The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Still aching from having 2 teeth removed. Getting a very sore arm and hoping I don't have frozen shoulder coming on again.

Otherwise doing very well :) Met a nice guy on fetlife, we're hitting it off and hopefully we'll meet him and his wife in a week or so. Nice to have friends ;)

Checking in

LR I hope you feel better soon. We are good here. Going to spend my first negotiated wife week away on the 20th. I will be spending a week with Prof for wifery rather than vacation. I usually commit wifery for Mad Science.

Today was just what I needed. I had the day off, and I am in love with fall. The colors move me into an easiness, and blissful state I hardly feel.

I'm frustrated.. New job stress plus health issues, and everyone conspiring to make my weekend miserable. Just wanna hide in a hole today. :(

Sick. :-(

I thought I was getting away scot-free when both of the boys got sick and then got well and I didn't come down with it.

Threw a party this weekend and I think the stress of planning it weakened my immune system enough to let it in. >:-(

Ran faster than normal at running class tonight. I feel amazing. :D

Day was also sad - a work friend's daughter has a mass in her thigh and is undergoing a biopsy tomorrow. My friend and husband are beside themselves with worry. :(

Played hooky from work yesterday to spend the day and night with my boyfriend M. Went to the huge car show and flea market in Hershey PA. Could find the parts for every other antique/classic car in existence EXCEPT a 1955 Bel Air Wiper motor and a new gas peddle. M wasn't happy. Then the Steelers lost so he was really in a foul mood. He disappeared into computer land for an hour and a half and I got upset. Had mind blowing make up sex but wont see him til early next week if I am lucky.

My husband D is not respecting my feelings again re: the BDSM/humiliation thing. I just can not get into it. He just doesn't get that it is pushing me further and further away. We used to have an awesome relationship I want that back but he can't live with out it.

Last edited:
Played hooky from work yesterday to spend the day and night with my boyfriend M. Went to the huge car show and flea market in Hershey PA. Could find the parts for every other antique/classic car in existence EXCEPT a 1955 Bel Air Wiper motor and a new gas peddle. M wasn't happy. Then the Steelers lost so he was really in a foul mood. He disappeared into computer land for an hour and a half and I got upset. Had mind blowing make up sex but wont see him til early next week if I am lucky.

My husband D is not respecting my feelings again re: the BDSM/humiliation thing. I just can not get into it. He just doesn't get that it is pushing me further and further away. We used to have an awesome relationship I want that back but he can't live with out it.

I'm sorry that you're husband is pressuring you to do something you're uncomfortable with. Have you two tried therapy to help him understand that you just can't give him that?

Not doing so good tonight, nothing poly related, but it's been a stressful week starting with having to remove one of my consumers from an abusive situation and making sure he got a restraining order and ending in my blood test results coming back with allergies indicated for wheat, corn, and peanut. Woke up sicker than I've been in a while with sharp pain in my abdomen. Called the doctor and found out that I'd spent yesterday indulging in all the things I can no longer eat for Thanksgiving because I hadn't gotten my test results back. :(

Woke up an hour early today for work because my brain would not shut up about my ex. If it's not one thing it's another. =\

Hopefully the doctor will call today to make an appointment to get my eat looked after. After a month of problems I'd like it to get taken care of. I think it's driving me slowly insane.

I'm stressed about an upcoming casual sex/safe sex discussion I want to have - it's been my mind for a month but I haven't had a chance to see them so I've been over-thinking it for too long. I enjoy talking and learning about where people stand on subjects, but since my perception is this partner doesn't enjoy talking about what can be touchy subjects for some people, he'll project past experiences onto what he thinks I feel about it so it will be a stressful conversation instead of a good one.

On a brighter note, I have a blog related to sewing and whatnot, and a well known person in the sewing community just left a comment about something I made. She's really cute, and since I cant squee on my sewing blog about crushing on her I thought I'd do it here. Sigh!

I learned this week that even permanent birth control can fail even after over 6 years. Had to have surgery for an ectopic pregnancy.

Taking my youngest sons to the aquarium this weekend for my youngest's birthday celebration with my husband and boyfriend. The kids are excited... so am I. :D

oh Dagferi, I'm so sorry. Surgery is often icky. Sounds like you're having a good recovery.

I'm stressed. The job I'm doing (in addition to my own) has been advertised. I'm getting good counsel to apply, but I'm not certain I want it. Not crazy about my boss. He's okay, and likely better than whatever I get if I don't apply. I'm so stressed (by doing two jobs since may, and my employer is in a heap of upheaval) I don't feel like I can make a good decision. Guess if that's my biggest problem, my life is pretty good.

Back