Love all the Time

spiritually

Once, a long time ago, a friend (trying to be condescending) told me that I love all the time. And I thought...

damn straight, I love all the time!

Hello, my name is Kitty and I am a practicing atheist, bisexual polyamorist and I love it! I've been with my boyfriend, Bear, for almost three years now and I am glad to say that my girlfriend has been with us (albeit off and on) for ~7 months.

My gf and I had some falling outs when we first started this, but we finally realized we were just miserable when we were apart. My bf is very forgiving and patient with us, which is pinnacle to us being polyamorous. I have always dreamed that I would live my life with more than one spouse, be it legally or spiritually. Unfortunately, living in the buckle of the bible belt of Texas makes being a bisexual, atheist, polygamist ridiculously hard. I'm so blessed that my friends are open-minded and supportive of us!

And good news! Just before I joined the forum, my gf proposed to me and we will be having a spiritual binding ceremony (designed by her <3) later this month. Now for the bf to catch up, but he's taking his sweet time, lol.

Congrats and welcome to the forums!

Welcome and congratulations!

Welcome to the forum! Hope your bf catches up. :)

So I am curious, why did you choose the screen name, spiritually, since you're an atheist? (BTW, I am an atheist also.)

Heh! That question about atheism and spirituality has me glued to my seat!

I'm intensely "spiritual" in my own world view and experience. But I'm not a theist, either.
[http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theist]

I don't call myself an atheist, however, since it seems to me that taking any sort of position within theology, for or against, is just more theism, which I don't have any need of. (Or want of) Not only do I not know whether there is any sort of God or gods, I simply don't care either way. So what?! Why even think about it? I mean, this life has got to be enough, since it's right here, always, just as it is. Why does this life demand another? What about this life requires an afterlife, an immortal soul, etc.?

"Spirituality," for me, is mainly about feeling and being related with all beings..., you know, the ones we can see and interact with. Not the invisible ones claimed to exist in other dimentions or worlds. It is about ethics, compassion, generosity, kindness..., not about figments of mere imagination.

I have nothing against atheists. I just prefer to call myself a non-theist. I don't oppose theists so much as find their world strange, distant, curious, unfamiliar....

And this from a mystic -- albeit a natualistic one. Mystical experience can be intensely naturalistic, you know! It's about feeling integrated with all life, rather than separated from it, egoistically.

Hi and Welcome!!

Back