Hello! New Here & to Poly (NM)

pqlvr

Howdy!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm new to actively finding a poly relationship, and so reading articles and posts, I definitely like the vibe here...

I live in northern New Mexico, married and with a beautiful daughter. I'm somewhat shy at first, but a regular guy with a full-time job as a writer, and have been told I'm handsome and fun to be around. My wife and I have been together 14 years, and recently discussed how different we really are: different levels of intimacy, communication, sharing of souls, and sex drive. I let her know I was starving for these things, and she understood, and is okay with me finding a poly situation. A few friends have told me to face the truth and break us up, but I'm not there, primarily because of my daughter. We're good people... but what to do about getting these needs met??

So here I am, to read, connect, and share the best I can. I would like to meet other poly's in NM and the southwest, but interested in discussion and messaging here first.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with everyone!

K

Greetings K,
Welcome to our forum.

Always nice to meet another New Mexican. I live in Albuquerque, and attend the monthly potlucks of the local poly group here. There is also a local poly group in Santa Fe that I hear good things about. Let me see if I can find their web addies.

Albuquerque ... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albpoly/
Santa Fe ... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SantaFePoly/

The Santa Fe group has monthly discussion groups and other social events. The Albuquerque group has one social get-together each month, plus one potluck per month usually with a discussion group right after.

Re:
"A few friends have told me to face the truth and break us up, but I'm not there, primarily because of my daughter. We're good people ... but what to do about getting these needs met?"

Presumably those friends had not heard about "the polyamory option." You don't have to break up, you love your wife and your daughter, there is another way to work out the problems.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Read lots of threads; post any thoughts or questions you may have. I'm glad to have you onboard!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks...

for making me feel welcome, Kevin T. Yeah, nice to see some New Mexicans here!

This is all pretty new to me, but I'm ready to jump in and test the waters...

K

Go for it, and good love to you. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Back