A Party Idea

PolyKat

For the masses -- If I were to throw a party, I would throw a Poly Stoplight Party.

Red shirt - Mono/Not looking for more partners
Yellow shirt - Open to advances but unsure
Green shirt - Looking for a companion

Red bracelet - straight
Yellow bracelet -bi/bi curious
Green bracelet - gay/lesbian

LOVE this! I've always wanted to go to a Stoplight Party, but I've always been in a serious relationship so without the group understanding/being open to poly it would be pointless. lol

Never heard of a stoplight party before. I guess it could be fun, but I hate labels so much I'd be afraid that people wouldn't talk to me just because I'm wearing the "wrong" color. I've already had that experience at poly gatherings where people walk away when it's clear I'm not into randomly fucking just anyone. Their loss, of course, but the whole idea kinda takes away the point of a party, I think.

Never heard of a stoplight party before. I guess it could be fun, but I hate labels so much I'd be afraid that people wouldn't talk to me just because I'm wearing the "wrong" color. I've already had that experience at poly gatherings where people walk away when it's clear I'm not into randomly fucking just anyone. Their loss, of course, but the whole idea kinda takes away the point of a party, I think.

That makes it more appealing to me. After all, by doing that, they show that they aren't worth a fuck and I don't have to spend more time trying to figure that out.

If you do, let me know how it goes!

It went very well. We had a family friendly picnic at a local park and everyone was actually more open in their conversations. But we used BIG ribbons instead of bracelets. The ribbons were cheaper and you could more easily cut them to length to fit the person as well as wear them where ever you wanted to.

Participation was voluntary, but most choose to take part in the activity and actually enjoyed it.

But we used BIG ribbons instead of bracelets. The ribbons were cheaper and you could more easily cut them to length to fit the person as well as wear them where ever you wanted to.
The length of a person? How did that work? Did you cut a long length and pin it on them? I'm just trying to picture it.

LOL! Woops. Meant to say you could cut it to a persons desired length to where they wanted to put it. if they wanted to wear it on a wrist cut a short strip, around their waist cut a longer strip, One fellow wore his around his forehead like a bandana.

A lot of folks do not like bracelets.

And Ribbons were much easier to find and cheaper to buy.

For the masses -- If I were to throw a party, I would throw a Poly Stoplight Party.

Red shirt - Mono/Not looking for more partners
Yellow shirt - Open to advances but unsure
Green shirt - Looking for a companion

Red bracelet - straight
Yellow bracelet -bi/bi curious
Green bracelet - gay/lesbian

Hmmmm. Green shirt and a green bracelet. I'd look like I was lost on my way to a St. Patty's day party! ;)

Back