wandering thoughts on living, loving, and learning

BrigidsDaughter

So I guess I'm finally doing it. I'm not much of a blogger, but here goes.

I guess I'd better start off by introducing myself in some way. (See I told you I wasn't very good at this.) Brigid's Daughter is the name I chose for myself because it represents 2 important things about me; the goddess that I revere and that I am a daughter. I am also a wife, mother, and girlfriend.

Runic Wolf and I celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary 13 days after I turned 30 and 30 days after our son, Yoda, turned 10. I've been with my boyfriend, Wendigo, for 2 1/2 years. Two years and two months ago, we brought Wendigo's wife, Pretty Lady into the mix and became a quad. Sometimes it feels like longer, sometimes it feels like it can't possibly have been 2 1/2 years ago. I'm bisexual, but in many ways, Pretty Lady is my first and I am definitely her first and getting either of us to make any moves is akin to pulling teeth, we're so tentative with each other, but I'm getting ahead of myself a bit.

Like many of the poly stories we've all heard. I didn't come to poly the pure way. I made mistakes, we all did, I got caught up in NRE, lied to Runic Wolf when I absolutely didn't have to, because I didn't know how to admit that our best friend had built himself a room in my heart before I'd even hired the contractor so to speak. Wendigo and I thought we were going into the situation with our eyes wide open, discussed all the possibilities for weeks before coming to our initial agreement and we still fell prey to NRE... perhaps because it had been so long since we'd experienced it we'd forgotten how crazy it could be. In the end there were tears, there was tons of communication between him, Runic Wolf, and myself (and between he and Pretty Lady), and there was forgiveness. Trust has been rebuilt, but I've learned that doesn't mean that the work can end.

I honestly was terrified of talking to Pretty Lady at first and so our first real conversation was several months later than it should have been. But I explained to her my own personal view of poly.

I dug this out of our first e-mail:

"I believe that you can love more than one person in different ways. I also personally believe that there are people who are fated to come into your life. That those people each carry with them a piece of your heart, but only one person carries the other part of your soul. I found my soul mate in Runic Wolf and there are people, like Wendigo and Stew that hold a piece of my heart. I'd be less of who I am without them in my life. There are a handful of people that I've adopted - they called out to me on a psychic level. But Wendigo's the first person that I adopted without meaning to. Over the last year he's become one of the most important people in my life and I believe that would still be true even if we'd never slept together."

That was followed by my feeble attempts to express my attraction to her. And I'm still hopelessly terrible at that.... I can tell Runic Wolf and Wendigo my fantasies about her, but in the time in-between our infrequent encounters I forget how to flirt with her. Which sucks, because I miss her ALOT.

Just today I was thinking that I wanted to write her a letter; it's almost Wendigo's birthday again and we never did talk about what went wrong last year. Wendigo and I talked it to death and I know she was right beside him while we were chatting, but I guess I need reassurance. She's been so busy since then, she had just started an editing job and had 2 books to write as well, and then there was the family stuff, so I understand and I know she misses me, because she tells me so on fb every so often or in e-mails (always in reply to mine because neither of them are any good at initiating e-mails), but I wonder if she misses me in *that* way.... the way I miss the taste of her and the feel of her skin under my nails. I almost got up the nerve to ask today, but then Wendigo contacted me on skype and used my birth name, which everyone who knows me is only pulled out when something is serious, wrong, or both.

My first response was "ok, you used my full name, do I need to brace myself over here?" His reply was that things have come to a head and their living situation has gotten bad enough that Pretty Lady and her sister are in screaming matches. So when I go to pick him up Monday he isn't sure where that will be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them, to find an apartment. Somewhere they will have their own room AND be allowed to leave it. Right now they live in the master bedroom and their son shares a room with his 2 cousins. Not the most ideal environment, but it was supposed to be temporary. That Pretty Lady wants to move out is saying something, she's been adamant about staying on the family land so as to make sure it isn't' foreclosed on for the whole length of our relationship.

When their house collapsed, we offered them our basement for their room and Runic Wolf offered to give up his office for their son to sleep in. While I would love to live with them, I know how important it is for their son to stay in his school district - he's helped bring his school's drill team for JROTC to several championships and I wouldn't want to take that away from him. Though the idea of them having their own place intrigues me; it has been so long since the days when I'd arrive to pick Wendigo up and find him in just a towel or robe at his computer; Pretty Lady typing away at her keyboard in her office. I miss having that for them. And it would be nice to go to their house on Friday nights again.

Runic Wolf has been working his ass off this past week. Twelve hours yesterday; eleven today; still trying to make time with our family even though he's exhausted and in pain. I admire him so much! He takes such good care of me. I've been holding back on pouncing him for days, in part because I'm afraid I'll break him.

The only thing I really struggle with, internally, is how to deal with situations where Runic Wolf and I don't get sexy time for one reason or another and then suddenly it's the day I see Wendigo and I want to have sexy time with him, because it has been a couple weeks (usually). Sometimes I hold back from Wendigo because I don't feel that it will be fair to Runic Wolf. But that isn't really fair to Wendigo, though I know he will wait and watch if I decide to pounce Runic Wolf first. And it isn't that we can't go for weeks or months without having sex because we can and we have, but sometimes I just don't want to AND sometimes, I want the guys to pounce me. I don't care if they talk it over ahead of time, but every once in a while I want them to seduce me, tease me, tag team me, or just tie me up and beat me silly. :eek:

But this isn't the time of year for that. It's the time of year for exhausted husbands, stressed out lovers all around, and me wanting to take care of them all as best I can.

Wendigo, Runic Wolf, and I spent about 13 hours together yesterday. We got some work done in the workshop; them on the belts that Runic Wolf is making for sale and me on a leather hooded mantle that I'm hoping to sell on e-bay.

When I picked him up, he looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders and we talked. It took me a while, but I've learned that when he's ready to talk, he'll come to me, but if I push he'll won't. On the way to our place, he filled me in on what's been going on at his place. It's gotten bad - he likened their relationship with her sister to getting in a car accident with someone and having them follow you home and kill all your pets. Ofcourse you wouldn't want to exchange insurance information with them after that. To make matters worse, she's invading their privacy to come in and scream in Pretty Lady's face AND Pretty Lady has been very ill this week and had to drag herself to the health center. Her blood oxygen level was at 92%; 94% is the danger warning zone. They gave her albuterol in straight oxygen and a shot of antibiotics. She has bronchitis and is on 4 different medications. Wendigo says the stress of their situation has her throwing up the antiobiotics; which of course has me worried for her. They are formulating an exit strategy; one that won't leave their nephews out in the cold; so all I can do is hope and pray for the best.

I love them both, but I understand why they won't take us up on an offer to live with us; maybe if we had a house and everyone could have a real bedroom and Pretty Lady could have an office again, but our town house really isn't big enough for 6. Still, it was hard to take Wendigo home last night. After the rest of the guys left, he stretched out on the couch and fell asleep; while I sat between him and Runic Wolf and rested my head on his chest. After and hour, I realized I had to get him home so we could all get some sleep. Kissing him awake always works, even if I did almost fall off the couch when Runic Wolf was coming back down the stairs; silly me putting me knee where there was no couch.

The ride home was pretty silent. I hate silence, but knew he didn't want to talk about himself anymore, so I talked about some of the funny stories people were telling on facebook from my elementary school days. He didn't even dare hug me in the driveway last night since his sister in law was home and he didn't want to set her off again.

I think we'll all be much happier when they've got their own place again. Wendigo might even be able to get a job again; though I'm not too thrilled at the options available for him - almost all of them are overnight which makes it hard to have game night around, but it does free up the daytime when the kids are at school for one on one time. But when I think about that, I feel guilty for thinking selfishly about the benefits I could get out of it.

So, it's been a while since I've posted. There have been some changes going into this new year; our relationship with Pretty Lady has ended, but the friendship remains. I won't say that I'm not disappointed, but I understand and respect her reasoning.

I've noticed a change in myself too; I am no longer afraid to express who I am and have stopped caring if people accept me or not; this goes for poly and for being kinky. Tuesday, Runic Wolf and I spent the day with Wendigo. It was intense, being loved by the two of them again. . . .teeth, nails, spankings *shivers*. . . . I was a very happy lady. Afterwards, we just hung out, laying on the couch talking; Wendigo and I browsed the internet for corset armor ideas for this year's Dagorhir season, while Runic Wolf and Yoda played Skylanders. :) After Yoda went to bed, we played Words with Friends, watched Runic Wolf play Space Marine and I introduced Wendigo to this board and The Bird Cage. I'm not sure if he will be joining us here or not, but he's more of a lurker than a poster anyway.

Wednesday we joined FetLife; Runic Wolf has been on there for a couple years now, so he finds it funny that we're "in NRE with a website", but at the same time it lead to a couple good discussions about what my kinks actually are. So who knows, maybe we'll hit up a few local poly munches or a few BDSM munches. I'm keeping myself open to any possibilities; hoping that Runic Wolf will do the same. I really do want him to find someone who isn't afraid of him being married AND who shares some of the kinks that I don't. A wife can hope, can't she?

It's been a rough couple of weeks. My back and shoulder pain is back with a vengeance or so it seems. I guess Wendigo was right when he said calling attention to the lack of pain would jinx it. :( He's been in alot of physical pain too after throwing out his back a couple weeks ago.

We had a good time last Friday drinking and hanging out with friends we hadn't seen in a while and I got to wear Wendigo's coat; I was too warm after drinking for my faux fur lined coat, but shivering on the smoking porch w/o one. It's been a while (2+ years) since I've worn any of his clothes and it was a subtle way he could show affection for me in public.

Unfortunately, Runic Wolf and I got bad financial news in the mail when we woke up the next morning, which pretty much killed the good energy we'd had from the night before. Thankfully, a friend pulled through for us and loaned us the money to make ends meet. There's even a chance I'll get my car back next week now. :)

Runic Wolf and I are weathering the storm the way we always do; holding onto each other for dear life at times; but we're strong and loved. Wendigo was here Monday and we cuddled a bit, but he hasn't been sleeping well and his back was hurting, so we didn't have our usual post game cuddles with teasing and conversation. I miss it, but I understand. Things have been pretty stressful at home and he always worries that he'll rely on us too much for emotional support and now he's sick, so it will be a few more days before we see him.

I'm excited for workshop days next week and looking forward to the possibility of fighter practice starting up again. We've got a poly munch next Saturday and a battle on Sunday to look forward to too. Over all, life goes on, poly is just part of it, a part of me.

So nice that you have your own blog finally, and sorry to hear about PrettyLady :(. Nothing much more to say, just keep posting when you can!

Thanks BU! Guess it's about time for an update. Runic Wolf has been seeing someone for almost 2 weeks. Wow, has time flown. She's someone we meet about a year ago at a poly munch; but he reconnected with after they were matched on OKCupid. What is funny about it is that while they were getting to know each other online, she and I were planning the latest poly munch. . . . they had their first date the night before the munch and it was an 8 hour date. :) The munch was awesome as well and we ended up going back to her place with her hubby to meet the family and have some drinks with her sisters. We ended up staying until noon the next day. So far things have been going really well. She and her husband came and stayed with us from last Thurs until Sunday. Her sister brought her boys over to play with our son Saturday and they all had fun. :)

Both her and her husband are awesome people that I can see in our lives for a while and damn, is she hot and bi too! I was pleasantly surprised that she was interested in me too and not just for threesomes with Runic Wolf. She hasn't had a girlfriend in 2 years, but she is also still inlove with her last gf, so she understands me still having feelings for Pretty Lady. We're having a sewing date on Friday after I get off work and she and Runic Wolf have a date while I'm at work.

Today I had a long date with Wendigo. We made cheese cake, flirted in the kitchen all day, had sex while Runic Wolf and Yoda were at Yoda's schools puberty talk/ video night, sat out on the porch in the nice weather while we talked, smoked, and watched the stars rise. Then we made a ham for dinner for the 4 of us, had a friend over for game, cuddled, and I passed out in a food coma while he and Runic Wolf talked comics. I awoke to them talking about Star Wars and got ready to take Wendigo home. We ended up sitting in his driveway for half an hour chatting about an online RPG he's in and how things are going.

Only downside to my awesome day/ week is that I now have insomnia and have to get up and ready for work in like 6 hours.

Last edited:
Had a discussion with Runic Wolf and Wendigo the other night about some of the advice given here on the forum and the disconnect we see between the older generations of poly peeps and the younger ones concerning moving in.

As someone who has had friends crashing on my couch for short to long periods of time; some of whom I would occasionally fool around with. It perplexes me when I see people advising college aged poly peeps not to move in with each other. I don't see many people telling them to make a roommate agreement and go for it and it bothers me because our couch, house, etc has always been open for any friends or OSO's who needed a place to stay indefinitely. As Wendigo put it, your twenties are the perfect time to have those kinds of poly experiences, to experiment, and if it doesn't work out, you've still got your whole life infront of you. So why the big rush to advise against it? I am not saying not to have a conversation about it, but jump in, don't be afraid of what ifs because life is full of them and nothing is ever set in stone.

As Wendigo put it, your twenties are the perfect time to have those kinds of poly experiences, to experiment, and if it doesn't work out, you've still got your whole life infront of you. So why the big rush to advise against it? I am not saying not to have a conversation about it, but jump in, don't be afraid of what ifs because life is full of them and nothing is ever set in stone.

An interesting perspective. I think most of the advice against moving-in within few months or less comes from reading stories of triad fallouts where getting the "third person" out of the house fast enough for everyone to preserve their peace of mind would be impossible, unpractical and unethical. Like an unicorn moving in with her kids because she was between leases, shit hitting the fan and then the kids have to watch adults fighting because she can't get out fast enough, the couple who invited her in can't make their rent without her contribution, whatever.

Interesting thought about the roomie agreements.

I think it's that so many 20 somethings (especially 20-25) tend to have an unrealistic expectation to "moving in together". All they see is how perfect it will be and can't see the possible train wreck and therefore don't prepare for it. People moving in together as "roomies" will have a different mindset, they aren't expecting the "happily ever after" and will therefore treat the situation differently from the start.

I think it's that so many 20 somethings (especially 20-25) tend to have an unrealistic expectation to "moving in together". All they see is how perfect it will be and can't see the possible train wreck and therefore don't prepare for it. People moving in together as "roomies" will have a different mindset, they aren't expecting the "happily ever after" and will therefore treat the situation differently from the start.

And that is part of living and growing, whether mono or poly. I remember last week being confused when a newbie to this forum received advice that her boyfriends, who are good friends and metamors, shouldn't move in together as roommates. Why shouldn't they? They're friends, right? So they're sleeping with the same girl, what of it? What if she wanted to move in too, would that also be wrong? I don't think so.

It's not the same as a married couple moving in a unicorn and yes, they may have the unrealistic expectation that everything will be perfect, but isn't it for them to decide if it's worth the risk? It just seems to me that maybe we older polys are a bit quick to jump to conclusions and may be a bit harsh in our assumptions. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with asking them to think about things like who's responsibility is it to do what chores, who pays what bills, who spends which nights in who's bed, etc. but that's something I'd do with anyone moving in together. It's the X, Y, or Z happened to random couple Q over there and you're too young to know what's good for you, so I'll explain how couple Q failed at what you're attempting and you will too.

*shrugs*

My little sister is moving out of my parents house next weekend with her daughter. The father, who she was supposed to marry next month, decided he isn't ready to be a grown up and in his mono mind set picked the girl who he saw when he and my sister were fighting, because obviously if he could let another woman distract him from my sister, she was he one he was really supposed to be with. My sister has a male best friend and co-worker who has feelings for her and wants to be there to support her and my niece. My sister had some feelings for him too that she suppressed because she was engaged, now she is deciding to give it a chance and is moving him in with her and my niece next week. My parents are supportive of this and so am I. Why you ask? Because she's 19 years old and deserves the chance to try to make her life into what she wants it to be. Maybe M will grow up and come back to her someday, maybe he won't. Maybe J and she will end up married and he will raise M's daughter like his own. Who knows what the future holds, but for now, my sister is living and loving and learning about herself and what she wants and needs in a relationship and life. . . . and that is all we really can do.

About moving in together young: I was in a very adult mindset at the time, what with my mother having passed six months prior. It was circumstantial how it even came to be but when it did it worked for the most part, besides initial hiccups and adjustments.

It's understandable why people are hesitant to say "Go ahead" here though. I would've thought the same for myself had I still been a carefree well-balanced full-time college student at that point in time. Moving in and combining finances is a big deal.

Funny thing happened last Thursday after fighter practice. Loveleigh had just finished helping me out of my corset and Wendigo was struggling with getting out of his armor; there we were surrounded on all sides by people who don't know about us and she asked him if he wanted his girlfriend to help with that (meaning me). Wendigo answered the question w/o skipping a beat with something along the lines of at his age, he can dress and undress himself while i quietly shushed her. No one else seemed to notice and if they did, no one said anything.

Later that night, she e-mailed me and asked me to pass along an apology to him. She assumed that because Runic Wolf was being so open with everyone that she was his girlfriend, that everyone knew about Wendigo and I as well. When I told him this, he said that it had crossed his mind that she'd said it outloud too, but he didn't want to draw more attention to it. Neither of us are ashamed of our relationship, we just don't feel the need to broadcast it from the rooftops. Everyone who NEEDS to know, does. Those who don't may or may not, but that's up to them to figure out. If they have a problem with it, that's on them too. Our marriages aren't going anywhere.

It amazes me that we've come this far. Wendigo and I had planned to get Runic Wolf drunk and play some rock band after our battle on Sunday. Runic Wolf invited Loveleigh, which ended up with her, her husband, his new girlfriend (who is her sisters friend and one of their roommates), her sister, and 2 of her kids descending on our house while Wendigo and I were almost in too much pain to move. Still, it went better than I expected; even if Runic Wolf was tossing around poly lingo at he end of the night. It feels so weird to call them metamours when they are just people in my life that I care about.

It's been a long, but good couple of weeks and I've been very busy. Runic Wolf started a full time job two weeks ago and I have been given a second part time position where I work. So for the first time in a long time, we can breathe financially. :D

This adjustment has been a little hard on him and Loveleigh, since she works over nights and is usually asleep when he gets off work, but I'm sure they'll figure it out. We're going to dinner with her, her husband, and his girlfriend tonight. We went over there on Monday to help her move in their new couches and stayed for dinner. But between their being sick, and us being sick, we haven't had much quality time. I know Runic Wolf misses her.

This week, Wendigo and I spent Thursday together. We'd made plans to do some work in the workshop, and still have time to spend some quality time together like we did a couple weeks ago, but the universe threw us a curve ball in the form of Yoda's school throwing in 2 half days this week with only a days warning. We tweaked our plans slightly and when Yoda got home, we were laughing over he mislabeled pokemon in one of his books. He actually got home 20 minutes before we were expecting him, so it's a good thing we didn't languish in bed like we had the last time. We took apart all my arrows that had failed at practice and discovered why they had, fixed it, and reassembled them. :) Now I just need to get my sewing machine up and running again so I can make the covers.

Last night, Runic Wolf and I curled up on the couch to watch Bunraku, since I'd only caught the tail end of it the night Loveleigh slept over. It's a good movie and it was nice to have a night in with no place to be for a change. No early bedtime for work in the morning. I love that he has weekends off now. :D Anyways, I'd promised him dinner and a blowjob for surviving the last 17 days of work - starting one job while still working the other - and he jokingly mentioned it when I came upstairs. I don't think he realized I was serious. He's been amazing lately and I just wanted to do something nice for him. Afterwards, we curled up and went to sleep. Best night of sleep I've had in a while. ;)

It's been a little over a month since I posted anything in my blog. Most people know from the "How're you doing thread" that Runic Wolf and Loveleigh didn't work out and that Wendigo and I have been on a break. . . . well the break is over. :D

Last week after fighter practice; after Runic Wolf went to bed and Wendigo was engrossed in playing Dynasty Warrior 7 he suddenly paused the game, pulled me into his arms and said he wanted to apologize to me and asked me how I wanted him to apologize and kissed me. The kiss turned into more and; well there is something to be said for absence makes the heart grow fonder. . . it makes something else grow too. ;)
Anyways, I accepted his apology and took him home sated.

Fast forward to this week, after tomorrow, we will have spent 3 days together. Tuesday night was game and after I picked him up we spent half an hour just chatting in the car waiting for Runic Wolf to get off work. We came back here, worked on some projects until it was time for game and after game I curled up to watch them play Dynasty Warrior. They're really enjoying that time and I help out by letting one or the other of them know when the other is in need of help and keep an eye out for health pots while they are fighting. It's worked out pretty well so far.

Last night we skipped fighter practice. Wendigo is prepping our friend's shield to be plastidiped and the fumes from the DAP combined with the plastidip that our friend had attempted to use to do it himself gave me a nasty headache. I took some motrin and curled up on the couch while Wendigo cooked jambalaya for dinner. :D (Both of my guys are much better cooks than I am. lol.)

While the workshop aired out, we hung out on the couch. The guys playing their game while I alternated whose lap I was snuggling until after Yoda went to bed. Both of them had been teasing me on and off all night and when I got up to go to the bathroom and came back, I walked infront of Wendigo's line of sight to the TV. And he told me he loved me but I needed to stop blocking the TV. lol. Still, I sat there for a minute or two digesting that sentence. HE LOVES ME!!!! Yes, I know he loves me, but it's been a full year since I've heard those words outloud. I was practically giddy. When they tired of playing, I seduced them both. :D I'm such a naughty girl. :eek:

Tomorrow is build day for out realm. I'm looking forward to it. A friend of ours who thinks Runic Wolf and I bicker too much will be there. I look forward to being sickeningly sweet with him.

While build day didn't go exactly as planned, I had alot of fun just hanging out with everyone. Usually, I have to rely on Runic Wolf or Wendigo to help me make things that are outside my realm of expertise. Usually my saying that I want to learn how to make something results in Runic Wolf growing impatient with me and taking over and finishing the project. So it was nice that our friend from AOM came down for the day. I got construction tips from him and was able to finish all but the pommel of my new sword all by myself. :D This allowed Runic Wolf and Wendigo to focus on their own projects, which is always nice. I took breaks between layers of DAP to check on the conversation going on inside. I'm one of the few female fighters, so I spend alot of my time with the guys. It was a nice break to be able to to listen in on the party planning and sewing portion of the conversations. We're even talking about having a sewing party. :)

Runic Wolf was able to get his new spear built. I'm not sure I like the new spear head, it seems a bit large to me, but my job is to make a cover for it, not wield it. Wendigo felt incredibly unproductive after discovering the shoddy construction of the shield he'd been asked to fix required that he strip it of foam completely and order new foam. Still, I was grateful that we were able to get advice from those more experienced with plastidip, since the shield will be reconstructed in our workshop and not outside in someone's backyard. I know that Wendigo was especially happy to be able to throw back some Woodchuck's with our unit commander.

On top of the awesome hangouts and progress made towards projects, there were delicious burgers. And when we were full, we left to bring Yoda home and for me to get some pain pills for my aching feet. Once the car was unloaded, I took Wendigo home as we were all exhausted from our afternoon spent in the sun.

Yesterday was a lazy day. I'm not sure that I moved from the couch more than half a dozen times all day, in part due to my lovely sunburn. Today, we're being lazy, but will have to head to the store and the laundry room at some point. But at the moment, I'm enjoying family time while it thunderstorms outside.

It's been over a month since my last update. I just didn't have time for this forum last month with all the preparation we had to do before our trip to the End of the World. Ragnarok was probably the most fun I've had in a while and undoubtedly the best trip I've taken with Runic Wolf and Wendigo yet. We have a no drama policy at our camp, so while we weren't in the closet all week, we weren't making it obvious either, which meant Wendigo slept in the barraks tent (the tent where all the single guys or guys who's wives/ girlfriends couldn't make it slept). This meant that, inspite of all of the joking that the three of us had done about Wendigo and I having sex while we were away, it really wasn't possible. But with a fully stocked bar and Woodchuck on tap, we managed to flirt and play footsie here and there throughout the week.

On Monday, Runic Wolf took me browsing/ shopping in Merchant's Row. He bought me a pretty chainmail and bells anklet in my favorite colors to wear to the belly dancing show. In return, I bought him a pair of gray green woolen wingas to wear to the Men Without Pants Party, which I didn't attend so as to give him some room to make some friends w/o me. And it worked, because the next day pretty girls were coming to camp to say hi to him and walking right past the guys in our unit who he felt were most likely to have girls randomly come up to.

Tuesday was the woods battle and I lost many arrows there, but it was probably my favorite of the two woods battle days. At one point, I was reaching down to pick up arrows from behind the shield wall, when the other side pushed. Wendigo ended up falling ontop of me, in full chainmail. He was unnecessarily worried that he'd hurt me, but once we were righted, we got right back into the battle. I did jokingly mention after we'd gotten home that if he wanted to be on top of me, all he had to do was ask. And he replied, not on the battlefield, which made me laugh. Runic Wolf had a bit too much to drink, playing keep up with our Unit Leader, drinking Elder Dragonslayers that night. But he was well behaved and even put himself to bed. I checked on him periodically, but then I got suckered into belly dancing for the drummers. When your boyfriend is drumming, what's the harm in dancing for him? Oh yeah, drunk guys stepping on your ankle, that's what. At least we weren't fighting on Wednesday.

Instead, I got in a little boyfriend time. :) We took a walk down to the laundry room with him while Runic Wolf napped, sat outside and watched the people walk by until washers opened up. I casually mentioned that the chainmail necklace I'd traded for at the Barbarian Trading Post was irritating where he'd scratched my neck and he asked when he'd done that. We joked how Saturday night was so long ago and it felt like another world and went browsing in merchant's row while the clothes dried. At the trim tent, he pointed out trim that he thought Runic Wolf would like, which ironically, was the same trim Runic Wolf had showed me the night before. We ended up taking the man's business card because I didn't have anymore money to spend. The rest of the week passed rather quickly. We held a beautiful wine and cheese party and I was introduced to one of Wendigo's friends from college, who spent the rest of the week bringing me chocolate and other decadence, reaffirming Wendigo and I's desire to have a sin bin in our camp next year. We helped our friend's win the King of Ragnarok battle and attended their thank you party and all in all had a great evening.

Unfortunately, one of our camp mates had a girlfriend who got sloppy drunk and made a pass at Runic Wolf as he was trying to get her safely to her tent. She then told her boyfriend that she didn't remember what happened that night but felt that she'd made a mistake with someone in the unit. When Runic Wolf tried to explain what really happened, the guy went a little bonkers and ended up having to be kicked out of the camp and our unit for making false accusations among other things. Runic Wolf was pretty shaken up by the whole thing so I was glad when it was time to come home even if it meant going back to not seeing Wendigo everyday.

Since coming home, we've had a couple bits of good news though. Runic Wolf is being offered as much OT as he wants, as his company really missed him while he was gone. He is due for a raise in a couple of weeks and they think that he is promotion material as well. My parents messaged me when I got back to let me know that they are getting married in 2 weeks. So excited to be there since neither of them could make it to mine.
Wendigo's crazy sister in law and her kids are moving out this month, leaving the entire property to him and Pretty Lady. I'm happy for them, even if it means that he'll have to give up one game night with us so that he can get the property back into good shape. We have a date next Thursday while Yoda is at camp, hopefully we can make some progress on my leather corset. Things at work are looking good for me as well, though I need to get some more summer work appropriate clothing. I'm picking up more clients starting next week. The goal is to get me up to at least 20 hours a week by the end of the summer. Runic Wolf is keeping an ear out at work for when they are hiring so that he can get Wendigo into his company, which would be great.

I am looking forward to good things in the future for all of us.

We have a no drama policy at our camp, so while we weren't in the closet all week, we weren't making it obvious either, which meant Wendigo slept in the barraks tent (the tent where all the single guys or guys who's wives/ girlfriends couldn't make it slept).

The "barraks" in our group, is anyone with any tent space (or even bed space as some show up with beds that literally sleep 3) and gender is completely irrelevant. Then again, most of the group would be bored out of there mind if there was a no drama rule. :p

Since coming home, we've had a couple bits of good news though. Runic Wolf is being offered as much OT as he wants, as his company really missed him while he was gone. He is due for a raise in a couple of weeks and they think that he is promotion material as well.

:D

Wendigo's crazy sister in law and her kids are moving out this month, leaving the entire property to him and Pretty Lady. I'm happy for them, even if it means that he'll have to give up one game night with us so that he can get the property back into good shape.

Call in all the LARP friends and have a work party. The promise of pizza and beer usually brings out a good crowd.

The "barraks" in our group, is anyone with any tent space (or even bed space as some show up with beds that literally sleep 3) and gender is completely irrelevant. Then again, most of the group would be bored out of there mind if there was a no drama rule. :p

We actually have an old army canvas tent for the barraks. Females are required to sleep in their own tents and the equipment tent is available to all the single guys if they want to bring a female back for sexual purposes. Couples have their own tents obviously. Our unit leader has approved of guys moving out of the barracks if they can provide their own period tent. So next year Wendigo and a long time friend of ours will be getting one. Both feel that they're getting too old for the shenanigans that go on in the barracks tent with the younger guys.

The no drama thing is really about respect. Last year we had a 19 year old come with us and he ended up trying to out drink a guy twice his age, refused to stop drinking until said older man went to bed, was hydrophobic, couldn't take basic care of himself - had to be forcibly removed from the field after getting 2nd degree sunburn because he needed to be the bigger man, etc. And then, another one of our unit members kept giving another man's wife alcohol after he'd been told to stop by her husband b/c she doesn't know her own limits. She kept asking and he kept serving.

So the rule this year was don't cause drama, don't fuck with sleeping/ passed out people, respect people's boundaries, don't fuck with people's spouses/ significant others, and no flashing (because some of us work together and are not comfortable knowing what each other look like naked.)

This actually came up because last year there was a Mardi Gras event that I went to drunk and came back to camp from plastered. Somewhere in there, I flashed the camp master. The next morning, he told me that it had made him uncomfortable because we work together and he didn't want to look at me differently in the future, so he made a camp rule so that he'd never have to see that again. Mind you, this is the man who was getting hit on by a hot chick all week, is not getting sex from his wife at home because his wife has become asexual, and stuck by his marriage vows in spite of lots of encouragement from the other guys for him to go for it.

Back