Why so few Californians?

NovemberRain

Is it because we can pretty much walk the streets and meet people? It seems to me that I see very few posts seeking others in their own California towns....

:)
I used to have a blue '69 bus, m'self. Miss that sucker. Went back and forth across the country several times in it.

You know Castro Valley, that don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it where you pass from the valley to the bay? I spent most of my teens there.

Welcome to the forums. (read your intros elsewhere)

:)
I used to have a blue '69 bus, m'self. Miss that sucker. Went back and forth across the country several times in it.

You know Castro Valley, that don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it where you pass from the valley to the bay? I spent most of my teens there.

Welcome to the forums. (read your intros elsewhere)

Very nice! Good old VWs will run forever if you know how to work on 'em! Yeah, I know Castro Valley...heck, I'd rather go hang out at The Creamery than be stuck at work today. :p

VW's

We had a VW bus once.

His name was Leroy Shane Duke.

When he came to his end we tried to do a over the cliff - explosion - movie thing but it didn't work well.

Just Us,
T&T :eek:

That's one heck of a name. And...yeah, okay, a little terrified now. Promise me you'll never tell me what year bus it was. :)

I discovered that there are quite a few poly people here in Southern CA (quite a few like to work the ren faires:)). The sheer population numbers may be part of the reason. The entire west coast in general seems to be a bit more accepting of alternate relationship styles in general and frankly openly non-monogamous relationships have been around a long time and have become fairly common. Nobody really worries about what the neighbors are going to think, because the neighbors don't really care if you have 2,4 or 8 adults living in your house, this is just normal (high housing prices and large immigrant population).

That's just my opinion.

From.......

From - Prunedale Ca. ... that's by Monterey and Salinas.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

Shoot! I know Prunedale! :D I've helped host many successful VW bus shows at the Red Barn right there off 101.

Red Barn...

Shoot! I know Prunedale! :D I've helped host many successful VW bus shows at the Red Barn right there off 101.

Yep the Red Barn is one of the locations we use to do Pony Rides and a Petting Zoo on the weekends. Think it now is just open on Sundays and not sure but think it's changed a lot since we were there some 20 years ago.

Ah the memories....

Just Us, ;)
Tim & Trisha

I'm in Los Angeles and running into the same problem with a twist.

The poly community here seems to be small but also much older. I'm 25 and if I wanted to date within the community I've been able to find so far, I'd have to go for someone at least twice my age. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with that, but its not what I'm looking for.

I had thought I would be tripping over poly people out here but they seem to be pretty rare.

I find that really surprising. With as many people as there are in the LA basin, the poly community has got to be broader than that.

I find that really surprising. With as many people as there are in the LA basin, the poly community has got to be broader than that.
I've developed a theory after studying the LA community for a while.

The poly people in LA are divided roughly into two groups.

The first group are the old-hands, people who've been doing this since the 60's or even earlier. They're already out, comfortable, and secure in their position so they can take more of a public stance and own the title.

The second group is much younger and open to the idea of polyamory and often engaging in it, but they simply don't call it that and don't identify as poly either because they don't know about poly in the proper sense or because they feel isolated and that no one around them will really understand how they feel.

Hi from SLO Co. CA

Hi November Rain,
There are more and more we are finding in CA. Just have to find them. We live in the Central Coast CA (San Luis Obispo /SLO). So send us a message anytime and are always looking for people in the lifestyle. Even just to go out to dinner with, movie. Just to get to know.
Brenda 51/ David 52 aka TrucknocplMO

Back