would be quite crowded, but there will be a king-size bed in one room at that point, and a queen futon + couch in the other, so it might be doable. (Speaking of which, any ideas for a good place to get a couch and bed? Can't spend a ton, but I'd like em to be nice, and new. I'm thinking I may have to find a place in Anchorage or online to buy em.)

Atz Kilcher's Facebook page if you wanna check it out.

Last edited:
I honestly have managed to avoid buying a couch. Seriously. We HAVE one-but it was given to us with a matching love seat. Third time that's happened since we married 11 years ago. ;)
I've heard lots of commercials for Baileys Furniture in Anchorage-but I've also heard that they are way overpriced.
Honestly-you might check JCPenney's and Sears. You can usually look online-order online and then pick up in Anchorage (avoiding shipping costs). Also-I think Penney's has a second shop in Anchorage that has all of their clearance furniture.
It's been ages since I spent any significant time in town, but as I recall it was near Arctic and 36th. :) Maca helped me with that-he says he thinks it's actually 3300 Arctic, but don't quote me on that!

It will be a couple months before we can really look at going much of anywhere-but I'll keep you posted. ;)

I know who Jewel is-but that's it. GG is a music fiend full of useless trivia. We all just let him enjoy his weirdness. :) It's useful sometimes, at others (like this) its just odd and bizarre.

No need to be nervous.
Maca and I were discussing this the other night-I'm very "inclusive".
So I tend to just "bring people along" in my life.

Because of this my friends tend to get to know each other well and over the course of time they tend to build relationships with one another as well.

This is very disconcerting (so I'm told) to people who are "new" to my life. It was especially so for Maca. But once a person is around for a bit they tend to say it's a "blessing" because they find that instead of having a friend (or one rope) to hang on in their time of need, they have a whole network (or a net) to depend on in time of need.
;)

I have sensed this, and it's one of the things I find the most appealing about you and yours. I had rather isolated myself since I got married and meeting new people recently has really shown me how piss-poor my existing support network really is. Yet it's still scary to open myself up to the fact that I might indeed start getting the sort of support I need, and if you and I hit it off in a friendly way, I might get sucked into a new community of people at the speed of light! It's a little mind boggling after my hermitage, but sounds wonderful! :D

Back