The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Sad and worried - woke up to find one of my metamours is suddenly in the hospital and on her way to surgery. Our shared partner has had more people he loves in the hospital facing scary things in the 6 months I've known him than I have in my entire life and I've been overwhelmed trying to figure out how to offer support through this period, and wishing I knew how to do it better. I'm trying to focus on positive thoughts, she's a really lovely person and I know she will be OK.

edit: she wasn't OK... If anybody has any book or website suggestions about how to support friends and partners through grief, I'd appreciate a PM.

Am so sorry for your loss.

There are so many grieving this one. :(
Such a vibrant person.

Today was the "goodbye" before they cremated her. I know many are struggling to even wrap their minds around the fact that she is gone still. :(

Doing great.. just got back from a 10 day road trip. Totally kicked ass

however, I did learn something, I hate travelling and not doing. Sitting in the car and driving place to place, without a lot of time to play in some of my new favorite locations simply left me wanting more. I have more trips to plan to most locations we visiting. Rock climbing, mountain biking, kayaking and hiking.. Time for some adventure trips.

Doing great, decided to start dating again. jenn and I are talking again about seeing each other on as romantic level. She and I have another date at the end of the month. I am also talking to someone I met in okcupid. I responded to a unicorn hunter ad but only on a friendship level. The 4 of us have Bern having great conversations and plan to play magic tomorrow.

N and J are officially bf and gf now, even though they have been together a year and half, she finally asked for the title.

I created a profile a while ago on OKC just to see what the fuss was all about. I went back recently, didn't even put a pic up because I didn't think I'd stay... But I just found this really cute/awesome/OMG guy and did something I NEVER EVER did: I sent him a message o.o

Left the attic fan on overnight and woke up to a crisp, chilly bedroom and a taste of Fall. Can NOT wait for my favorite season to get here... :)

Work is going well (the asshole assistant manager got fired) and I have a few possible romances brewing.

Feelin' alright.

Happy news! :D

I am doing great. I am supposed to be going to the gym at 6, but I think I am going to get back in the bed. Especially since I have to work this morning. Maybe I will try it again tomorrow while the duckies are at school.

I hope everyone is doing well this week. :D

A year and a half later dh finally realized he loves his gf and tells her, she told him she's loved him for awhile now. I'm happy for them.

I've decided to change my profile to looking for friends. I don't want to "date". I prefer to have friendships that could lead to romance. I'm not ready to have expectations on me.

Awesome!

Superb! Thanks for asking :)

Really enjoying a fantastic summer, truly happy about how our quad is progressing after ~15mo. Poly is definitely hard work but totally worth it as long as love is the tie that binds.

~S

Gamerboy and I are still sharing a place and its the cause of all sorts of stress and anxiety but financially I'm stuck for at least a few more months. I ended things in September of last year, tried to reconcile for few months in the winter but I've been done since long before September. After a year of this, I just want to be done and have my own place already.

On a positive note, I finally gave into my need to paint, and am so happy about! I always miss art desperately, painting specifically, when its been too long. Right now, I'd love to just dive fully into creating art but I'm still in the middle of a class. which is driving me more than a little batty.

It was a rough week.

Hubby's car took a shit Monday. Not what we needed financially. So I had to play taxi and haul his butt back and forth to work. Normally I would have just let him have my car, but the kids have football and I have to get them to practices. Hubby works second shift to boot.

It also put a damper on my time with Murf. I did get to see him Wednesday after midnight to Thursday early afternoon. But he was having satellite TV installed between 8 and 12. He wanted to get the oil changed on the 55 Chevy. Which he does at his dad's because the lift makes it easy. I told him go I will stay for the installation. But please hurry back I wanted some quality time. I also know that his dad can eat up his time. Long story short he was gone over 2 and a half hours. He dad got talking and his grandfather showed up. Now they live less than a mile from each other. I live half hour away. I was hurt and the stress of life hit me hard. The tears just spilled over.

I had no idea when I would get to see Murf again due to hubby's work schedule and the kids football. Plus Murfs schedule. I was upset I was put second. I admit it.

Well luckily people are awesome. Hubby's work friend helped out. Fixed the car. Damn Saturn and plastic pieces in the shift linkage. He is just charging for the parts ans gas for towing the car to fix it $100.

So a good end to a bad week.

My job has me working weekends for the next few weeks, kinda sucks because I'm trying to use vacation time during the week (use it or lose it) and if I work weekends, those days off count towards my "weekend" instead of my vacation time. *sighs*

On the poly front, we met a new to the area poly couple at a BDSM munch on Wednesday. The wife and Runic Wolf seem to be hitting it off. Wendigo is stressed out from work, but the he, Runic Wolf, and I had a mind blowing (to me anyway) date a couple of weeks ago. Date nights are going to be once a month for a little while due to work and to our DM deciding that he wants us to go to his house for game night every other session. I'll survive, but I do miss the time that we used to have before Wendigo decided he couldn't sleep over after game anymore (his back stopped being able to handle sleeping on the couch after he hurt it at work.)

Work is going well (the asshole assistant manager got fired) and I have a few possible romances brewing.

Feelin' alright.

Glad to hear it!

Excited!

I've been flirting with someone while getting to know him over the past six months or so, and he has begun to reciprocate with some flirting of his own in the last few weeks. Last night, we smooched after he walked me home from the local bar where we first met, and it was hot! He had me up against the front door of my apartment building, and his hands were all over me. I'm a bit of an exhibitionist, so the possibility that any of my neighbors might come home or go out at that point added to the excitement. I couldn't invite him in last night, though I really wanted to, but he definitely let me know he wants to see me again and took my phone number, so... we'll see what happens next!

Way to go nycindie!

As for me, I had an emotional couple of days. I'm not happy in my job right now, but couldn't see a way out. I know I struggle with balancing school, work, and everything outside of that, but when I was offered the chance to use tuition credits, I asked Runic Wolf's input and he didn't respond. I took his non-response as a "Not now" and missed the deadline to discuss it with my supervisor. After reading up on how our tuition reimbursement works, I'd have to commit to at least another year at my agency. So instead, I'm looking for another job. I applied to 2 yesterday, one of which Wendigo had told me I should have applied for last month when he asked me why I felt obligated to stay at my job if it wasn't making me happy anymore/ was stressing me out this badly. Honestly, I wanted the tuition credits and my supervisor had applied for a grant to work with school aged kids and we're waiting to find out if we're approved; they applied for the grant expecting me to headline the new program, which would be awesome, but I'm not sure I can wait much longer to find out. I'm not really good at wanting things; that is to say, I'm not good at wanting them outloud or hoping for/ expecting things. So when I want something, it's a big deal and my boys jump on giving it to me. Only this time, what I wanted and asked for this summer is out of my reach and the disappointment stung big time and was overwhelming. I'm dealing now, but reached my breaking point yesterday in the car with Runic Wolf, who was great at making me feel loved and reassuring me that I'll get it eventually.

Had a great evening with all of my partners together, with families.

It was amazing.

Back