Outed!

Lemondrop

Soooo...wife #2 and I met at a homeschool co-op we belong to. She was on the phone with one of the other members, whom I'll call M, last night and made a comment about things being crazy in her life and maybe someday she'd tell M about it. M apparently said, "Oh do you mean about the polyamory thing? Oh we've all known about it for a year and we're all okay with it."

A year? We've only known for sure ourselves for about a month. I wish they would have told us. I guess we've been outed!

So it was obvious to everybody else that you were gonna end up together before it became obvious to you? That's a tale to polish up for the grandchildren.

Definitely! I guess we all put out vibes and didn't know. It sure explains some things that the other moms have been giggling about! :rolleyes: But I've also been thinking, wow, how wonderful that our friends could accept it without even being asked!

People are often more "intuitive" than we give them/us credit for.

AMEN!! We were so surprised when we told our friends about our lifestyle. Didn't lose a single one! :) Some don't get it, but they at least respect it and accept it. That's really all I could ask for.

luckily we (well my BF and GF1 and me) are involved in another alternative lifetyle as well - but since i've only been on the scene with them the last couple of months - we still odd looks from some of our friends - especially when like GF1 and me will be at one event with him and GF2 and GF1 another event (this happened last week as i was down for the count with a migraine).

LOL We think it's funny when people outside of our circle see the three of us together. We make no bones about what we are and therefore we are affectionate in public. It's humorous when people start whispering when they see me kiss each of them, or hold their hands. We're an open book and wish that more people would ask questions, but until they do we're gonna continue blowing their minds. LOL

LOL We think it's funny when people outside of our circle see the three of us together. We make no bones about what we are and therefore we are affectionate in public. It's humorous when people start whispering when they see me kiss each of them, or hold their hands. We're an open book and wish that more people would ask questions, but until they do we're gonna continue blowing their minds. LOL

Man I could only dream about a society where this would be totally normal and common for everyone to share love and intimacy like that :D

Man I could only dream about a society where this would be totally normal and common for everyone to share love and intimacy like that :D

I know what you mean Oliver. It definately sucks that there are people that stare and make comments, but I think a healthy dose of I don't give a f*ck helps. My wives and I life our life the way we choose to live our life. No one pays our bills other than us therefore their opinions mean nothing. And that extends to our families as well.

Why deny yourself what makes you happy because someone else doesn't agree?? Yeah, I can't answer that question either. :)

I know what you mean Oliver. It definately sucks that there are people that stare and make comments, but I think a healthy dose of I don't give a f*ck helps. My wives and I life our life the way we choose to live our life. No one pays our bills other than us therefore their opinions mean nothing. And that extends to our families as well.

Why deny yourself what makes you happy because someone else doesn't agree?? Yeah, I can't answer that question either. :)

Oh no I fully agree, and I don't care much either what others think. But I was imagining a world where everyone was polyamourous sharing the love, helping and caring for eachother :)

It's called Heaven Oliver. :-D

"It definately sucks that there are people that stare and make comments, but I think a healthy dose of I don't give a f*ck helps. My wives and I life our life the way we choose to live our life. No one pays our bills other than us therefore their opinions mean nothing. And that extends to our families as well. Why deny yourself what makes you happy because someone else doesn't agree?? Yeah, I can't answer that question either."

I/we would so like to be in this place, but alas not there yet. Small town talk, high profile business, elderly mother still living with us, 3rds divorce wounds that are still too fresh and children in college who wouldn't quite yet understand. Maybe next year? Thanks for giving me hope, Danny!

Last edited:
It was my pleasure Mark, and I'm glad that I can give you hope through our stories. My wife and I weren't always out about our lifestyle. That only came about when we lost our first gf. I felt HORRIBLE that we had to hide our relationship and our love from our families. That was never going to happen again.

You guys will come out when the time is right for you all. You may not come out at all, so long as you all are happy with the situation, that's all that matters. Plain and simple. :)

I've had this happen as well, on the subway i was with both my boys and just being lovey-huggy-kissy with both of them, these guys across from us were staring and talking. oooh well. no worries from me.

I'd like to see a lot more public displays of affection of this kind. >sigh<

... and someone needs to make a movie/film with a V or a triad as the main characters! :)

Yesterday I went with Redpepper, her husband and their son to a local island to look at some property for them. Her husband grew up on the island and he enjoyed showing me his old neighbourhood. I met his father and step mother as well although I am considered a friend with both their parents.

Throughout the day we rotated the car seating so each of us got to talk with each other as well as spend time with their son. On the ferry ride, Redpepper sat between us at one point and had her arm around both of us. I didn't even look for people's response..simply because I don't care. As long as her husband is comfortable and it is not so obvious to confuse her son I am fine with it.

At one point we were having a picnic styled lunch and it really struck me how natural and wonderful all of us together feels. Her husband is someone I could have a deep friendship with in any case. Getting to know him is just another gift Redpepper and polyamory has given me. Her son wanted me to spend the night again LOL so I am feeling very good about my presence in regards to his well being. Redpepper's family is starting to ask more questions about me which is humorous and kind of nerve wracking!

Feeling how good this is did stir up some fears of me screwing it up due to my mono nature but discussing things with Redpepper once again made me feel comfortable and safe.
I am on an amazing and fulfilling journey..we all are..I feel blessed in so many ways!!

Back