The Voyages of Starship Enigmatic

BoringGuy

Banned
What is this shit I keep seeing? Someone please try to explain it to me so I can understand. Every message board I have joined or lurked on seems to get this, so it isn't peculiar to this site.

Forum about polyamory: "I probably don't belong here. I am into recreational sex/swinging/cheating and my partners don't know about each other and don't tell their other partners about me." :confused:

Forum about being child-free: "I probably don't belong here. I don't have any kids now, but as soon as I find a person willing to inseminate my ovum, I plan to have at least one child. But I really like being child-free!" :confused:

Forum about vegan cooking: "I probably don't belong here. I'm usually vegan, but sometimes I eat chicken and fish. Anybody got any good vegan recipes with chicken or fish in them?"

Etc.

Why do people do this, then get bent out of shape when folks try to explain to them that they made an error in their understanding of "vegan", "childfree", or "polyamorous"? Why do other people get bent at the people who try to explain it to them? Why do people go on forums ASKING for rejection, then get all boo-hoo-sniff-you're-judging-me-and-you-don't-even-KNOW-me when they get what they ask for?

These are the voyages of the Starship Enigmatic... It's continuing mission: to explore strange new words; to seek out new paths toward alienation; to boldly go where no one has ever heard of Wikipedia before.

DUN, dun-dun-DUN, dun-Dun-DUN! Da-da-da-DUN-dun-dun, dun-dun-dun-DUN....

Last edited:
Its good for the health of a community to have a few "non-demographic" members.

Perhaps these people are on secret missions to test us? They want to find out how we handle an addition that makes no sense. :)

There's no 'you must be this tall' sign for admittance to the interwebz. :p

Bg wasnt taking issues with the odd person joining.
It was with that lerson getting their panties in a wad when they couldnt get advice that went contradictive to said board.

Non-vegan joins vegan board=great.
Non-vegan gets pissy they cant get nonvegan recipes on vegan site=stupid.

Fantastic rant BG, I am really coming to like your style of conversation lololol.

Seriously, I agree with you. The other one that bothers me is when the people that show up like that not only get pissy when you provide them with some much needed direction, then they try and convince you that they are right about it. Like walking into a book club and telling everyone they should have louder music at a party.
'If you want people to dance you need to play some club music in here.
um, this is book club
yeah, but more people will like it my way, you should do that.

no, but there should be a 'you must be this smart to log on' sign on it

There is. You must be able to spell your username, and remember at least one password.

Seriously, I agree with you. The other one that bothers me is when the people that show up like that not only get pissy when you provide them with some much needed direction, then they try and convince you that they are right about it.

I generally like the tone used on this forum when giving direction/advice to others.... the level of frank discussion one needs to engage in poly relationships is one of the best aspects of the poly way, in my humble opinion.

Back