New here. New to poly. Just.. new.

PolyInNJ

I was going to go into a long drawn out explanation of what's going on with me... but I"m not sure if I'm ready for that yet. Been lurking around for a few days, and I like what I've seen here so far - a diverse group with lots of opinions, but everyone seems respectful of each other.

Slight background: I'm a straight female late 30's. I've been separated from my husband (who is Mono) since June, and we were together for 14 1/2 years prior to that (married for 13 1/2 years). I began to come to terms with the fact that I'm poly about a year ago.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who lives a few hours north of me, and another who lives a few hours south. In both cases the boyfriends have their own primaries. Both do a great job of making me feel like I am the center of their world when we visit with each other.

I'm still navigating my way through the waters, and coming to terms with my roles in each of the relationships. I'm also, honestly, not sure right now I am ready to have a primary of my own.

(BTW - my ex husband and I are still very close friends. We just realized we were not functioning well as a married couple, but do function well as friends, and are approaching the breakup in what I think is a very adult manner. By the same token - he doesn't directly know that I'm dating yet, though i'm sure he has his suspicions. Why rock the boat?)

Anyway - I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

*waves*

*waves back* =]
Welcome to the forum. Good to hear that things are going well for you. I, myself am not nearly as long as a year into polyamory. I think about a month and half at most. Single too. But I've had a lot of great advice and information and a lot of friendly chat all round on this site and no doubt, you will get the same welcome whilst you're here. =] Do feel free to send a PM my way anytime if you wish to just have a chat. =] Welcome again. ^_^

Thanks Somegeezer :) I'm not sure why I didn't seek out online forums about this in the past - it's usually the first thing I try to do when I begin to do research about anything -- but it didn't happen this time around. I think it's likely because last year at this time I was still trying to find my way, and come to terms with what I know has been the cast about myself for a very long time.

MORE NJ FOLK!!! Welcome to the boards!! I'm sure you'll meet lots of awesome people and get some great advice.

Back