Poly Couple in Colorado

BlackbirdDenver

Hello...

So, a little about me. My name is Shannon, I live in Denver. My partner Ben and I have been together for 11 years, happily married for 5. We have two awesome little girls, and to most people we're living the American dream... the standard "high school sweethearts get married, buy a house, have two kids, live happily ever after" type of story. Except for that I've recently realized that Ben is the only man on the planet that I'm attracted to, and I'm really REALLY into women.

We've always been very open in our communication with each other, and me being involved with a woman was something we'd talked about in depth before, but it was always a "wouldn't that be cool" type of thing. Until I discovered that I was really into my best girl friend. I talked with Ben about my feelings and he encouraged my friend and I to explore them. We fooled around, I LOVED every moment of it, and my husband admitted that he was attracted to her too. It was fantastic, Ben was there for most of my interactions with her, and the three of us were all able to openly discuss all of our feelings.

Since then, my friend decided to pursue a different monogomous relationship with another woman, and we've remained great friends.... but Ben and I really got a taste of what a polyamorous situation would be like and that it's something we REALLY wanted to pursue. Since this all unfolded, Ben has also come to the realization that he's bisexual as well and that he'd also like to branch out into same sex encounters.

I guess that's it in a nutshell, and it brings us to where we are now. We're discovering that everyone's definition of polyamory is different, and realizing that we may have a hard time finding another woman or couple that will work with us... Bottom line, we are very happy in our relationship with each other, and we want both of us to be involved with everything that happens. We're not unhappy and looking for something better, we just realize that humans by nature are not monogomous, and that there are healthy, safe ways to explore our sexuality without destroying our marriage.

We also really like the term "PollyWog..." and that's where we are. We're very new to this, and we're interested to meet other like minded people, and see how different people make this work. It's really nice to know we're not alone.

Back