The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I made a big ass mistake last night, talking about a fantasy-type scenario with S, while G was watching. G took it as fact and it resulted in a big blow out, followed by tears and cuddling and holding each other in bed. I feel like shit for letting him see that. From now on, no more reading my chats and vice versa. Unless there is something specific, we can no longer cross that line. Bitch of the year award to this one right here :(

Just a request to avoid confusion. Since your husband has a user name here, can you please use that instead of all the initials, I'm getting confused :confused:, especially since you are calling your b/f S and your husband's user name is Storm77 :eek:. To be fair, your husband does the same thing, using T instead of Glitter. Is mak'n me head spin :eek: :D

Sorry got no advice, except to apologize, prove it can improve and work on the relationship between the two of you.

Sorry about that, I tend to forget those things :eek:

Yeah, just need to work through this all and hopefully come out the other end unscathed.

I was tired at work all week but luckily it was not as busy as usual - so I have a big backlog of paperwork to do this weekend (my only weekend "off" this month) but not as much as it could have been...sigh.

On the poly front things are good - we three went to the county fair on Wednesday (this was for me - I love fairs!) then the boys went to a party after so I was a little lonely but they came home and cuddled me and all was good.

Earlier in the week MrS and I had a GREAT "touching base" conversation - good to confirm we are on the same page and no seething issues to address. Dude and I worked on some conflict we were experiencing around sex and fixed up some stuff there (and had some great sex!).

I am...tired, but happy.

JaneQ

Maca is home safe.
We're on our way out the door for the last family camping trip of the year. I'm doing good, we're doing good.
Busy-as usual, but good.

School starts up the 27th again-then it will be REALLY REALLY busy. A little nervous about all of that!

This past week has been a mixed bag. I'm really getting into my new position at work, but worked an 11 day stretch due to meeting planned on my usual days off that I needed to attend. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while as it is exhausting and I know that I am more cranky and sensitive when I don't have down time.

Wendigo has begun to tell his friends in his RP group about me, including asking me for permission to show one of them my picture. We've come so far from our early days of being afraid to hug each other good bye because we were on the DL and are now to a place of not caring who knows; telling those who it is relevant to and letting the others come to us if they really want to know. Things have been moving slowly with his sister in law and her kids moving out. Their dad is still waiting on the bank to process the closing on his new house, so he can move, and they can take over his old house, this has made for a very stressful and anticipatory summer for them. It's hard to not be able to help.

I'm also struggling with how to be supportive of Runic Wolf right now. I know he's struggling with his inability to find another partner. He and his ex connected on so many levels, I really felt she was perfect for him, so the break up has been particularly hard on him and he hasn't really had any luck since. :( I hate to see him hurting. This week has been particularly difficult because she and I have been in contact (we've stayed friends) and she really wants to spend time with me/ us and he isn't ready.

i'm feeling caught between what i need and want for myself and what everyone else wants/needs from me. it's always felt like there wasn't time/room for my needs and after the way this summer has gone, it doesn't feel like anything has changed. it really needs to but i am unsure how to negotiate or properly explain to everyone.
i am very tired of feeling as if i am just at the mercy of everyone else's wants/needs and time capacities.

Its the first day of school, for the older kids, and I'm starting to feel like a can breath again. Still feeling stressed about everything else but at least its progress.

Feeling pretty okay today. After having a big argument with my sister yesterday (all via email, geez), I have reconnected with a cousin, and getting good vibes from other family members. But I think Sis is still hurting from our fight, so it will be a while before we are back to normal.

Have tentative plans to see Chessy this weekend, which we will firm up later this week. He's feeling much better and is really eager to see me, so I'm flattered!

http://www.adn.com/2012/09/05/2611760/anchorage-begins-to-assess-storm.html

CRAZY! We're fine, but have lots of friends who are still without power. Maca saw a Porche get hit with a tree as it was driving, on his way home from work last night.
The son in law was working at the hospital all night, there power was out-on generator backup. Said it was creepy driving home and there was NO lights on in town this morning!
A friend had a tree come down on their car in the night.
School and non-critical gov't jobs cancelled for the day.
CRAZY!
:)

Doing actually very well. Have had some wonderful, honest and open convos with Storm, so the house is feeling much better. We rearranged the living room, brought in the treadmill and I now have a space to craft. It's tiny, but it works for now ;)

Not doing too bad right now. Nothing has changed on the poly front, but I'm getting more accepting of that. I'm also loving that I live so close to where the LARP we do is held. No having to use the bathhouse showers for me, at least not this weekend! =D

Life has been kind of nuts for me since the early spring.

Work has been completely insane - huge changes that involve vast amounts of work by everyone - vacation ban, weekend working (and I get no overtime, since I'm staff). Not being able to have a vacation doesn't make it easy.

I have family drama in England, too - nothing that can't be managed but Stuff that Needs to be Done.

An unscheduled week of visiting my one partner in hospital - morphine is quite the drug...

The only thing that hasn't been a source of stress for me (or at least it feels like that) is poly - we all know exactly where we stand, we all work together to help each other through life. We each contribute what we can to help the common good. I love both of my partners more now that I ever have.

*horks a loogie*

Well, I'm surprised I'm not the partner in the hospital, let's put it that way. Coming off twelve-odd months of sheer chaos, I'm looking forward to an uneventful autumn, one in which I grow healthier, not sicker. I finally got a therapist for the low, low price of a $10 donation -- not sure if that's per session or overall. Since St J's likes to keep its people on an in-house psychiatrist as well, my days of $200 just to get my drugs assessed and refilled may be coming to an end.

What I am, primarily, is allergic to something. Nature is behaving oddly this year, and I can't say as I'm shocked. We have tiny droughts between tiny monsoons. The trees are confused; already their leaves are beginning to turn and drop. (Actually, I think my maples might be sick, but what can I do?) I had a bout of odder oddness than usual the other morning, coincidentally after I took the "safe" allergy med, so I'm waiting with that one until things get unbearable again. At least I have never yet developed asthma, and please knock wood for me! I am biting my tongue.

And I have realised that this place is becoming a source of negative energy due to a few folk's effectiveness at combining ignorance and arrogance into one huge ugly package, so I think I need to be gone for a while before I start screaming.

Home life is good. A lot of good thinking and growing going on, no real drama.

Ciel-take a break and try to get some rest from the workload and extended family drama too! Hope your loves and you feel better asap!!

My fiance and I moving in with my boyfriend these next few weeks and I'm starting a new job, so it is kind of stressful, but ultimately I feel pretty optimistic and very motivated to get our new townhome in good working order.

I'm technically on vacation but went into work for a few hours today to catch up on some paperwork so I can enjoy the rest of my vacation knowing that it is not hanging over my head when I get back.

The boys worked on the car today and then are getting dinner. I opted out as they always want sushi, which is not my favorite, and I wanted some "me home alone" time.

Wednesday we are going up to camp together for our second vacation as a Vee and to do some fishing. My parents are joining us a few days later. I do have some niggling worries about that as we are not "out" as poly to my folks. I'm not really worried about mom - she has a kind-of built-in DADT policy. She has already assigned Dude to the role of "adopted son-in-law" (her words) and doesn't dig any deeper than "Are you bringing Dude to Thanksgiving dinner?" Dad has made some pointed statements that I was able to deflect or laugh off. I wonder if he will say anything to them...hmmm, my dad, my husband, my boyfriend in a boat together all day long...the three men I care about most who all love me bunches and I worry how this will play out...Jeesh:rolleyes:

Jane("probably-worried-for-nothing")Q

Sick as a dog here, badly infected tooth :/ Tired of fighting with my dentist to get teeth pulled - he's been refusing for 4-5 years, because I don't have the cash for a partial...well now they are all broken, I can't eat solid food and now they are infected...yet he still refuses to remove any of the other broken teeth for the same bloody reason!

Back