Distance and Travel time

Tang

I have recently met a couple on OKC and we seem to be on the right track as far as building that bond. However, they live 4 hours away almost 5, and my car broke down. I wouldn't feel comfortable if they came to see me because they have a new little girl and that's a far way for that baby.

IDK what to do, do I just wait until... something happens when we can meet or what?

How about fixing your car?
Sorry, it sounds obvious, but I don't really see the issue.

If that is not possible right now, what's wrong with train/bus, or simply wait until you can get your car fixed? If the connection is there, it will likely still be there in a few weeks.

I've been told that water in my engine is pretty much it. I will however hope however that, my relation ship will last

It's really sweet of you to think about them in that way. Some babies handle car trips extremely well and I'm sure they know that about their baby. If they feel like they want to come, let them. Otherwise, just explain to them what happened, keep talking and connecting and eventually you'll have the opportunity to meet. :)

If I were you, I'd Skype and have phone conversations frequently to see if you really would hit it off, before considering making such a long trip. But I'm the type of person who does not prefer to be in LDRs, though I've tried.

Also, you said in another thread that you find very few poly people local to you on OKC - but that may be that you are limiting yourself needlessly by searching only for poly people. There are plenty of people who would be open to poly who have never even heard of the word, or who choose not to identify as poly in their profile. So, use the Questions people answer to find them, not just the keyword "poly" (and its various forms).

Last edited:
Back