Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 06:13 PM

I had my follow-up appointment for the MRI results this morning. Good news is that although my F5-F4 vertebra is worn down and is dehydrating from lack of fluid, it is not compromising my sciatica nerve. It appears that scar tissue from my surgery is causing the increase in symptoms. I have elected to have a steroid shot to see if it will relieve some of the pain. I go in April 17th and Bond has agreed to be my driver, as that's a requirement they set - to have a driver. They wrote me a script for a Valium, but I'm unsure if I will take it. I hate the feeling. However, I'm not sure how anxious I will be on the day of, so it's my backup plan.

In a painful move (he hates to spend money), Bond booked us for two nights at a waterpark for the weekend after next. It's the same one that my sister treated us to in December. We booked a 3 bedroom suite with 2 1/2 bathrooms. It's 1,300 square feet. It has 1 king-size bed, bunk beds (bottom bunk is a queen-size bed/top is a twin), a Murphy bed in the living room, and two queen-size beds and a sleeper sofa in the 3rd bedroom. Each of the bedrooms has a flat-screen TV. There is a full kitchen, so we'll be able to cook our meals rather than dine out.

It's going to be so much fun! It'll make for a sweet ending to the kids' Spring Break.

S1 doesn't want to go, but we're taking that decision away from him. He doesn't have that many more years of being a kid and having holidays with his siblings. Oh, BTW, it's his 16th birthday today.

B is unsure if she wants to join us. If she decides she does, there will be plenty of room for her and her two kids. We'll even have two extra waterpark passes for them.

I am waiting for a call from our insurance agent. Our policy is up and it's time to renew. With Twitch living in another state he'll have to go off of the policy. My daughter's car can also be taken off. I was a bit shocked to see that my youngest son only had his truck insured and has been driving without insurance on his car - which he drives the most. Damn kids!
Bea: Bond's 40 year old cisgender girlfriend
M: Bond's 45 year old cisgender bisexual ex-girlfriend
Golden: 42 year old male, ex-boyfriend, housemate
Twitch: 45 year old straight cisgender male, ex-husband, father to Shasti's son
Shasti: Twitch's 45 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 PM

I was elated to see that the numbers on the scale went down this morning. So far I've lost 3.5 lbs since Friday. I'd really like to have a strong first week, as that's usually the easiest point to have a large loss. After this first sprint, I suspect that I'll average 2 lbs/week. I'm so happy that I'm doing this. I feel great and it hasn't been hard. I'm excited that I'll be ready to wear my summer clothes by the time summer arrives.

Depending on how difficult the last pounds are to get off, I may move my goal lower before deciding to start maintenance. I'd really love to get back into the size 4 pants I have in the closet. When I was that size I still had room to loose more. I suspect that if I were to shed all the extra weight, that I'd be a size 0 in pants, maybe a 2. Last time I lost a lot of weight I was working out so much that I put on a lot of muscle. I don't think that I'll be able to do that this time due to my back issues, so I really have no idea what weight to aim for this time around. I am also older and that may affect things. Another unknown is how steroid shots may mess with my metabolism.

Tonight Bond and I are going to go look at a car for my daughter. I hope that it's good-enough and we can purchase it.
Shasti: Twitch's 45 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM

So Bond and B have started to have weekly lunch dates and I am not pleased. I already feel like my bond with B is tenuous and this makes me feel like their bond is going to grow and eclipse what I have with the two of them as a triad.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:43 PM

I'm heading up to my parents' tonight after work. I'm looking forward to seeing them and my daughter, and also not looking forward to it. My dad is so trying. My mother is so good at guilt. The woman should lead seminars on how to apply it.

Bea is going to spend the night, and maybe tomorrow night too, with Bond. They've never had this sort of time together before so I'm kind of excited for him/them. I'm also trying to not focus on it as I don't need to stir up emotions.

Here's something that B told Bond yesterday at lunch. She said that if she and the Therapist were to break up that she'd be fine, but that if the triad were to break up she'd be devastated. That's good for Bond and me to hear, because we tend to feel that one day she'll just pull the plug and say she's done. Not that things aren't going well, 'cause they are, but she's just so fickle on so many things. Feeling like that makes it hard to feel like you're safe being all-in.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:29 PM

Last night Golden asked me if I was monogamous. Seriously? I said no, that I had a girlfriend and a boyfriend. Evidently he thought I meant someone else besides Bond, because he was surprised and exclaimed, "You have a boyfriend?" That man is so whack. I guess it makes sense that he's going to be a college professor. He'll be the stereotypical absent minded professor.

He did a few other humdingers earlier that had Bond grinding his teeth....he was banging drawers against each other, because he had more than one open at a time in the same stack and the upper one is very, very heavy with all of our stoneware plates and bowls. He had both drawers fully extended and was opening them really fast and hard, making them hit the end of their glides really hard. It was alarming. When Bond explained why it was an issue Golden thought we should let everyone in the household know that. All I could think was that I'd never seen anyone else do what he had just done.

But then this morning when I came into the kitchen he had made me two eggs, because he knows I'm doing LCHF and I'm eating eggs for breakfast. That was really nice of him.

Bond and B's weekly lunch dates: I don't have time now to explain the path this has taken, but I'm no longer opposed. Getting to that place may have upset the apple cart, though.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:21 PM

We are counting down the days until Golden and his children move out. I think that one some rather small, minor level that I'll miss having them around, but overall it's going to be damn awesome not having them there.

My son found out that they are having a girl. I knew it. Baby momma thought it was a boy, which surprised me. I didn't want to bet against the house, because IMO momma is usually right, but I really, really, really thought it was a girl and it is. At least we'll assume she's cisgendered until she tells us otherwise. I'm pretty excited. My son is over the moon. I need to select a date for the baby shower sometime in late July or August.

I'm upping my game from LCHF to straight on ketogenic. I need to master it and reduce the number of calories I'm consuming, I think. I was already eating pretty clean, with most of my meals being home cooked. I need to lose 20 pounds. These two factors mean that my weight loss will be slower than someone who needs to lose 100 pounds and/or was eating a lot of processed foods. Overall I feel so much better. I think I've been losing inches rather than a lot of pounds (>7 since March 17th) and that's really the goal after all.

Yesterday I was scheduled to have a steroid shot for my nerve pain, but I forgot to stop taking ibuprofen three days prior, so they rescheduled me. Now I go in on May 4th. Rather aggravating.

I told Bond that at some point I want to get married. He was surprised, evidently he didn't recall that from the night we were with B and I said that I wanted to get married again someday and they both said that they didn't want to. I don't know that Bond feels strongly that way. He didn't seem to when I brought it up to him. We were talking about him staying married vs being divorced vs being legally separated, and how it affects his taxes. He did clarify that I meant married to him. We didn't focus on it greatly, but now it's out there and he's aware.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:15 PM

This morning I found out that Bond and Naya are planning on divorcing in the next year! Color me surprised! I don't know how I wasn't aware of this. I knew he had gone in to see about a legal separation, but I didn't know they had decided to act on it and to actually divorce. He said that is why they have done quit claim deeds on each others houses and why Naya wanted to drop some of her life insurance now that the kids are older. She'll still have plenty, but she figures the house is paid for and that the kids will get the money from its sale in the event of her death.

Once they are divorced he'll probably have to give her more money/month than he is currently between child support and alimony. Once they're divorced she'll need to buy health insurance and pay her own car and home insurance, so expenses like these are concerning her.

He sent me the income percentages that are set by the state this morning.
17% for one child, 25% for two children, 29% for three children. His sons are ages 16,13, and 10 (almost 11). Son #1 currently lives with us, and #2 will likely live with us starting in the fall when he starts high school. That will likely lower his child support, but with alimony I wonder if it even matters. I suspect he'll pay alimony until the youngest is 18. We haven't talked about it, but that's my guess. It's not like he's unwilling to support her from now until eternity. That's just his way.

All of this makes me wonder if my wish to be married will become a reality in the next couple of years. Feeling very surprised and a bit sheepish, because I brought it up without knowing he was actually making moves to get divorced. I shouldn't feel stupid about it, but I guess I'm a bit embarrassed for some reason. And happy. Maybe it's because it made me so happy when I heard it.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:18 PM

Weather here in south central Wisconsin was lovely this past weekend. I went to a friend's house (Franki) on Saturday and the two of us went hiking for a number of hours. We were both tired by the time we found her van again. Our legs were a bit sore and wonky when we climbed out of her van at her house.

She is just starting back on a keto diet after having done it a few years ago. She got her husband (Smatch) on board with it this time around, so hopefully it'll be easier. Plus, I directed her to a really good Facebook group and cookbook. Her husband, a trained chef, cooked us dinner and then I drove back home.

We live close to an hour from one another. The distance really limits our visits, especially in the winter due to road conditions and the fact that we're both pansy asses now that we're older. We both feel so good when we spend time together. I love her to pieces.

Sunday we met B at a park on the peninsula with the kids. I ended up going back to the car for my jacket, so I got a lot of steps in, and it was all rather uncomfortable, back and leg pain-wise. Before we met up with her, we checked out Costco as they had a guest day and we're trying to decide if a membership would be worth it to us. So more steps there.

I decided to quit taking gabapentin, because it's incredibly hard to orgasm when you are taking a nerve blocker. The nerve pain in my leg/ankle was feeling so much better that I wondered if part of the relief could be attributed to the keto diet, as it is noted for dropping inflammation. Hiking on Saturday and Sunday was harder than it's been and I'm waking a lot at night due to nerve pain. Weight loss is also hampered by gabapentin. I think I'll start back up with it after date night on Tuesday. Still debating.

I spent so much time outside this weekend, that I didn't accomplish a whole heck of a lot. While Bond ran the kids to his ex's, I spent some time creating a grocery list and a somewhat meal plan for the week. I'm such shit at planning ahead as to what meals I'm going to make on a certain day. Still I gave it a go and was able to start prepping a few things for the week. I had made a dozen egg sausage cheese muffins to be used for breakfasts, thinking we'd have them for the week. They were all gone by yesterday afternoon, so um, so much for that. I'm glad everyone likes them, but I didn't have enough ingredients on hand to make another batch last night.

Meal prepping was cut short because we decided to go with Golden and his gf's and a few others to see Logan at the cheap theatre. I probably should have stayed home and continued with prepping things, because it was only a so-so movie. I considered making a grocery run instead, but I'm flat broke until payday so I really need Bond to buy the next round of groceries.

We have all three boys tonight, and I'm unsure what to make for dinner. I will have to run to the grocery for a couple of ingredients for either of the two things that come to mind. There are days when I hate working so late.

I got bit three times around my hairline, twice on the back, once on my temple, while hiking with my friend. The one in front I discovered when pushing my wet, sweaty bangs out of my face and my fingers got into thick, sticky blood. Like crazy weird. The other two Bond discovered. They are so swollen and itchy and I'm having a hard time stopping myself from scratching. That's one of the things I dislike about Wisconsin is our bug population. I believe that these are spider bites, as our mosquitoes haven't hatched yet...although I expect them in a day or two, and because of the way my body reacted.

Oh, I have to share this with you. I'm not sure I totally understand this feeling, but it's still amazing.

Bond and I shower together every morning. It's a nice time for us to connect and talk. I love starting the day like that. As I was getting ready, Bond was talking and he said that his life used to be work and then kids and that was it. Work and kids. Which now makes him feel like he's on vacation all the time [these days].
Old 04-24-2017, 09:26 PM

Last night while I was prepping food, I took the time to prep for snello, which is snail food. For the past week I kept a storage container next to the compost bin under the prep sink for egg shells. I needed the egg shells to make a calcium powder, which will go into the Snello. I laid all of the shells out on a parchment covered baking sheet and baked/convectioned them at 225F for an hour. I was supposed to bake them for 2 hours @ 200F, but we needed to leave for the movie, so I shut the oven off and left them in there. When we got home I got out my blender and whirled them into fine particles. I used a sifter to separate the bigger pieces and was left with a pretty fine calcium powder. Tonight I will blend up kale and romaine with enough water to make a slurry, mix 4 packs of unflavored gelatin in 3 cups of boiling water, combine the gelatin water and lettuce pulp, add in my calcium powder and once it's cooled down, pour it into a gallon sized Ziplock bag. That will be laid flat in the refrigerator until set. Once it's set, I'll cut it into blocks and freeze it. I cannot wait to see how the snails like it!

We have had one clutch hatch and we have nearly see-through itty bitty snails scatter throughout our tank. Part of me doesn't want them to thrive, because of overpopulation reasons, but the bigger part of me wants to care for them and make sure they do well. I tell myself that Bond is the one who wanted the hatch out the clutches, so he won't be able to say no to more tanks if we find ourselves in need. We plan on selling some to the pet stores, but they don't want them until they are bigger. I'm also unsure how many they'll take. I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in snails!
Old 04-26-2017, 02:59 PM

Update on the snello; so far I haven't observed my snails eating it, but the fish love it! Hopefully on the weekend when I have more time to stand and observe I will see if the snails are eating it, too. This morning there all that was left was a small scattering of calcium chips where the snello had been the day before.

I took a quart bag of it to B's last night for her snails. It was frozen, but we dropped one in with her snails and one in her overcrowded fish tank. The fish devoured it, the snails stayed at the top of her huge tank and left it alone. I hope that they'll eat it when they're more awake.

OMG, Bond, the world's most correct driver got a ticket last night for failing to stop at a stop sign. He thinks he stopped, but very briefly, the cop says no. He has requested to see the video of it, so that will prove it either way. I find it amusing. I keep singing, "bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?, bad boys". I'm actually surprised the cop wrote him a ticket. Maybe Bond's mohawk pushed in that direction. It made me tempted to push Bond into wearing black eyeliner when we went out last night, because he looks like a British rock star when he does. OMG, I should have and then had him wear his leather jacket. Total badass in a pale version. LMAO

Tags
cohabitation, living situation, living together, new poly, polyamorous