A Question I am sure gets asked a lot..

Nora

I should have read thru some other posts but I kind of like to lay out my situation and get personalized feedback :p I am 29 and I can't say that Poly was ever a lifestyle that crossed my mind. I recently met a guy who is living poly and he is amazing. I really feel comfortable with him, we connect, we laugh, etc. Everything I would want in a relationship thus far. He knows I am not poly and we have talked about what it means to him and he, of course, lets me ask questions and is very open and honest. I am sure I have the same fear most have in my situation. We recently spent the weekend together and at dinner we had the serious talk. He said he was very into me and would love to have a relationship with me but knows I am still not 100% comfortable. He said he wants to move forward with a possibility of an "us" and will do whatever it takes to ease me into it, as long as I am okay with everything. I guess my question is where do we go from here. I mean it sounds like a simple question that has an answer but for some reason I am at a loss for what to do to get me over my fears. We already openly talk about everything and I know when he is going out on a date etc.. my mind still is not as ease. I consider myself pretty open minded and I really do like him and feel that I am not "scared" away by poly.. but I am not sure if I will be able to handle it later on as the relationship progresses. I really like him and would hate to let him slip away because I was afraid over something that could easily be resolved. Any suggestions or tips or just over all conversation would be appreciated.

Yeppin-you need to do a search of the board and start reading. There are links galore on how to manage insecurity, jealousy, envy etc. many with concrete steps to take and tools to use.

Back