Compersion Suddenly Hits a Wall

Nre

And can I just state for the record that its fucking hard to deal with you partners' NRE when it was so recently directed at you. It's hard to keep talking myself down from the insecurity of not being important to MD when she is so wrapped up in the newness of FJ. argh

The good news is, NRE tends to settle down after awhile. So you and FJ will soon be on about the same level where MD is concerned. Just don't hesitate to mention when you need some attention or feel left out.

Thank you

I may just have to start a blog here because I find myself wanting to update. Posting here has been very helpful, as has reading through others' stories. I keep focusing on the incredible bond that MD and I have and focusing in nurturing each separate relationship. I am now on a previously planned week long trip with MD, our girls and her mom. It should be fun, although not romantic considering we are not out to her mom. Here's to growing and learning.

A blog sounds like a good idea. Hope your trip goes well.

Feeling better

The trip was great, I really got a lot of reassurance about MD's feelings for me. We got to hold hands openly in a Wal-Mart lol. Super classy, but hey, we can't be open publicly where we live so this was a big deal and I was on cloud 9.

We've since had another threesome since we returned, and I was much more comfortable, and even left the room so the 2 of them could enjoy each other. We focused on MD, and she had a great time.

Today I'm battling the insecurities that are bubbling to the surface, reassuring myself since the 2 of them have done plenty of reassuring. I don't want to be the needy, co-dependent one.

I kind of want them to have alone time and get it out of the way so I can just deal with it and move on. Not sure if this is a bad idea or not.

Ultimately I love them both so very much, and MD really touches a part of me I didn't realize I needed touched. It's a great feeling, and extremely scary at the same time. I read on a thread somewhere here, it's like having my heart walking around outside of my body. But as a friend who was counseling me said, I could bail because of fear, or live it until I get there. I'm choosing living it until I get there. One battle at a time.

Sounds like you are handling it pretty much the best way possible. Keep us posted.

Back