Realizing that I really am Polyamourous.

redpepper

The other day my husband was cold while we were at the beach. He wore Mono's jacket that he left in the car to keep himself warm. I took a picture of him as it was an odd moment when my two men came together as one,... almost.

I was surprised that I didn't feel relief that the possibility of loving one could be there if their attributes were merged. I actually felt a sense of loss. I love the situation just as it is. I would be missing something if I didn't get to love both of them separately.. I was surprised... I guess I really am Poly :D

I don't care what you are and I don't have to understand how your heart works...I simply love you.

One day last week Violet and our 3rd went shopping - things were still getting off the ground, feeling the situation out, etc... They got back, and wanted to show me the shirts they'd bought. OK, show me what you bought, I'll watch you show it off...

And Vi pulls out this black tank with white letters that say "I LOVE my boyfriend".

Awe - that's so sweet!

And then Anne pulls out a white one with black letters, same shirt.

And they stood next to each other with these big grins, holding up those shirts that they'd picked out together without me, while sstill deciding how we were going to work all this, and I knew my life was changed forever and for the better.

:)

Wow! Fasten your seat belts, ladies and gentlemen!

So is it a triad or a V? Are they involved with each other? They should have "...and my girlfriend" emblazoned on the back of those shirts if they are.

I'll answer but I don't want to derail redpepper's thread with details about our relationship; please check mine or Violets posts in Introductions or we can find an appropriate thread. It started as a V although both girls acknowledged an interest and attraction for one another before Anne admitted to liking me as more than a friend or I paying attention to my feelings for her. So they had a head start, but it went V for a split second while Anne and I got on track, got a little eggshells while she wrapped her brain around her feelings and Violet and I tried to hold back and not overwhelm her, and now it's more or less a full triad as the comfort level has just climbed and climbed. Hopethat was clearer than I think it looks, lol.

I read the OP and it made me think of that day (I will never forget it, one of those emblazoned forever things) and I figured others would have similar "moments" to share so I'd let go with one. Since this is so new and exciting for us, there have been many others, but that one was huge. So start with the sappy poly moments already! This could be an awesome thread! :)

Oh - and the "and my girlfriend" comment - AWESOME!

Just re-read all that and realized you weren't asking about our relationship, merely commenting that if they were involved the T-shirt idea would work, lol. That's what I get for doing too much at once!

Back