me

Lynn

I've been reading this site for a few months and decided to jump in. I'm in a D/s relationship for about six months now. I'll call him L. We're happy together and he's the first person I've ever met with whom I could truly communicate and be who I am. We've spent the first six months of our relationship building and growing and learning together. He's poly and I'm polycurious. I see it as a truly beautiful kind of relationship and we've done a lot of talking. L is loving and understanding and patient and has answered all my questions and concerns and has basically let me deal with the poly concept at my own pace. He's my best friend.

In our discussions, he's made it very clear that no matter where we might go, we'll do it together and nothing will ever be more important than us. He has a way of making me feel it's all going to be all right and I'm beginning to get excited about eventually finding someone who would fit with us.

Now I understand that the thought of it and the reality of it are two very different things and I'm sure that when it happens, I'll have a lot of bumps in the road that I didn't anticipate. So it begins. We're just going to start meeting people and taking one day at a time but finally open to the possibilities that might be around the corner.

So I apologize in advance for any tantrums or whining :) The people here are so supportive and it's just a great place. I'm so thankful I found it and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Hello and welcome to the forums! Hopefully your reading here will help you anticipate common roadblocks and make your entry into poly-in-practice that much smoother. Every relationship is different and there is no "map" but some general ideas and learning from others' mistakes could definitely be useful.

JaneQ

Greetings Lynn,
Welcome to our forum.

If there can be an ideal way to be introduced to polyamory, you seem to have found it. Congrats; L sounds like a wonderful guy. It also sounds like you have an exemplary attitude and outlook going into this, and will be able to try the lovestyle realistically.

Hope you enjoy reading and posting on our site; there's certainly a lot to learn here, and many friends to make.

With well regards,
Kevin T.

Back