Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

I'm 37 until October, and he is 33, I believe. I've lost some of my moves. Damn old age. :D

Close to my age then. Yeah, not got quite the manuverability I once had. lol... Damn aging.

I'm pretty sure I tore a calf muscle, tweaked my back and pulled a groin muscle. My calf and back I can live without. ;)

I will be honest in saying there is still some of the "third wheel" thoughts going on for me, even though they are just friends.
Even though I wasn't as affectionate as Redpepper would have liked, I think she truly enjoyed seeing her men together and both families enjoying each other's company. Another great evening!

Your third wheel complex is totally your own making, silly. No one sees you as such. You create it when you think like that. It just makes us all confused about why you think like that.

No, you weren't affectionate enough. ;) I know it's because you don't want the kids to see, especially my boy. But really, he knows I love you and he knows that we sneak hugs and kisses. I think it confuses him that you want to make it a secret and makes him feel that our love is not okay. I'm not okay with that. Our love is okay and I, for one, am more than ready to show him that I love you more than others in our life.

I DID enjoy seeing my men together! Are you kidding? I have the best men going! Sexy, fun, funny, smart, good to the core, what more could I ask for? I am so blessed... *sigh* and very happy :)

You two are adorable.

Redpepper-- I wish your husband would post on here. I'd so love to hear his side of this beautiful relationship.

Mono-- Don't worry about being a third wheel. Tricycles get around just as well as bikes. ;) (Come to think of it, I never could ride a bike. Maybe I should have known I was never meant to be mono a looooonnnng time ago.)

I DID enjoy seeing my men together! Are you kidding? I have the best men going! Sexy, fun, funny, smart, good to the core, what more could I ask for? I am so blessed... *sigh* and very happy. :)

And this is what this thread is all about! We are a very natural family together, for sure. We just don't need your boy telling his grandparents that I kissed his mommy. :eek: That is a ripple in the water that won't fade soon and will touch a lot of people. But I see your point about the mixed messages to him. Ah, the sweet, sweet challenges... all so very worth it!

As far as the third wheel thing goes, I'll pull my mono-wiring card! "You just don't understand." :D

I love you more. ;)

Maybe I should have known I was never meant to be mono a looooonnnng time ago.)

Ask Redpepper about my motorbike. It only has room for one and I refuse to share it LOL! I guess I always knew I was mono. My truck only has two seats, as well.. Hmmm.

You two are adorable.
Redpepper-- I wish your husband would post on here. I'd so love to hear his side of this beautiful relationship.

Thanks xyz123. He writes elsewhere on a blog. He isn't much into this kind of thing. We talk about it often though, and he participates verbally with us. I kind of like that it is just my and mono's thing, anyway. It's nice to have our own space and own thing sometimes, just as I do with my husband.

Mono, whatever to the "You just don't understand." Get over it already! ;) heh

We all know you are monogamous. It has nothing to do with feeling like a third wheel. You just like to make that the reason for everything. Silly man. :D

Mono, whatever to the "You just don't understand." Get over it already! ;) heh
We all know you are monogamous. It has nothing to do with feeling like a third wheel. You just like to make that the reason for everything. Silly man. :D

It is quite convenient, I must admit. But you really don't understand. :p

It is quite convenient, I must admit. But you really don't understand. :p

I understand that you have created your third wheelness by believing that you are my secondary and not my other primary. Perhaps you need to do this right now. And that is okay by me, because I know what you mean to me. Besides, even if you are a third wheel, who cares? That is other peoples' problem, not ours. Again, nothing to do with being mono. I think that others in triads who identify as poly would feel like that sometimes too.

Thanks for clarifying about my boy and his grandparents. Good point. Although I am so ready to take that on. I'm just waiting for you and my husband to catch up to me with that feeling.

Thanks for clarifying about my boy and his grandparents. Good point. Although I am so ready to take that on. I'm just waiting for you and my husband to catch up to me with that feeling.

This is truly a huge concern for us both. While I will be viewed as a possible home-wrecking "other man," he will be faced by many other external pressures from both sides of your family. This may also lead to talks about other partners, sexuality in general, and who knows what? It's a big one for sure, but we'll get there.

:eek:

Just remember I love you, no matter if I am kissing that gorgeous face or not. :)

This thread is no place for this discussion, as it is about success and happiness! How about we end this topic now and save it for further communication at another time? When we actually have success in this, we can talk about it here.

This thread is no place for this discussion as it is about success and happiness! How about we end this topic now and save it for further communication at another time. When we actually have success on this we can talk about it here.

Absolutely right, my love! I hijacked my own thread. :)

While Redpepper and her hubby were at a movie tonight I spent time with mutual friends of ours. They are closer to Redpepper and me, but do know her husband. They are also extremely traditionally mono and have been married for 30 years.

I found myself truly appreciating their friendship and genuine concern for our wellbeing. They are curious, but very caring. I like sharing with them because they don't judge either of us and care about our relationship. It is refreshing to have this kind of connection. I admit it is a bit closer to my social comfort zone. But maintaining a little bit of my old life isn't a bad thing, I think.

Redpepper enjoys their company a lot too. Tomorrow night we are going to their place for a BBQ.

I am so proud to show her off whenever I can. Can I say that? She is amazing in so many ways. I love her in a completely new and exciting way. She is a gift.

Last edited:
They are "our" friends. Not ones that I chose or ones that are mine and my husbands:' "ours." I find it very exciting to be building a life that includes "our" stuff! I'm very excited.

You can show me off. I certainly show you off. I'm so proud to be anywhere with you, especially when it is us three.

The last couple of weeks have been very interesting for Redpepper and me. We have continued to explore our natures and examine the differences and similarities. There has been a substantial awareness wash over us in just how committed we both are to building a lifelong future and family. When I speak of family, I am specifically referring to my integration and presence within their existing family.

I think even Redpepper is surprised at how easy it has been for me to see her husband as a deep friend and have total compersion for what they have. This is not a face I put on, or self-denial. I simply love both of them as a single entity with their son. My love for her cannot be a negative, as long as I see them this way.

This is so natural and good-feeling for me, personally. I feel completely blessed. I know it is rare to be in a FMM "V", especially when there is an intended lifelong commitment to the relationship. But I am where I want to be and where I belong.

I love Redpepper with a new maturity and awareness gained through my past experiences and in the lessons polyamory has taught me about self-analysis and communication. She knows how I feel about her. I think she is really figuring it out. :D

I love reading these updates from you. It helps to give me hope that someday I might find the other half of my FMM "V". Keep up the wonderful work and love, you guys. :)

Redpepper almost gave up her search for someone before she met me. But it was meant to be. I don't think I was exactly what she was looking for initially, or even if she knew what she wanted for herself. She's stuck with me now, though. :rolleyes:

I think it'll happen when it is meant to, Vandalin. Don't give up, but don't force it, either.

Yeah, I learned about that "don't force it" thing the hard way. lol

I'm definitly not going to push it or give up. I've never been big on cruising and finding a man so I'm not even sure where this will go now...but at least I know more than I did before. ;) All in good time.

Back