New from NH

Polywife

Hello, I'm in NH and new here. My husband and I are exploring a poly relationship. We have in the past had a slightly open relationship but now we are looking to broaden our horizons. Hoping to find a community in NH. And to chat with like minded people.

Looking forward to chatting!!

Wifey

Welcome to the forum, polywife!

So have the two of your worked out what sort of polyamory you are interested in? Everybody does it differently, and the spectrum is quite broad.

We are always talking about it. It is open for each of us. With of course rules/guidelines in place. It has been several years since we have had our relationship open again. As our growing family was blossoming, as well as some other life events, we chose to be mono. Now that things have settled down and we are in a place to bring that back into our lives. But that is not to say that we did not occassionaly bring someone into our life, even if it was brief. It just was not the main focus of our relationship like it was.
It feels like we are back to square one. Trying to find a community, discussing limits, working out time for each of us to be with someone else. But i am happy to be here and gettin back to of life.

Cool that the two of you have talked at such length - so many couples don't, and make assumptions which prove to be wrong.

If I may ask more of the questions so typical in sorting out what poly means... It looks like each of you will be having your own relationships. Is it more for sexual fun, or are you looking for more committed, romantic relationships with the word "love" in the mix? Do the new folks have to be single, or can they be in other relationships? Are you eventually looking for everyone to live together, or will each person have their own place?

This is a topic not to be taken lightly, EVER! We have talked about all kinds of scenarios. Me dating a single girl, him dating a single girl, him finding a woman in a relationship, being part of a triad, or maybe us finding a girl to join us in part of a triad. As I am not seeking to be with another a man we know it might possible be easier for me to find someone else. We don't want just one night stand kinds of things. And sex is not necessarily the goal either. But someone we have can have an emotional relationship as well.
We are not ready to discuss living with anyone. As we have always been private about this aspect of our life. If it ever came up it would certainly be something to discuss. But for now it's first things first. Finding a local community of like minded people.

Excellent to hear! I agree, not something to be taken lightly when it comes to matters of the heart.

Glad you have talked this through. Hope you find what you seek.

Hello Polywife,
Welcome to our forum.

Check out our Dating & Friendships subforum ... Also, you might try Googling "polyamory New Hampshire" to see if there's any local poly groups in your area.

It's great that you have this opportunity to explore your open relationship in a poly light. I hope we will be able to answer any questions you may have, etc.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back