Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Official Greeter

And yay bro-hubs! FTW.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
You could call Guy your heart-husband? Just brainstorming out loud here.
That's a thought I'm not really ready to call him any type of husband yet though... Even though it feels like we're heading to him having that type of role in my life, I tend toward caution. I don't know how *he* feels about it. Though he only started calling Hubby "Bro-Hub" after I told him that's what Hubby calls him.

Hubby's only working knowledge of poly *anything* was the show Sister Wives, so he changed that to "brother husband" and then "bro-hub" when he was trying to figure out what to call Guy. lol
Old 04-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Official Greeter

Hopefully Guy will advance to heart-husband. Perhaps he could qualify as super-boyfriend in the meantime?

He could wear an "S" on his shirt.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:24 PM

LMAO! Can I please share that with Guy? He would vastly enjoy it.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:30 PM

Oh, I love the term heart husband!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:06 AM
Official Greeter

I hereby give KC43 and Bluebird permission to tell people about the super-boyfriend/heart-husband promotion system.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:05 PM

Old 04-30-2014, 08:02 PM

Yay
Old 05-04-2014, 04:27 PM

Hi there guys! I'm very busy lately but just thought I'd share the vid I told you about re: the tv show I watched about that poly relationship. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqiGLFoRsQ

(Watch in 720p! Also, don't pay too much attention on the video itself and the gross lights lol, I know I'm not a very good vidder). I put English subtitles for the few lines they say.

So this is basically the relationship dynamics I was talking about; two guys falling in love with a woman, then the woman decides that she won't choose one or the other but both and after a lot of doubts and stuff they finally get together. The two guys have sex with the woman but not with each other (although it's true that on the show's forums many people think they shared more than an on-screen kiss, but I'm sceptical about that), but their relationship is so much more than sex, the three are friends and that's the most important thing, especially with regards to the two guys as they were already best friends during the previous season before they got in this relationship and the show put a lot of emphasis on their relationship.

At some point they went to live together and had to prove to other people that they were serious about this relationship and that it could work (it finally doesn't though). I just find this relationship really interesting and I hope someday I'll finish writing a similar story haha, although mine would have the two guys be strictly non-sexual as I think the show went a bit too far with their "friendship", well it actually went too far with nearly all the friendships of the show LOL and that's one aspect I don't like about the show, because it's like it doesn't matter the characters' gender or sexuality or relationship with each other, everyone must be in love with each other, and I just wonder why can't two people be just friends. At some point even one female character and her gay male best friend got together XD.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Official Greeter

Seemed like a really nice vid; obviously just a preview type thing but you could certainly tell the three people were dedicated to each other despite the hurt feelings and bumps in the road, and wanted to be there to help and support each other.

There's no reason you can't keep the two guys in your story completely platonic. That's how it is in my V (and many others). I've mentioned several poly movies but my favorite poly movie ever is "December Bride" (1990). The two guys are actually siblings (brothers) so, no romance there, just a family-like dedication. It's a realistic show and well worth watching.

I am rooting for you to tell your story and that you'll have much vigor and inspiration to keep it going along the way. I'd be interested in hearing more about its content once you start getting it developed and pieced together.

Regards,
Kevin T.