"10 realistic rules for good non-monogamous relationships"

SchrodingersCat

http://sexgeek.wordpress.com/2007/06/10/10-realistic-rules-for-good-non-monogamous-relationships/

Confession: I didn't read every word, mostly just the headings and the bits that caught my eye... But I especially liked the "Go for content, not form" rule. And "Just go with the flow" is pretty much my motto in life, so I like that one too. I find that whenever I try to fight the current of what seems to be happening in my world, nothing good ever comes of it. Then when I forget that nonsense and just let what's going to happen happen, things seem to magically work out. Only not magic at all, just plain good sense. :)

Thanks for posting this piece, we did read every word. Sometimes it's good to review the basics, it's easy to forget that we are failure prone humans, and get to think our relationship will last forever since it's lasted this long, (probably dumb luck not anything we did ).
Hugs
:confused:

I think the part about poly being about content and form is really dead on. Lots of people, including myself sometimes, get hung up on structure and such - and that is so not the point.

Thanks SC for posting it!

This is a great article, thank you so much for posting it! I really like the questions to ask yourself, that's a useful approach for anyone who's new to this, no matter which side of the equation they're on (IMO).

The article seems relevant to monogamous relationships too. Put another way, a mono relationship is no different than a poly relationship, except there isn't a third or fourth person (yet).

Back