log-out help?

nicraq

hi, anyone know why I keep having to re-log in everytime I try to post? seem to get timed-out and logged-out while reading discussions and then lose the answer I've written...

hi, anyone know why I keep having to re-log in everytime I try to post? seem to get timed-out and logged-out while reading discussions and then lose the answer I've written...

Are you taking a long time to post?

Vbulletin and more specifically PHP it is built on has a timeout "feature" for forms. If you take to long to post (I think the default is 15 minutes..maybe 30) it will timeout and the form won't submit correctly.

If this is the case, you could always try doing long posts in notepad and then copying and pasting them into the form window :)

The other option, it could be something to with your cookies. What browser are you using?

I do have to re-sign in when I come here via laptop but not on my desktop, don't know the reason but do find it rather aggravating.

I don't lose the post when I have so sign in again though.

Notepad is definitely an option, so is copying your text every few minutes and then pasting it into the form after you sign in again.

I think the time out feature is set to 10 or 15 minutes if the program doesn't detect you being 'active' by clicking on other threads. Just typing or scrolling to read doesn't count as active, unfortunately.

Back