Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-15-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
But I thought her dates were rather late at night. Cemeteries are closed at night, at least where I live.

My favorite cemetery is Mt Auburn in Cambridge MA. It was the nation's first garden style cemetery, 1830. It's all hills, up and down, and ponds and fountains and gothic Victorian monuments and statues and ornate iron railings, and huge old beech trees and flowering trees and bushes and flowers, and towers with views of Boston, and stone chapels, and even a huge Sphinx Civil War monument. There is wildlife from dragonflies to skunks to ducks to frogs to coyotes to albino squirrels. Many many famous people are buried there, religious figures, scientists, professors, politicians,The nicest part is, it's rather a secret. It's only crowded on Mother's Day.
SNEAK IN.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?

That cemetery sounds AMAZING. I used to live in Cincinnati, OH and there were some really cool cemeteries there, too. I wish I could remember the names of them, but it's been too long...

Analyst, Fire & Hefe My poly quad from August 2015 to July 2016. Still dear & loved friends.

Blood:
Ninja- 19, Son
Q- 16, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 07-15-2016, 06:17 PM

Of course the answer of the day is to play Pokemon Go together. Pick somewhere to hang out or wander in, lay down some lures, and there ya go.

Leetah (who is not playing...yet)
Old 07-16-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetah View Post
Of course the answer of the day is to play Pokemon Go together. Pick somewhere to hang out or wander in, lay down some lures, and there ya go.

Leetah (who is not playing...yet)
We actually did some of that last night on our walk, lol. On his phone only because mine gets horrible internet but it was pretty fun.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
But I thought her dates were rather late at night. Cemeteries are closed at night, at least where I live.

My favorite cemetery is Mt Auburn in Cambridge MA. It was the nation's first garden style cemetery, 1830. It's all hills, up and down, and ponds and fountains and gothic Victorian monuments and statues and ornate iron railings, and huge old beech trees and flowering trees and bushes and flowers, and towers with views of Boston, and stone chapels, and even a huge Sphinx Civil War monument. There is wildlife from dragonflies to skunks to ducks to frogs to coyotes to albino squirrels. Many many famous people are buried there, religious figures, scientists, professors, politicians,The nicest part is, it's rather a secret. It's only crowded on Mother's Day.
I tend to not follow directions well as far as closing times, lol. Most of the parks around here are closed at dusk too but no one really cares, at least that's been my experience.

That sounds like a beautiful cemetary! I'll actually be visiting MA in a couple weeks, might need to make a side trip to check this place out.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:55 AM

I recommend Find a Grave whenever someone mentions cemeteries. People from all over request photos of headstones because they can't make it to the area. Check out both the website and the app, and then you have a great reason to roam - you're helping others and it's lots of fun.

Me, center of a star-shaped polycule (40F)
Wife to DarkKnight (42M)
Wife to PunkRockAwesomesauce (44M)
Girlfriend to SirGawain (40M)
Girlfriend to CornFlower (38M)
Old 07-17-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarna View Post
I tend to not follow directions well as far as closing times, lol. Most of the parks around here are closed at dusk too but no one really cares, at least that's been my experience.
I guess that is the case with most cemeteries. Not this one though. It has high walls and a big iron gate (which looks Egyptian, since that was a rage in Napoleon's day).

Quote:

That sounds like a beautiful cemetary! I'll actually be visiting MA in a couple weeks, might need to make a side trip to check this place out.
You won't be disappointed! There are maps in a kind of roofed place just inside the gate to the right when you come in. It's a big place, it's easy to get lost, so a map helps. You can also purchase a CD in the main building which takes you on a guided tour to the main points of interest as you drive around. I recommend driving around a bit to get your bearings, and then park anywhere and take a walk. Make sure you check out the tower for the sweeping views of Boston in the east, and the mountains to the west.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 07-17-2016, 02:08 PM

I've gone to cemeteries late at night, so I guess it depends on your locale and whether there are locked gates.

Amarna, can you drive to a nearby town that might have more things going on?

And maybe try going to the movies, if something's playing that you might consider - it's nice to be able to relax in a comfy seat holding hands in the dark.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.