Wish me luck!

schizofish

Hi there

So I have recently found this site, and the whole polyamory thing, only after splitting with my ex about 18 months ago.

I signed up to OKC recently, as I finally felt ready to start looking for fun/friendship. That was both at the urging of a friend who is also single, and after reading about it on here. My friend would probably not label herself as poly, but she has been interested in hearing me talk about it.

Well, after much toing and froing on OKC, my friend and I have discovered that we are both chatting with the same guy, who lives about 90 minutes away. We discussed it, and we are both happy about the other chatting to him. We let him know that we were friends and he was not weird about it, so at the weekend when she was at mine, we Skyped with this guy and it was fun all round, lots of laughing and chatting.

We have arranged to go and meet up on Saturday, near to him (he is in a large town nearby, so we are going to go shopping first) and have coffee, all three of us.

So far, everything has been fine with no jealousy etc. So I am asking for you to wish us luck for it..... partly because of the meetup, partly because of the possible poly aspect, and partly because this is my first meetup since I split with the ex

Let us know how it goes! And remember, honest, calm communication is key.

Feeling lucky!

Hi all

Okay, I am just back from the visit with my friend and the guy and things seemed to go well!

We set off yesterday morning and got there about lunch-time, met up for coffee in Waterstones. Me and my friend (from now on I will call her L) got there first and were very nervous, lots of butterflies. And when the guy (from now on, he can be SB) got there, we did spend the first 5 minutes being very giggly!!

After a bit, we went back to his place, and listened to music, chatted, danced, drank coffee, watched DVDs..... and SB cooked for us!! And very quickly, it was getting on to "Do we stay or do we go?" territory.

Me and L had a quick unspoken conversation and agreed to stay the night, although with no conditions. SB was very happy with this (lol)! Let's just say that between agreeing to stay (about midnight) and actually leaving (about 2pm this afternoon) we both got to play with SB separately!

There is/was a certain about of wibbles - based mostly around access to SB, but we have discussed it and are working through what we all want. So far, we all want this to continue.

So now asking for advice? Are there any points you can give all of us (L, SB and me) to help smooth things along? Anything we should be discussing immediately, anything that might come along and bite us if we don't talk about it now?

Yep, we already had that conversation before playing....

But anything else?

Back