Poly = hippie?

Well now, that is quite a response. Thank you.

I wasn't really directing this in a poly v mono question or direction. Just trying to understand how meeting people with seemingly different personas (roleplay with rules), and then trying to migrate that interaction outside of the structured state of play (in real life where "courtly love" is not structured). I would think it would be like meeting someone on stage, he is charming, personable and charismatic on stage however in person he is shy, not charming etc. That change in personality creates a level of expectation and falseness. Like I said, I could be looking at this in a negative way, which is why I am not seeing the positive of it. Flirting and crushing on someone who plays a role creates a fantasy about them. aka falseness. :)...(I hope I made more sense that time)

Thats very different than a persons comfort level with eating. :)

Anyways I am not arguing just wanted to understand how that interaction works.

The game of courtly love is simply a vehicle for acclimating people to flirting again. Being in an atmosphere that encourages people to share their appreciation for other people rather than having to hide it as something inappropriate because the target is married is the key here. That's a huge wedge in the door of monogamy, I think. Not many marriages have an open license to flirt, because flirting can go so many other places.

Now thats an interesting perspective. So do the spouses of these seemingly monogamous people not mind flirting in this case? Is it still not flirting because it isn't real and fake, or at least they are hoping so?

We can take this to pm if you want. I don't want to hijack the thread. It was just a curiosity after your description of it. I can understand meeting people collectively in a group/hobby setting, but meeting those people under the guise of roleplay, with the rules laid out in a roleplay way piqued my curiosity.

But in those circles I have found random people to relate to (and this forum has been good too ;)) You might have to step out of your comfort zone into someone elses to find what you want, and heck you might like it.

Careful, though. I've found that if you step too far outside of your comfort zone, that you have just as good of a chance as being, well, "uncomfortable" as you do liking it.

In regards to hippies, a lot of the poly people I have met aren't hippies per se, but they seem to have more in common with hippies than anything else(like cousins if not one in the same).

I know for me I have a very hard time relating to most people I have met who are poly, but in my case that's because my interests are about as diametrically opposed to most poly people as they could be without me becoming a Tea Party Republican. To steal an old cliche, it isn't them, it's me.

Yeah. I guess you could say I am a hippie. Alternative, liberal, jam band loving. I own tie dye tshirts and dressed my kids in them when they were little.

But I also like glitter rock and grunge/punk music.

My ex was a hippie too, played guitar, hated to cut his hair and beard.

My present gf is also a hippie (neo hippie, since she's 20 yrs younger than me). That's a good part of how we are able to relate, despite our age difference.

*flies freak flag*

Now, I am off to a 4 day music fest!

Ok, true hippie test here: How many of you women refuse to wear a bra? :D

No way! I breast fed my boy until he was 3 1/2! The ladies faired up well, but not so much that I would go braless. They are too big anyways... I suppose breast feeding that long would make me hippish though :D

I would hate to think of the under boob sweat I would have in the summer without a bra. If it was comfortable to go without I might, as it is I'm more comfortable in a bra!

No way! I breast fed my boy until he was 3 1/2! The ladies faired up well, but not so much that I would go braless. They are too big anyways... I suppose breast feeding that long would make me hippish though :D
Wow...I'm such a perv, because that actually sounds HOT. LOL :D

I would hate to think of the under boob sweat I would have in the summer without a bra. If it was comfortable to go without I might, as it is I'm more comfortable in a bra!

I agree ... I'm rarely without a bra.. and sometimes wear one to bed

Gravity is NOT my friend.

Ages ago I learned that if you apply anti-perspirant under your breasts- far less sweat. Of course, you'd avoid this if ummmm..... anyone was ummm.... going to be nibbling/licking there.

Ok, Someone deleted their post....Or at the least modified it. Because I got the e-mail about it. The whole thought of a CHILKD sucking on boobs and getting hot about that, yeah...That's sick. But what I meant to articulat.....Which I didn't do very well, was that I wish MY mom would have let me suck her tits till I was 3 1/2 or older. LOL Obviously, I'm a boob guy. LMAO But things that ivolve OTHER children (other than myself that is. I've been told a lot, recently, that I'm very childish LOL)and sexuality...Well....ewwww!

I deleted my post because I decided that it could be taken in more than one way.

I'm not sure who emailed you though. It wasn't me.

BUt now that you go on to talk about your own mother in those terms... I'm starting to think maybe my earlier post was onto something after all. Pedophilia is sick, and so is incest.

Perhaps you shouldn't try so hard to explain yourself.

Last edited:
Yes, it was for the notification of a response on this thread.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I need to quit trying to explain myself. LOL My hole just gets deeper and deeper. LOL I'm really not that sick of a person. LOL A little perverted, yes, but sick perverted...no.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I need to quit trying to explain myself. LOL My hole just gets deeper and deeper. LOL I'm really not that sick of a person. LOL A little perverted, yes, but sick perverted...no.

I believe you :)

just twisted a bit.... as a friend of mine used to say...

I've written a few posts that I later re-read with shock. Sometimes it's just a different viewpoint. It makes me wonder how often I think I'm communicating in real life, when the received message is completely different than the sent message.

claire

Back