Tats & Piercings?

I believe you can also create an album in your profile here, let it be public and not private, upload pics there, and then link to them with the "Insert Image" button just above the editing window. Doing it that way embeds the pic in your post rather than as an attachment.

Yeah.... I figured that out and was uploading pictures but the site didn't like it LOL I'm going to have to crop them down to size and try again.

What's a brand?

Unlike that Derbylicious said, it's not like with cattle! LOL

A stencil, just like for a tat, it put on the skin. Then a stainless steel stylus is heated to red hot in the flame from a butane torch. A "strike", or two, is made following the outline of the stencil, and the stylus is heated again.

As soon as possible I will get a pic up.

My brand is fairly large, covering the middle of my upper back. It was done by Noah Babcock of Revolution Piercing in Albuquerque.

I was mostly just making the reference for ease of explanation. People tend to have a good idea of what branding refers to when talking about cattle. I know it isn't entirely accurate but the basic idea is the same. Hot metal + flesh = permanent mark.

I was mostly just making the reference for ease of explanation. People tend to have a good idea of what branding refers to when talking about cattle. I know it isn't entirely accurate but the basic idea is the same. Hot metal + flesh = permanent mark.

Moooo! LOL

It just struck me as funny because so many people do believe that's what it's like. :D

Somewhere I have pictures.... I wonder if my scanner still works..

I only have ear piercings (4 in my left 2 in my right) but I only wear earrings for special occasions. I've been contemplating a tattoo for years but have yet to make a decision on what. I would like a tragus piercing at some point but that will likely wait until I retire as I wouldn't be able to wear it at work. I would consider some genital piercings - but need to do more research there...

MrS had his wedding band tattoo'd on after we had been married 7-10 years and wearing his ring around some of the machinery he was using was dangerous and he was in constant danger of losing it if he took it off. He had his left nipple pierced in college but it never healed right and after a few years he let it heal up. (Was still pretty scarred and deformed for years after that - only recently has it started to look normal). Before I knew him he had one ear double pierced and, briefly, his pinna.

Dude has his tongue pierced but doesn't usually wear anything in it unless I ask him to in order to "pleasure" me. (Bought this vibrating tongue dingus a while back - very interesting.:eek:)

It's actually kind of funny - most of our friends are WAY more tatted/pierced/visibly "out there" than we are, but have MUCH more traditional relationships...the world is an interesting place.

JaneQ

Moooo! LOL

It just struck me as funny because so many people do believe that's what it's like. :D

Somewhere I have pictures.... I wonder if my scanner still works..

Actually branding like that (like you would cattle - the entire pattern in one big hot metal mess pressed against the skin at once) is really common in certain fetish groups. I would totally get it done this way. Not so much the strike or two, reheat, strike or two, reheat way. I'm more of a "get it over with" kind of person when it comes to pain, though. :)

Ah, so it's a burn. Does it count as scarification or is it different?

I wanted to wait for the nipple piercings until I was back in the US with my boyfriend, but then we talked about it a bunch since I last posted about it, and we concluded that there were more benefits for doing it here: time to heal while away from him (so no temptation to have him play with them) and without a job that would force me to go out a lot (not that I would mind if I got a job).

So I went and had it done, and it was painful (I have a low pain threshold), but it wasn't too bad.
I didn't faint while the guy did it or right afterwards, but on my way home I had to stop 3 times, each time because I was about to faint. I had to sit down and drink/eat something sweet. Thankfully I had eaten a big meal beforehand, and I had brought some soda with me.
Once I was home, lying on my back with no bra was the most comfortable position. Any moving would hurt, not the nipple though, but the breast. It was tender, and I realise a lot of people won't relate to that, but the feeling was the one you get when your breasts are tied up at the base, and they feel so tender and heavy with blood.
Standing up was by far the worst, I actually walked hunched over instead, with my breasts dangling down, and it seems like it shouldn't have but it felt better. But the first day I just stayed in bed as much as possible.

The second day I went out for groceries, but without a bra as putting one on was too painful. The first two nights I had to sleep on my back, the third one I woke up on my front (I normally sleep on my front). I bought nursing pads to wear with a bra to sleep in from now on.
Now it's not painful in the least, I'm just making sure it doesn't get infected.

I went for barbells, and they're 16mm long I believe (20 if you include the balls on both ends). Salt soaks aren't what the piercers recommend here, not that they said anything against it but they didn't mention it, so I haven't done any. However I did buy saline when I got my eyebrow piercing, as they say to wash the jewlery with a Q-tip and either antibacterial lotion (for the first two weeks) or saline (from then on).
They told me to deal with the nipple piercings in the same way as with the eyebrow one, so I'm at the antibacterial lotion stage. (It's call biseptine if anyone is curious what it is).

I had blood and crusts at first but now I have neither, and the barbell moves back and forth smoothly when I clean it. I know that nipple piercings take up to two years for the whole "tunnel" to be completely healed, but I think it's healing very nicely so far.

@PinkDragon, as someone who has tattoos and a brand, which technique would you say was more painful? Which would you say took longer?

The brand took about 7 minutes. My big tat took about 3 hours. The pain isn't really comparable. Tat pain goes on and on and on until the area is just so sensitive that everything just plain ol' hurts. The pain from the brand was much more intense, but it was over quicker. Though the endorphin rush after the brand was much more intense.

Did the brand heal in a 3D way? By which I mean, can it be "seen" through touch alone?

For about the first five years it had that 3D feel to it, though it was concave rather than convex. It's been nearly 10 years since I got it so not so much anymore. Because I know exactly where it is I can feel it, and Bear can feel it, but someone that doesn't know my body as well wouldn't be able to tell it's there without seeing it.

I have two tattoos - I have a cherry blossom on my right thigh, and a stanza of Tengwar on my left ribcage that extends to my back. I plan to get another tattoo, a B&W of Sharon Needles, at the end of the summer. :)

I just wear one earring in each ear, but I used to have my navel pierced (bottom, not a Britney) and a VCH - The VCH did not suit my anatomy; I lacked the proper amount of tissue and it would slide up and bug me. I think a triangle or HCH would have been better, but I wouldn't get it redone at this point. The navel never closed up, but I'm considering putting a little curved bar back in.

I have 3 tattoos...upper back, left calf and right ankle.

Attachments

• 100_1908.jpg
    100_1908.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1234.jpg
    100_1234.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1166.jpg
    100_1166.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8
So far...

I have two tattoos: a butterfly on my back and a water jar pouring out water on my belly, near my left hip. They are both very meaningful to me and describe parts of who I am. My name means butterfly. :)
No piercings other than my ears and I like it that way. I got second holes about 10 years ago and they got infected the whole time the earrings were in so I took them out. My body's really sensitive to metals so I won't get any more.

I have three small tattoos, with a fourth planned for when I get the money to start it. My first is my mom's name in Chinese. I have her name because she died when I was four and its in Chinese to unify it with my roommate's tattoo she got at the same time. We wanted matching tattoos but for them to be unique. The second is on my left wrist and it's three stars. My high school bestie and I got them done together before she moved cross the country. My right wrist has 'punk rock princess' as a bracelet with Mario stars and a treble cleft. It was my anniversary present from my hubby, it's our song, the treble cleft for music and the Mario stars for video games since we are both into music and games. My fourth one is going to be birds starting at my elbow and twisting winding up over my shoulder down diagonally across my back, down my side, onto my stomach and than down below. It will have three quotes from the novel 'the awakening' by Kate Chopin.

I also have my ears double pierced, my belly and a VCP. I had my nose and lip done at separate times in my life and would like to have one or the other done again as well as my getting my nipples pierced, maybe because owwwwww :)

I love both, but don't have any tattoos... I'm scared I'll get started and leave with it half done because of the pain. I have two piercings in my left eyebrow, tongue, "the girls", had my navel done three times, but because of previous surgical scars, my body for some reason keeps rejecting them. I've stopped with these since I can't wear facial jewelry at work... and a needle is going nowhere near my nether parts. :p

I don't currently have any tattoos but I plan on getting two in the near future. The first is going to be on my right arm. It's going to be three Link Hearts (from the Zelda games) with a tri-force. Two of the hearts are going to be empty and one is going to be half full. There's going to be a phrase "Live on the edge".

The second tattoo is going to be a line from a song. The line is "Garage Band King". It's from the same song as Rymmare's "Punk Rock Princess" tattoo. I think getting someone else's name tattooed on your body is just asking for something to go wrong, but this is ambiguous to anyone who isn't aware of the story/her tattoo and even if, God forbid, something did happen and we weren't together anymore, we will always be part of each other's lives so it's not like it's a gamble of whether or not the tattoo will still have significance in 10 years. It always will. Anyway, I don't know how I'll make the design yet, which is why I haven't had it done yet.

A big tat of Yoda on my right upper arm, a rainbow bracelet with feathers on my right ankle, a woman's strength amulet on my left pectoral, and a rose with a heart through it (my very first tat) that I got when I was 20 and had washboard abs. I jokingly refer to it as my rose bush since I am a bit older and wider....lol

I got my first tat. Opted to not get the tri-force.

I have one tattoo on my left wrist

tattoo001.jpg

Back