ladystuff

She seemed to me to be hinting that she does it when she cooks for a lover and it was for a "binding spell". I'm not sure what that means. She was Wiccan if that matters. I don't know enough about what is involved in being Wiccan to say for sure.

Mmh, I can see how using bodily fluid would be "bonding", but I wouldn't want to eat something my partner had cooked that had semen in it (even if I don't mind eating it from the source).
That's the closest comparison I can think of, since blood from a male would imply some kind of injury.

She seemed to me to be hinting that she does it when she cooks for a lover and it was for a "binding spell". I'm not sure what that means. She was Wiccan if that matters. I don't know enough about what is involved in being Wiccan to say for sure.

I've actually done some slight research in Wicca and I've heard of this before. Actually the spell is the simple ingesting of menstrual blood, doesn't matter how. So if she's actually cooking with it that would imply to me that her partner(s) doesn't know they're ingesting it at all. The cooking would be primarily to hide the blood, in my opinion. I could be wrong but that idea just makes me ill. If you know about it sure, whatever, but feeding it to anyone without their knowledge is uncool in my book.

I buried both placentas from my homebirths in the garden. Planted a rosebush over one and a lilac over the other.

I buried both placentas from my homebirths in the garden. Planted a rosebush over one and a lilac over the other.

That's better than eating them. I know animals eat their placentas, but I've heard stories (not sure if they are true or exaggerated) of people making dishes (such as casseroles) using their placentas and trying to serve it to guests at parties.

I run in alternative parenting circles and most of the placenta eaters I know of make a lasagna (for the mother) or the midwife will dry the placenta and grind it and put it in capsules for the mother to take in the first couple wks post partum.

Feeding it to others would be a waste of minerals the mother could use to build herself back up again.:rolleyes:

LOL. Back when my kids were little rugrats, I sure did! ;)

I don't think the cooking necessarily means she's hiding it, maybe her partner just feels less icky about eating cooked blood.

I don't know, it might be because I'm a vegetarian, but I don't actually see the problem, in principle, with eating stuff like menstrual blood and placenta, since nobody was hurt, and otherwise it goes to waste. So if you're going to eat meat, I can see the sense in eating meat that's already there, if I'm making sense. It kind of prevents a waste.
I could see feeding it to other animals, too, and I guess burying it for it to feed plants works as well. It all seems better than just throwing it away.

This being said, I could never cook with menstrual blood, be it my own or someone else. If someone was serving their placenta though, vegetarian or not, I'd probably be too curious to say no, and I'd at least give it a try.

Bottom line though, you should definitely be open front about it, so no serving stuff without telling people what it is, and no inviting people and serving stuff once they're there and "trapped" without warning them beforehand.

I don't think I could eat placenta, it's a little too much like canabalism in my mind. I do know of people who do though and more power to them.

Natural remedies for mood swings

Anyone have some natural remedies for mood swings until I can get to a doc, hopefully later this week?

Mine are driving me totally nuts! From happy to sad to blah to sad to angry to wanting to rage & scream & cry in nothing flat!

Today's the worst it's been in maybe six years.

I finished my cycle on Tuesday. It was at the usual time & of normal length and consistency. Midol is good but I don't really want to spend the next however long on pills not to mention it kind of suppresses my moods rather than balances them so I'm blah about just about anything.

Yes, this is definitely hormone related, not depression.

I suggest going to a naturopath (sp?) over a doctor any day... I find doctors don't know a hell of a lot about balancing out the body, just masking symptoms... quite often there are herbalists at natural food stores that have a herbal department. Maybe try there? Also I find that Chinese medicine for lady issues is really good. You can go and get a reading and get some special tea that balances out your hormones.

I have trouble with mood swings and I know that managing diet, sleep, exercise and stress levels has always seemed to make a positive impact. I would imagine that those changes look different for everyone. I try to avoid lots of processed, refined sugars. That helps me a lot. Like RP said, a naturopath (yeah, don't know how to spell that either), will have the most expertise. Oh and there's a chinese herbal remedy for ladystuff...i think it might be dong qi? I have yet to try it but I hear it's good.

Female issues..

Crazy I can talk about sex with 2 men but when it comes to a yeast infection I clam up. I was sitting here miserable and searched it on here and felt a lot better lol. I used to get these a TON as a kid. But not so often since. Maybe once a year tops. This year I have had 2. And both times it came to a head after a close shave down there and well.. honestly not enough lube. I kinda wanted any info suggestions etc. Im about to give up on that super close shave because the smallest growing back irritates itches drives me crazy. Im one that also doesnt have sex unless I am clean. Right after a shower. I know the shower strips alot of fluids. But I have to feel clean before getting dirty. Also both infections came after some particularly rougher sex. Its just super frustrating that Im now sitting here with no sex because of this lol. Any suggestions as to how to prevent these in the future? I know I should know these things but its only been the past year I have been shaving that close. I mean I have always shaved, but not as close around the lips as I have been(guess this cant be to much TMI right??? ugg Im embarrassed) Rougher sex has been increased in the last year also. Im just beginning to open up to my desires. Took me long enough. The lube issue I know I can always buy lube. Of course finding a good kind... Dont wanna spend 15 bucks on a bottle to have it suck.
Any suggestions I am more than willing to hear and try. This is just miserable!

Simple. Stop shaving. Just trim close with scissors for comfort. Shaving is a stupid fad, imo.

As for yeast infections, watch your diet. Too much sugar feeds yeast.

As for rough sex, inserting toys, or handjobs, etc, I like Wet Lube, original formula.

http://www.stayswetlonger.com/wetproducts/index.shtml

Thank you :) will read through this one too.
I do believe shaving in that area is completely done lol. I will try the scissors for a trimmer look. (its not out to win a beauty contest..right??)
I will look for that Wet product. I know what lube we bought was so sticky after applied that it was miserable for anyone using.
And the sugars...yeah I prolly do need to cut a lot of that out.
Thanks for the suggestions! I will keep reading through thread. I want to prevent anymore of these awful things
Chris

If you do want to trim, I've seen hand razors that look like combs (with a razor handle) but with a blade among the comb... I thought it was smart, allows you to trim while leaving a bit of length. I'm just suggesting that in case you like the idea better than scissors.

As for lube, I know some women feel bad about using it, like they're less of a woman or something. I don't know if it's your case, but I have to say for anyone reading who feels that way that using it takes really no time, can be a nice part of foreplay and definitely solves any issues that can arise when there isn't enough lubrication. And I think it happens to all of us to have drier days.

What kind of soap do you use by the way? I've found that baby soap has been the best for me for these areas, but I don't know if that would be true for other people too. Maybe you already use the best soap ever, but I was thinking, it might be possible that this specific soap dries you a little bit more than another would?

Either way, good luck :)

Suggesting lube does make me feel bad. But during activities.. sometimes I do start to dry. I wish that it wasnt the case because its frustrating to be turned on like crazy and get dry so long into things.
I use a Dial cranberry glycerin soap. I like the smell of it lol. And it doesnt react with the scent of me. Some soaps just dont mix with the natural scent down below. I will try baby soap and see if it helps!
Will also be looking into trimmers. Only thing I worry bout when doing that is the sharp lil edges on the hair. Which is what causes me major irritation when growing back. Pokes in the most sensitive of places. Does the same occur with trimmin. I shave most in the front its just around the vagina that causes major issues. I just dont like a lot of hair on myself. And I do not have the pain tolerance to get a wax lolol. My pain level is high. But dang I do my legs couldnt think of doing that to the hoohaa!
Chris

Back