Cool finds, Artisans selling online

Spork

Hey, I know that it is frowned upon (though I actually don't see anything against it in the User Guidelines...?) to use the forum to try and promote anything. I am going to go out on a limb here, I am hoping/guessing that since I'm not trying to promote my own business endeavor of any sort, I'm just wanting to share links to places where I have actually purchased things before...maybe this might be ok?

I hope?
(If not, O Mods, feel free to can this thread, I'll understand.)

So unique stuff is my favorite. I love artisan crafty unusual special finds. I love having that piece of jewelry or item of clothing that I bought directly from the maker and everyone comments on, and no one has seen anything like it. I like giving unusual gifts, too. And I have a strong wish to support the work of artists with my dollars...because it's tough to run your own small creative business in today's world, and because I would like to do that one day, and I admire the courage it takes to try.

And there are a few that I strongly recommend to others, because their craftsmanship is so good, or their wares so wonderful and unique, I just want to see them prosper. I'd like to share a few of my favorites. I've bought stuff from them more than once...

www.artwithlatex.com
This is Kurt Molhusen's site. I have 2 of his necklaces. They always get attention! Every single time. And people can't believe they're made of latex. Also, Kurt is very nice and he's willing to do customs and color variations.

www.heavyred.com
I am on their email list. I almost never hear from them, but when I do, I RUN to the site and buy what I can with any discounts or sales they have. Their clothing is AWESOME. I have two bathing suits, two dresses, and four shirts, and some arm thingies, and tights...a bunch of stuff I got here. Gothic swimwear. Alice in Wonderland gowns. *sigh*

https://www.etsy.com/people/CatherinetteRings
Catherinette Rings
Daniel Proulx is a Canadian who makes really really cool steampunk jewelry and sculptures. I have owned earrings, and four different rings, from his store. Prices are reasonable, for many of these, too. Believe me when I say that for $30, these rings are WELL worth it, they are sturdily made and have lasted me for years.

And this is not quite the same thing, but worth mentioning. I used to put stickers on my vehicle. The ones that lasted the longest were from www.Redbubble.com and they have lots of cool designs. I've got nerdy references to Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, Monty Python, Rocky Horror, Dr. Who, D20's, Labyrinth, the Dark Crystal, The Maxx, Red Dwarf, and Star Trek...in sticker form. I don't think they're made to be bumper stickers but oddly they lasted so much longer than the ones I had that were. Go figure. They are like Zazzle or CafePress, you upload your image and sell their items with your art or design on it. I also use email discount codes but they do spam me a bit more often (once daily, tops.)

Does anyone else have any little known Makers or sites or artists they like to buy from?

Mainly I like to promote like this (if I am allowed to?) because I have first hand experience to share my joy in their products and how they do business. I like to recommend them to my friends.

Back