Primary asked for a break

OK, thanks. I went and read this earlier thread of yours.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71655

So you're 21 and I am guessing your gf is about the same age? Long distance relationships are not easy. She feels distanced from you. She has a hard time finding other partners, you find it easy.

She feels left out, envious, lonely, I am guessing. She seems to not know how much info about your other relationships she needs or wants to hear. This is common, btw. And it can depend on the partner one hears it from. I have no TMI limit with my gf, I feel complete compersion because I trust her completely. Whereas with my most recent ex bf, too little info made my imagination go wild, too much made me feel gross. It was because I didn't trust him and his motivations (for good reason, it turned out).

So. Now she has requested you stop seeing any and all of your others until she gets home in 6 weeks. She will be home "soon," but 6 weeks isn't exactly tomorrow.

Ball is in your court. She is trying to manage her feelings by controlling your actions. How do you feel about that? Do you think polyamory with her is ever going to work out, really?

Back