The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Feeling a little nervous this AM... going to meet my ex-bf for lunch and a beer :) I do miss him, and as much as I know that things could never really go back to the way they were, I would like to have a friendship with him. I do miss his energy and his input. Hubby is supportive so that is nice. I shouldn't be feeling nervous, but well, I am sure it will go fine lol

Things are looking up. Might have some work coming my way - yay! My freelance stuff isn't enough, and the payments for what I do usually come in 30 to 90 days out, so I've been looking for an actual job job, though I admit with very little enthusiasm. I can't really work full-time because I intend to finish my degree and enroll again this fall, after a much-needed break, and I am trying to get my production company rolling. But I've been so-o-o broke, I have to find something!!

Today I stopped in at a really swanky retail store a few blocks away from where I live, and spoke with the owner. He was so nice and asked me to come back with my resume (I hadn't intended to job hunt today, just went in while passing by). Then on the way home, I stopped in my neighborhood pet food store to buy cat food and the owner asked me if I was interested in dog walking. I had already left her some business cards I'd made for cat-sitting, and she's been really supportive and helpful since I told her about my divorce - lets me buy catfood on credit when I'm broke, and so on. Anyway, she told me she had talked about me to one of her customers who needs a dogwalker five days a week. While we were discussing this possibility, that lady came in (timing is everything!) with the dog - a really cute Scottie. So I gave her my card and we talked. Maybe this will actually happen, and also lead to other dog/cat gigs. I can see a nice little flexible worklife developing, a P/T job in a nice store with a cool owner, a bunch of freelance gigs doing what I like, and the ability to produce my media projects on my off-time (and pay the rent).

I'm flying to Flagstaff, AZ tomorrow and get to see the new grand nephew this weekend and my nephew said he would take me shooting :). Then I have to drive down to Phoenix and spend 5 days in seminars. Any Phoenix peeps want to give me an excuse to escape :p?

Awesome. I have had a good day. A decent day at work, but it ended well.

An old friend called me up and we went for a ride. She is a friend from my drinking days and we hadn't connected since December. It was one of those days where I was avoiding socializing, but I ended up running into a few old friends, so we're making plans for more rides. But like all Kiwis, she nagged the hell out of me until I got out of the house. 2 hours later, my ass is killing me and my legs burn. A rare gorgeous night at 20c with lots of sun. Truly a perfect night for my first ride. I can call it inspiring. We even took a spin in the terrain park. I have to admit, my cardio and skillset have stuck with me.

I sure have missed it. "Unfortunately" my cousin is coming up for a ride tomorrow. I don't know if I will be able to sit on my saddle. haha I guess I will just have to learn to suffer. Self-masochism. Woot :)

Let the leg cramps begin. Where's Pengrah when I need my thighs rubbed? haha

Last edited:
Went on a date with wife, gf, and gf's fwb. Was awkward but had a good time!

Other than that, swimming in NRE, scared and thrilled out of my mind!

Happy to be home. Spent the night in Pemberton, enjoyed the night away but with as much time away as I have the next while, I'm happy to be home and hanging out with hubby.

Watching Canucks, greeting new kinksters on Fetlife, and happily enjoying random makeout/groping sessions with hubby. Its going to be a good good night ;) :D

Back in Allston from Philadelphia after 4 days. 8 hour drive Thursday and Sunday, 2 days of sessions Friday and Saturday at the Transhealth Conference, which is growing exponentially every year. Feeling educated, but overwhelmed and tired. Gonna drop the gf at her therapy in Boston today and then head home to Lowell for a couple days of rest... as well as a swim and probably a few hours at my nanny job Tuesday and/or Wed.

Cindie, I am so glad you're lining up some work, retail and/or dogsitting! We paid a dogsitter to watch my gf's dogs while we were out of town. She stops by twice a day, one time just lets the dogs out in the backyard for pottying, and one time she takes them for a 20 min walk. So, 30 mins a day, and we pay her $10 per visit. $20 for 30 mins work per day, not bad!

Somewhat slightly stressed, youngest slammed his hand in a door, cry was unlike usual, and it immediately went black on either side of the knuckle then swelled up to double.

Waiting for hubby to get back - he took the older boy to baseball while I got ready.

Ah well - at least the game will likely be on in ER.

Somewhat slightly stressed, youngest slammed his hand in a door, cry was unlike usual, and it immediately went black on either side of the knuckle then swelled up to double.

Waiting for hubby to get back - he took the older boy to baseball while I got ready.

Ah well - at least the game will likely be on in ER.

Yikes, do you have some ice on it?

It's good to have Pengrah home. :)

Can't help but chuckle when watching Canada's Worst Handyman, and you realize you are designing your bedroom for more devious activities because they created a simple 4 poster bed out of steel poles, and you know just how useful that setup would be.

Last edited:
I'm a little shocked. C came home yesterday and asked if I'd ever considered the possibility of an intimate relationship with our friend H, then he told me that he was totally fine with it. :eek: Mind you, H still has no idea about the poly stuff or that i like him that way, although i'm sure he suspects both. It's really starting to feel like he should know, you know?

Hanging out at H's place this weekend, C took the kids for a walk so H and I could hang out for a few minutes alone, although i didn't realize that was why he did it at the time. it should have been awkward, but it really wasn't.

I'm planning to go on a short road trip soon and would kind of like to go with H, if for no other reason than to hang out. But i can't seem to even ask. C wants H to go with me too. He says he would be good for everyone. If I don't ask H soon, C will probably ask him for me. :eek: Nothin like your fiance encouraging you to start an outside relationship!

@Derby - sorry I meant to come back and update, but you probably saw my update on FB. He was fine shortly after. Ice brought the swelling and pain down and he was playing outside again within 1/2 hour. :)

Today is good. In Vancouver on training, hanging out in an old hotel that has been renovated (but not well) to make it look updated. :rolleyes:

Ah well, its across the street from Tim Hortons, a 2 min walk to where I need to be today and a short walk to where I need to be tonight. Can't wait for the hockey game!!! :D

I am in a really good place. I have a raging headache which has lasted a couple of days, but I am doing well. Things are falling into place in almost every facet of my life.

Went for another ride last night. :D

I still have heartache about some lost connections. A year ago I lost a baby. A boyfriend & I split up agonizingly slowly. About 6 months later. I traveled a few thousand miles and started a relationship with another couple, but turns out they had fed me a lot of misinformation (some may call that lying) and so I could not continue the budding relationship with them either, anymore, even though they wanted to. I still have feelings about them, and disappointment, as well.

I feel a little burnt out at the moment. Ryan is very supportive. He suggests that maybe when I stop trying to make things work out, then something might come along. I am very happy with my life in general & with my/our relationship. I feel blessed & for that I am thankful.

Back