This is so weird but also exciting lol

We found a house and will be signing the lease this evening!! So excited! We'll get to move away from J's dad's house and the gossip queen step-mom, finally! That will most definitely help to ease a lot of our stress I'm sure. Bad part about the move, is I will only have J's help for a little bit on Sunday. He has to go down to San Antonio tomorrow and won't be back until late Saturday night. Then, he leaves for his new job on Monday morning :( Like my boys said, "Guess we grab all the heavy stuff first so Dad can help. We can help with everything else." I love our sons!!

Got two loads of stuff moved to our new house by myself and then the boys helped me move a third this evening after school. It's coming along! Tomorrow, more moving lol.

We have a flag pole in the front yard of the new house, so I'm hoping to have our UT Longhorn flag found and flying in time for their first game tomorrow night. Hook 'Em Horns!!!!

On the note of getting utilities hooked up. When did it become so freaking expensive???? I don't think I've ever lived somewhere where it's cost this much to hook up utilities. Water is a $200 deposit, gas is $100 deposit, and electric is $208 deposit!!!! That doesn't even include the connection fees that we'll see on each first bill next month.

We are in our new house!! Got most of our essentials unpacked today, so we're actually in a functioning house lol.

On a sadder note, J left for NM for his new job this morning. I cried when he left. He held me for a long time and just reassured me that everything is going to be okay and that he loves me. It was nice, I could stay in his arms 24/7. It hasn't even been 12 hours since he left yet, but I miss him so much already. It breaks my heart to think that I won't see him for a month, possibly longer.

The boys are doing good with his taking off. I think they're too preoccupied with the new house, new schools, etc. It'll kick in with them in a few days when they want Dad's help with something and he's not here to help them.

Urgent to find while unpacking?? I've got to find the webcam so we can video chat with J while he's gone!! His Mac has a camera but our PC doesn't (we did that intentionally because the boys use this laptop).

Well, the kitchen is done, the living room is done, our bedroom is done, our youngest son's bedroom is done, and the bathroom is done. Just have to finish our oldest son's bedroom and finish washing all the bedding that's been sitting in storage for a while because we didn't have room for it. Slowly but surely, this house is getting unpacked and put together.

I really miss my husband!!!! J has only been gone since Monday late morning, but I really, really miss him. He did get good news today though. Instead of 4 months, he could be transferred here to OK as his home base (so we don't have to make another big move soon) in as little as 90 days! If that doesn't pan out like they are hoping, then it could take as long as 6 months. I like the 90 days better than the 6 months of course, so that's what I'm rooting for. Of course, none of that is written in pen, so I'm a little hesitant to get too excited about it.

On another note though, our oldest has been invited on a Science class trip in June to FL to study marine and swamp wildlife. He's only in 7th grade, so the plan is, if we are still in this area and the transfer goes through for J, that I will accompany him on the trip. Which means, I get to go snorkeling, kayaking, hiking, etc with my amazing son. That would be AWESOME!!! Oh, and we would get to go swimming with the dolphins. Does it get any better than that??? Yeah, if it was a family trip with J and our youngest son, that would be better. I almost feel guilty having all that fun without them, because it's all stuff they would thoroughly enjoy.

Our youngest son is trying out for the school choir. He's pretty excited about and has insisted that I help him get ready and help with songs if he makes it. I assured him I would. I'm a singer myself, so this just excites me to no end. I may have my male singing partner after all lol. J is totally tone deaf but does know the guitar, bass, and drums. Our oldest doesn't sing, but he loves the drums. K, our youngest, wants to learn keyboard and singing, but mostly he wants to be a comedian. He has us in stitches ALL THE TIME! Choir will be a good way for him to get used to performing in front of people. So proud of both my boys!

Last edited:
Well, I have officially reached the "completely drained, no energy left" part of all the stress and moving lately. Pain is doing pretty well. It flairs up for a couple of hours, then goes away (haven't taken any pain meds since last week :) ), so that's good considering how it usually goes when I get to this point.

Still a lot to do and a lot of stress to face over the next few weeks. Once that first paycheck gets here from J's new job, a lot of that stress will dissipate.

As far as where things stand with him and College Girl, I have no idea. He's not here, so I don't have any insight to their conversations or anything. I do know that he has been super busy with training, lots of studying to do, and now is heading to his first work site. So, he hasn't had much time for texting, talking, or getting on FB. Which means that their communication is cut way down from before and he hasn't been able to stay up 'till 2am to web chat with her because he's had to be at training by 6:45 am. I do feel a lot less stress knowing that he's not talking to her as much and not seeing them talk all the time either. It's brought a sense of peace, even though I know they are still talking at times and he does still like her (even though he won't tell her the truth).

Back