Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Some situations that come to mind which I've just LOVED, which are only possible in poly dynamic:
- Walking with everybody hand in hand in hand in hand (wait, how many hands are there? :D)
- My girlfriend and my husband teasing me together about stuff I do in a relationship (like 'stealing' clothes :eek: )
- My girlfriend and husband spontaneously hugging each other when she left the last time; it just fills me with joy that they are already so comfortable with each other!)

I would say I'm living a dream, except I've never even dreamt of these kinds of things. Life certainly can bring you wonderfully unexpected things <3.

I have to agree as the girlfriend rory is talking about. That was such a special weekend we had together, all four of us. I really loved that hands-in-hands-moment, it was so sweet :) And I feel great that me and rory's husband are already very comfortable with each other. I think we have a lot in common and we get along well. At this very moment everything's perfect. :)

Breathes and I were at a game store yesterday morning. HE called Possibility to tell him that a game that Breathes and Possibility's male partner were talking about the previous night was at this particular store and the price. He then handed me the phone so I could talk to Possibility for a few minutes as well :D.

Sounds a little complicated but it isn't :).

Breathes and I were at a game store yesterday morning. HE called Possibility to tell him that a game that Breathes and Possibility's male partner were talking about the previous night was at this particular store and the price. He then handed me the phone so I could talk to Possibility for a few minutes as well :D.

Sounds a little complicated but it isn't :).

Nah, sounds loverly!

Anniversary time

Redpepper and Polynerdist are celebrating their 10-year anniversary tonight! I am watching over my Little Buddy so they can go out for dinner and a walk.

This is the third anniversary they have shared with me in their life. It feels good to know we are all so close and so willing to help each other spend time with the person we love.

It is also very heartwarming to know that they are so solid and still very much in love, after all these years and many adventures. They are a very special and rare couple in my eyes. I'm honoured and proud to call them family. :)

I love you both, RP and PN. :D Here's to many, many more
Happy Anniversaries!!

Happy Anniversary indeed!

TP, yes, it was loverly :D

Breathes really is totally awesome, lol. I hadn't seen Possibility that week, didn't see him this week and most likely won't next week either :(, so that little bit of a conversation just might have to hold me over for another nine days or so :(.

A friend and former coworker is having a summer BBQ for work friends, with SOs invited. I confirmed attendance and she asked if Indigo and Mr. A were coming also.

It felt really nice to be accepted and I thanked her for remembering. :)

Very cool!! Sounds great TP :)

Now I just have to not be nervous about the coworkers who will show up that DON'T know!

I'm lucky that most of the people invited I have, at worst, no interest in. There are no ill feelings about anyone.

I'm hoping that most people just won't care! :)

Last edited:
I find it interesting at my work just how many avoid all together. I tell them all the time about what I do and they just take it in stride. At our staff bbq this past weekend most just carried on without saying a word. I brought Derby this time too.

I am so happy that I have talked to my boyfriend onestly about my polyamory and this talking was succesible - he understands me :)

Now I just have to not be nervous about the coworkers who will show up that DON'T know!

I'm lucky that most of the people invited I have, at worst, no interest in. There are no ill feelings about anyone.

I'm hoping that most people just won't care! :)

As an update, no one really noticed. About half knew, and of the other half, no one asked me anything directly. All in all, another anticlimactic poly experience. :D

Loving the anticlimactic poly experiences myself. Lately I kind of exude a lack of care in anything but my own reality in life. Maybe that is why.

I am looking forwards to celebrating hubby and my wedding anniversary this coming weekend. Definitely, learning about and discussing poly has deepened our relationship and enhanced our communication even beyond where it already was (which was good).

I look forwards also to seeing what adventures (romantic and in other fields) that life will bring to us!

WOW! What a great weekend away with pretty much our entire tribe. PN, RP, LB and I headed down to the poly camp just outside of Olympia. The venue was perfect, with a warm lake, lots of privacy and plenty of space for all. Derby and her family were there, as well as Geminigirl and some other locals who made the trip. There were 180 people there, but it was the most relaxing camping trip of the year. I didn't attend any workshops or do a whole lot of poly talking, but instead just swam and hung out with a few new friends. The atmosphere was completely inviting and the food was excellent. :)

We left and made a trip to the Space Needle with LB for a late birthday present. When we got home I discovered a flood in my suite, so now the floor is being replaced and I will be hanging out upstairs for a while. RP and PN really helped me a lot. It is good to have so much loving family to draw upon in times of need. :)

My husband met my boyfriend

and they get along great! I just had to share because I am relatively new to polyamory. My husband and I have dated women in the past, but I didn't know how he would handle my being with another man. Well, I've been seeing J for a few weeks now (not a long time, I know), and when he came to pick me up, he and my husband chatted FOREVER. I actually had to pull J away from DH so we could leave! I'm so happy that they are so comfortable around each other; I imagined it being much more awkward.:D

Cool!

The one I call "FarawaySweetie" (see River's Blog) isn't officially my "girlfriend" 'cause we've yet to meet face to face, but we're really really good, close friends who share a romantic attraction toward one another, and just love one another so much. Anyway, she and my longtime partner, Kevin, have been exchanging email and talking on the phone. And they seem to really enjoy one another's company; and there is growing affection between them. So I know just what you mean. It feels good, don't it?

River's Blog: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3090

Last edited:
It feels almost...unreal. I can't believe it's working out so well, especially since we live in such a conservative area where being poly is unheard of. I'm ecstatic!

Back