Hi All

Bfree

Hi, I am not only new to the forum, but new to poly relationships...

I have been in an open relationship for about a year, which has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least, as I have never been involved in anything like this before. Luckily my partner is the most nurturing man I have ever met. He is completely open & honest, even when it's difficult. He always gives me reassurance when I need it and listens to my fears.

Recently, when he met a girl that stood out, he suggested that I meet her as his intuition told him that I would also feel the connection. He was right!

I love the thought of where this is leading, both of us having a connection with her is beautiful & liberating, but at the same time am finding that my insecurities are magnified. I am scared & not sure what to expect right now.

I am enjoying reading everyone's posts & advice while exploring this new part of me. I hope to be able to ask for advice along the way & learn while facing my fears & letting go.

Thank you
B xx

Hello Bfree,
Welcome to our forum.

Things are usually scarier (as well as more exciting) in the beginning of a poly relationship. Just take it in small steps, don't rush yourself. And do lots and lots of communication (always practicing to get better at both telling and listening).

You will certainly be able to get some good advice here; just post any thoughts, questions, or concerns that you have. Explore the various threads and see what interests you. There is a search and a tag search feature as well.

I am hoping for the very best for you in your new poly relationship. It sounds like a very positive one.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back