how to explain polyamory to my bf

rainbowchick

Hello there. I am new to this. I have been contemplating polyamory for the past couple months now. The idea really intriques me. I was never much into monogamy and I like the idea of being able to love multiple people. Me and my boyfriend have been dating for four months and he knows I like women as well and he said h would be ok with me having sexual relations with a woman but as long as it was a one time thing. Which I dont understand. I bought up the idea of having a boyfriend and girlfriend and he didn't like it. He said he feels like he is not enough for me but that's not the case. I just want more. How can I explain this idea to him to get him to understand and now just think I'm being greedy? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Why do people think they can say this magic thing to someone who had expressed a clear disinterest in polyamory and had even made clear where their boundaries in terms of non monogamy lie?

Please, when people clearly articulate their boundaries, do not immediately think of ways you can move those boundaries to suit your agenda. It's just wrong

How can I explain this idea to him to get him to understand and now just think I'm being greedy? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

He might think you are greedy no matter how you explain it. He might feel insecure about your desires no matter how you explain it. I say, just be honest and clear in how you see it playing out and he will respond however he responds.

If you find that you can't articulate your view, find an article or blog that expresses your personal view of the poly life you want to live and share it with him.

Back