Serenading Your Lover

Have you ever serenaded or sang or lip-synced or danced a song to your lover?~

• I don't how I feel about it, maybe I'd try it, not sure.~

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am unable to do that for some reason other than my feelings about it (like a physical reason).~

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ColorsWolf

Have any of you ever serenaded otherwise known as sung to your lover?~

It doesn't have to be with your voice alone, you could sing along to an *NSYNC song or some thing to your love.~ XD

It also doesn't have to be YOUR voice, you could mouth or lip-sync to a song that touches your heart for your lover.~

Dancing or any kind of showmanship counts, so please mention it if you did that instead or in addition to any thing else!~ ^_^

Come on!~ How many of you have actually loved your lover to the point of bursting out into song or some kind of expression for them?~ ;p

Last edited:
I've always dreamed of ever since I heard the song Song 2 You by Leon Thomas III & Victoria Justice to sing in public in front of every one to see for my love I have fallen in love with, to say that ~I don't have the world and I can't give it to you all I can do is give this song to you.~

I.dance and sing all the time, but dir my enjoyment. I do not direct it to anyone. that sounds incredibly hoaky and I would not enjoy my partner doing that to me either.

I.dance and sing all the time, but dir my enjoyment. I do not direct it to anyone. that sounds incredibly hoaky and I would not enjoy my partner doing that to me either.

Ok!~ Thank you for your input!~ ^_^ All opinions are welcome!~ ^_^

P and I will sing together, or we'll put up the karaoke videos and get the kids involved. I would find P serenading me to be awkward at best, and vice versa.

Speaking of awkward, my BOSS once brought his guitar into work (it was an off day, where we were all busy and catching up on various projects - lots of us were in), and he played it, sang "Tangled Up in Blue", directed at me, while I was kind of pinned outside his office. EXTREMELY awkward (where do I look? Not in his eyes OH GOD NOT IN HIS EYES!), and I was appreciative when the program manager walked in and interrupted.

Boss is a bit of an oddball, but that one took the cake.

I sing all the time too. I'll direct bits and snatches of song at my kids or my husband as they walk past or if it is cute/funny/relevant to the moment. I don't think I would ever truly serenade a person. That's just beyond me.

no chance. No musical talent in any way

"Talent" is only defined as something that appeals a large number of people.~

You don't have to have "talent" in order to sing or express yourself to your lover.~ :)

Singing is simply another form of expression or art and therefore all singing and expression is beautiful and wonderful in its' own way.~

I sing all the time too. I'll direct bits and snatches of song at my kids or my husband as they walk past or if it is cute/funny/relevant to the moment. I don't think I would ever truly serenade a person. That's just beyond me.

Haha, any bit of singing or self-expression is great!~ You don't have to finish a whole song for them for it to count!~ ^_^

"Talent" is only defined as something that appeals a large number of people.~

You don't have to have "talent" in order to sing or express yourself to your lover.~ :)

Singing is simply another form of expression or art and therefore all singing and expression is beautiful and wonderful in its' own way.~

I would need to be ""talented" to take time to do something. I don't have time to do things I am not good at which in turn directly affects my enjoyment of it

I would need to be ""talented" to take time to do something. I don't have time to do things I am not good at which in turn directly affects my enjoyment of it

To each their own.~ *bows* :)

Did it once. It was during a dance at a mate's wedding. It was a moment where I only had eyes for her and no one else mattered but her. Don't know if it was the alcohol or the lyrics of the song, but I serenaded her privately. Those were the good old days. It's not likely to happen again.

Did it once. It was during a dance at a mate's wedding. It was a moment where I only had eyes for her and no one else mattered but her. Don't know if it was the alcohol or the lyrics of the song, but I serenaded her privately. Those were the good old days. It's not likely to happen again.

That was beautiful, man!~ ^_^

"Don't worry if it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear,
Just sing,
Sing a song."

This was a tricky poll for me to answer because I've never "sung" a song to my beloveds, however I did compose instrumental songs on the piano for them. So I marked that as "once or twice, a few times" on the poll, as there are two of those songs total (one for my late wife, and one for the hinge of the V I'm in). The title of each song is the name of the lady it's dedicated to.

Unfortunately, I never got good enough on the piano to play the songs anywhere near like they ought to be played. I used computer music writing programs to compose them, so I was able to extract them into MIDI format and they can be heard played rather well by the computer. Not *quite* as expressive as a human (like me) would like to do it, but pretty close, actually.

That's all from back in the good old days. For some reason I've lost my heart for the piano and music in general, I don't listen to much these days and haven't tinkled the ivories for like, five years. Just not feelin' it, YKWIM? but of all the songs I've ever composed (perhaps fifty or so?), those two songs remain my favorite compositions (heck, two of my favorite songs ever). Lots of heart and technique went into both of those.

This was a tricky poll for me to answer because I've never "sung" a song to my beloveds, however I did compose instrumental songs on the piano for them. So I marked that as "once or twice, a few times" on the poll, as there are two of those songs total (one for my late wife, and one for the hinge of the V I'm in). The title of each song is the name of the lady it's dedicated to.

Unfortunately, I never got good enough on the piano to play the songs anywhere near like they ought to be played. I used computer music writing programs to compose them, so I was able to extract them into MIDI format and they can be heard played rather well by the computer. Not *quite* as expressive as a human (like me) would like to do it, but pretty close, actually.

That's all from back in the good old days. For some reason I've lost my heart for the piano and music in general, I don't listen to much these days and haven't tinkled the ivories for like, five years. Just not feelin' it, YKWIM? but of all the songs I've ever composed (perhaps fifty or so?), those two songs remain my favorite compositions (heck, two of my favorite songs ever). Lots of heart and technique went into both of those.

That was beautiful, sad, and wonderful!~ ~_^

I sing all the time. If only I had some talent at it... haha

But, yeah. I will sing to H often. Usually he thinks it's cheesy, sometimes it's sweet, sometimes it's just ridiculous.

D called me the other day specifically to sing to me, when we were both feeling kind of down about not having much time together. He also couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, but it made me feel amazing. He made a big deal for a while about how he doesn't sing in front of people (we have mutual friends who love karaoke) and that I would probably never hear him sing. The fact that he felt comfortable enough to do so was touching.

I do that a lot. I love singing and I've sang to all of my partners. One of my partners has also sang to me a few times, once he played guitar and sang to me on Skype, I thought that was super sweet. :)

Back