Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacLynnElle View Post
our house is very close to this too, though we are open to just open relationships and swingers as well
Thats a better attitude
Old 04-22-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
If youve ever been to a swingers club, (it appears that you havent), you will find out that is is VERY VERY respectful and there IS concern. Everyone goes there knowing that, and boundaries are respected, and "no" IS respected.
Well I think that would depend. I have a close friend, a very effeminate bisexual male who has told me that Male/Male sex was not allowed in the sex rooms, but he was followed to the bathroom on two occasions (2 different men) who tried to have sex with him there almost to the point of assault.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 36), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years
Old 07-14-2015, 11:37 PM

Default Struggling Christian

hi, I'm a Christian who loves God. I have landed on loving God and polyamory. Everyone I know who knows (not many, but enough) definitely don't approve nor understand, including my husband. We've been married for 11 years, and he is the most wonderful husband and father to our children. But I fell inlove with polyamory. I'm so conflicted and sad. I know if I go poly I would lose my husband, but I also know if I don't explore polyamory I will always wonder and feel like I'm missing a big part of me. I don't know what to do. Please help by telling me if you've dealt with this.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Official Greeter

Hi WishfulPoly,

I have not been through your same situation but my heart goes out to you, you are in a really difficult situation.

I hope others will respond here too.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulPoly View Post
hi, I'm a Christian who loves God. I have landed on loving God and polyamory. Everyone I know who knows (not many, but enough) definitely don't approve nor understand, including my husband. We've been married for 11 years, and he is the most wonderful husband and father to our children. But I fell inlove with polyamory. I'm so conflicted and sad. I know if I go poly I would lose my husband, but I also know if I don't explore polyamory I will always wonder and feel like I'm missing a big part of me. I don't know what to do. Please help by telling me if you've dealt with this.
Hey Wishful, we are in very similar positions. I have been married for 8 years, have two children and I do love him. I have been in the church and been a Christian all my life but I recently left so I guess that is a difference. If you would like to chat you are welcome to PM me. My thread is in 'general' and it's called "How do I even start to explain??" Or something like that if you want to read what's been going on with me. It's not easy, I know that. My husband has not taken it well at all but I can't deny my nature. Big hugs to you.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:36 PM

I feel bad for you, I am a Jew, so poly is OK, as long as we both agree to it. Christians also were poly and other forms of relationships prior to the 11th century. The Church then found they had a problem with various relationships including the wife and children of the Priests. It cost the Church money. SO they banned married priests and made monogamy the rule. But as you are finding out there are those of us wired for more than one person in our relationship.
You have to be free to be yourself. Your issues would be that you and your spouse entered into a monogamous relationship. It is hard to change midstream. You have the feelings of the other to consider. I tried the monogamy thing twice. IN the relationships I stayed monogamous, the breakups were not due to that. But I was uncomfortable in them. With my wife now, we have been honest from the start. We both are poly, we talked about it at day one and are totally honest with each other. I still love several ex-gfs. We parted ways because we didn't fit into each others life. It doesn't mean I don't care about them? I still do, one did suggest that she would like to visit and do a 3some, but she is set in her life ad can't get a away.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:28 PM

What just happened to this thread? I thought it used to be pages long?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 36), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years
Old 07-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Official Greeter

I'm thinking this thread used to be part of a bigger thread, they may have turned it into its own thread so that it wouldn't be off-topic. [shrug] Don't quote me on that, my memory isn't great.