Weight loss support

The "serious medical issues" were lack-of-exercise-syndrome and too-much-midnight-snacking-itis.

Although I was on Depo-provera some years back and I'm sure that helped me retain weight, but I've been off the Depo longer than I was on it so it's not a valid excuse.

Ahhh, I too am affected by those "serious medical conditions" too, NK! :p Those habits are hard to break, but I've been doing better with them. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm trying to figure out what a realistic and healthy goal is by the end of August when we celebrate our anniversary. Thats about 3 1/2 months away and I hope that I can drop at least 20 pounds by then.

I never share my weight, but hell, it might help me stay focused and committed to it if I share and then commit myself to getting that number down just so I can brag here, heh. I currently weight 222 as of yesterday. The heaviest I've ever weighed :( I'm 5'4 and I've always been petite and thin. I was a ballerina for 14 years and actively rode horses, but I had a really bad accident while show jumping one day and I was laid up for a year and gained over 50 pounds in the year and never took them off, so I've been accumulating more on top of it.

I know I will get there. I know I can do this. Gym tonight for sure. I debated on not going cuz he was potentially going to meet the girl he's been talking to and I would just have no time with him before he leaves if I did that, but he's still got cold feet and said he's not going, so off to the gym I go.

I know I will get there. I know I can do this. Gym tonight for sure.

Gaud, working out at the gym is so fucking boring. I've tried to try it, but it takes two hours to do the kind of cardio, stretch, and weights like I like to do, and it's such a waste of time. I used to ride a bike everywhere I needed to go, and that was more than enough exercise. I should rig up a system that charges batteries whenever you pedal a bike... but my bike is broken right now and needs to go to the shop. Besides, it's too far to ride the bike to work anyway.

The worst part is having to cut a walk short because I have to pee :eek:

Oh I've totally been there! That and having to find a potty RIGHT NOW because the "sleeping toddler" in the stroller wakes up needing to pee RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!

Well today it's official - I lost 20 pounds since my hysterectomy! I got weighed at my annual exam and it's on record - 172 pounds! I knew I was losing because I've been weighing myself at home, and it was down to like 165 last week .....

Wooo-hoooo Neon!

The "serious medical issues" were lack-of-exercise-syndrome and too-much-midnight-snacking-itis.

Shit! I have that too!!! Must be an epidemic! :p

LOL!!! Dontcha hate when that happens? I've done that too. I usually walk around the harbor where I live through this abandoned hotel and restaurant property. I swear, I've almost considered squatting behind a bush once or twice just so I could keep walking, but I never get the courage and just get home as quick as I can without bursting!:p

Maybe that's why some people do that silly looking run/walk thing? ;)

I'm trying to figure out what a realistic and healthy goal is by the end of August when we celebrate our anniversary. Thats about 3 1/2 months away and I hope that I can drop at least 20 pounds by then.

I think having a goal or a deadline is a great idea. You can do it!

OK, I didn't figure out a work out schedule or pick up workout pants. Insane week at work.

All right, trying again..

So my goals remain the same for next week.

Gaud, working out at the gym is so fucking boring. I've tried to try it, but it takes two hours to do the kind of cardio, stretch, and weights like I like to do, and it's such a waste of time. I used to ride a bike everywhere I needed to go, and that was more than enough exercise. I should rig up a system that charges batteries whenever you pedal a bike... but my bike is broken right now and needs to go to the shop. Besides, it's too far to ride the bike to work anyway.

Yeah, I loathe the gym too. It is soooo damn boring to run in place for 30 mins. I prefer to get my exercise in by getting out in the open, which I did today and got in a nice walk around the harbor. So pretty, saw a sea lion playing, lots of pelicans diving for fish and starfish along the rocks. Far better scenery than the muscle obsessed freaks at the gym.

On another note though, I am thinking of getting a personal trainer once or twice a week. Found an awesome lady who is gonna give me a great deat, I think like $20 or $25 for a hour session. It will be nice to have someone help me formulate a healthy plan to get the weight off and show me different exercises to do with weights since I'm pretty dumb in that area.

Lets all keep up the good work ladies!! *hugs*

OK, I didn't figure out a work out schedule or pick up workout pants. Insane week at work.

All right, trying again..

So my goals remain the same for next week.

For me the hardest thing was sticking to saying I'm going to do it. It was 6 months between the last time I hit the gym and when I did earlier this week. Now I've gone 2 days and got in a nice walk outside and I'm making sure to take the stairs and not cheat by taking the elevator. You can do it! If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. You'll make that schedule and get those pants. Balancing work, life and working out really sucks :( Wouldn't it be nice if we could just snap our fingers..or rub a genie lamp and "poof" all would be taken care of?

Trying to decide if I should risk walking 3 days in a row. I'm afraid that my ankle muscles are going to start cramping up again if I push too hard in the beginning. It takes months of weird streches and only being able to walk for about 10 minutes to get past it. So I'm sitting here streching and lifting weights while I debate with myself.

Hauled ass home, had a great fast walk. Nce to see the sun, sick to death of rain. Always nice to see those pretty mountains as I walk around.

One of these days if I care I will join the gym, need to get ready for mountain biking. Need to get my body a lil better so I dont injure myself throwing my bike off of mountains haha.

I suck at diets. When I am stressed my stomach jumps and churns and I don't eat. When I am happy I eat well. Never seem to find an in between. Dieting...or eating right was much easier in my early 20s.

Trying to decide if I should risk walking 3 days in a row. I'm afraid that my ankle muscles are going to start cramping up again if I push too hard in the beginning. It takes months of weird streches and only being able to walk for about 10 minutes to get past it. So I'm sitting here streching and lifting weights while I debate with myself.

Take a SHORT walk, do EXTRA stretching and life your weights.

The body actually builds muscle during the REST time between workouts-not during the workouts.
SO rest (if not abused) is JUST as important as work.

Take a "rest walk" that is 1/4 to 1/2 your normal length and do it a little slower. ;)

So I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose but I have been noticing that my pants are getting tight so I want to nip it in the bud. I just need to go back to some very basic changes. I'm going to start drinking water at work (after my one cup of coffee in the morning) rather than drinking coffee all day and I'm going to have a piece of fruit after derby rather than going straight for the ice cream or cheese.

I'm pretty sure I'm active enough although I would like to keep track of doing something active every day. I don't have a weight goal (because I don't know what I weigh in the first place) but I would like to be comfortable in my clothes again and maybe cut down on the jiggle in my belly and hips.

Take a SHORT walk, do EXTRA stretching and life your weights.

This is what I did! 1/2 hour streching with weights and 1/2 hour walk. So far so good :D

Tonight I'm going to make my kid strech with me, he's having pain due to flat feet and super tight muscles, so the doctor gave him streches to do in addition to the shoe inserts.

That's awesome Ari!

I walked down to get the car with the littlest one today. We didn't go particularly fast, she wasn't in the mood to run. But, it's about a mile. :)

I ran my first 10K ever today. What I learnt is that my body can do 5K no problem and probably about 8 comfortably. I'm going to be feeling my legs tomorrow. What I'm thinking is that one day on the weekend I should go for a run. It's an accessible activity that I just don't tend to do.

Way to go Ari, nycindie and Derby!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I walked 1.5 miles yesterday. My knee is hurting today - but I'm hoping, weather permiting, to walk 2 miles today. If it rains - then I'll do the Wii. I'm still down a few pounds - but I haven't yet gotten my emotional eating under control. I also need to remember/force myself to drink water.

Keep up the great work everyone!! :)

I did a 5k with my sister Saturday (mostly walk, some run). 40 min 29 sec.

I walked 2.7 miles to Maca's Sunday morning. Didn't time it-but I know it was less than 40 minutes.

Today I'm aiming to get a walk in at somepoint, but not this point. ;)

Great job everybody!

Kicking ass Derby!!!

Great job LR! I'm thinking about walking a 5K on Mothers Day - I'm a little nervous though.

Weather was beautiful this afternoon and my knee stopped hurting - so I walked in the park for 45 mi. My pedometer stopped working but I think I walked between 1.5 and 2 miles. I'll try the pedometer again tomorrow taking the same route.

Now off to make dinner . . .

Back