The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Bored. Took the boy out for dinner and a hair cut and didn't make it home before Runic Wolf left on his date. I'm looking forward to finding out how it went.

I haven't heard from Wendigo since I got back from dinner, but I suspect he's at his in-laws playing poker. Hopefully he wins. :) I'll see him on Monday. :)

I probably should have said “no” and then saved the disclaimer for in-person conversation, but I don’t think that would have changed the end result.
Well, you would have had someone to enjoy flirting and laughing with over coffee, which isn't such a bad thing to have happen even if you don't move forward toward something more. You might still be able to get a date if you text her to say she misunderstood and that no, you are available, but like to talk about relationship stuff in person. At the very least, she might be open to a friendship with you.

In a pretty good mood...taking it easy this morning, got my coffee and my internet, lol. My only plans today, going to a wedding. And I like weddings :)

Sore but good. Saturday we spent the day with our LARP friends crafting; my back is paying for it, but we exceeded our goal and had alot of fun.

Saturday night was our local poly meet up. There were 6 of us, including the woman Runic Wolf recently started dating and her husband. The food was delicious and the conversation was good. . . . these people are my kind of geek. :D

Runic Wolf isn't sure when a person goes from someone they're seeing to a girlfriend, but for the purposes of this next part I'm just going to call her his girlfriend.

After dinner, we were invited over to Runic Wolf's girlfriend's place for drinks. We met her kids and sisters and ended up talking the whole night. We got home sometime around noon yesterday. :) Now we're talking about a play date for our kids to play Skylanders.

Today the kids went back to school, so I am finally getting some much needed boyfriend time this afternoon. I can't wait.

I had a great day yesterday. It was the 2 year anniversary of when my wife and I started dating so I sent all of our friends and our roommate off somewhere else and we had the house to ourselves all day. I woke her up with a fresh breakfast of bacon. eggs, and pancakes which she loves. After that we sat around naked all day (so nice having the house to ourselves) and played Fable III and had sex like 3 times. Then we had dinner which I made(pork chops and macaroni) and we sat down to watch The Adventures of TinTin which was an amazing movie! After that we went to bed because she had class at 8 this morning.

Still kind of emotional from the weekend plus I'm having a really shitty day at work, great combo. I hate my boss and he's not real fond of me either... I'm SO tired of putting up with his stupid shit, I need a new job. :mad:

Getting VERY excited about Portland! Had an amazing dinner with one of the families that I have been babysitting for last night, and they are pretty certain they are going to come visit this summer. My aunt and uncle plan to visit as soon as we're settled (like, literally as soon as we give them the okay they are getting on the train lol). Keith's brother in law is also planning on visiting sometime when there is a good hunting/fishing season within the year. I think it's going to be awesome, assuming I can make new friends quickly.

Glad that Keith's parents, sister, and my cousin are coming to help us load up the last of the stuff and just hang out for a while on Saturday.

Grateful that my sister and her husband are letting us stay in their guest room for 2 nights before we leave and that my brother in law was amazing enough to offer to drive us to the train station at 5am.

Sad that I may not get to see my parents again before we leave, but hopeful they will be able to make it here Sunday evening for a brief visit at least.

Kind of pissed that Fiona only offers to come over when she would have to bring her kid. A 2 year old is not conducive to packing/hardcore cleaning and I have some rather inappropriate things just laying around until I decide their fate, and she gets frustrated with me for telling her not to come. Blah!

Nervous about all the stuff I still need to get done (finishing packing and cleaning)... Maybe I should get off of the computer and get to work! :p

But, mostly excited! I'm trying to focus on that part.

Last edited:
Have had a pretty good 24 hours. Spent the night at my bestfriend's house, and we got to chill today. That is something that we haven't done in over a month.

Doing really well this week. Runic Wolf's girlfriend, Loveleigh, and her husband have been staying with us since Thursday. There is definitely NRE in the air and I am enjoying watching the two of them interact. Her husband will make a good metamor; he and Runic Wolf, and I are already becoming friends. We all share alot of the same tastes in music, video games, RPG's, etc. AND she can cook like Wendigo. Yesterday I learned how to make shepherd's pie (we dubbed it cowboy pie because we added bison) and today, Wendigo is coming over and we're making a chocolate mint cheesecake with thin mint crust. :)

Also, I have decided to accept the fact that she and I are both attracted to each other and embrace the opportunity to experience a full relationship with another woman. I will always love Pretty Lady, but even Wendigo says that it's time for me to have the experiences she and I never could.

Thankfully we're all going into this with our eyes wide open and enough experience under our belts to take things slow when necessary.

Head hurts, chest hurts, I wanna scream and cry and break something and just curl up and die.

Head hurts, chest hurts, I wanna scream and cry and break something and just curl up and die.

Are you sick Nerd? I strangely feel just like you do. Second time in the last month with a horrible chest cold that's leaving me feeling like your ^^ above quote. :(

Not sick. Just the early onset stages of heartbreak.

Cautiously elated is probably the best term for how I am at this moment.

Had my girlfriend (LoveLeigh) over as well as her husband for the whole weekend, as well as their oldest kids for a night. It was, in short, amazing to be able to spend that much time with a new romantic interest and learn much more about one another, and we didn't try to kill each other. There was a lot of NRE and tension in the air, and it all worked out. Her husband is going to make a good metamor. We got along fantastically and I hope we laid some of his, and her, concerns to rest.

The big lessons learned where that sometimes good things do indeed happen to me and that damn it all if NRE isn't hard to control even when you are aware of it.

Not sick. Just the early onset stages of heartbreak.

Sorry you're going through such a rough patch... Be strong and believe in yourself...there WILL be better days ahead. *hugs*

I am feeling defined by all of the things everyone wants from me. I am hoping it's just a short phase and I'll feel better once the weather improves and I can get outside more often. I miss my garden, my bike and getting to run off alone and go for a swim whenever I need to.
On a positive note, my Computer Lit. class is almost over. I am just waiting on a grade for my final. My next class should be interesting, Introduction to Film:)
And the addition is nearly completion, thank goodness. So yay for that.

Frustration

Was very frustrated at work today. I was working to track down an issue and ended up chasing my tail a lot. It seemed like any computer I touched today decided to just not work, and people I needed to talk with didn't get back to me. Grr...

But, all was made well again when I got home today and cracked open one of my brother's new beers, a honey ale that he just made. Yummy!

My wife and I decided to get a divorce. My heart feels like it was smashed with a hammer even though it was my decision in the end. It's so hard. I wanna curl up in a ball and cry but she is doing that and I still love her so I can't help but try and be there for her.

Back